eFx: Ashoka Tano Limited Edition Lightsaber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy the eFx Ashoka Tano lightsaber?

• Total voters
the price is a little high.
you can find sabers from Master Replicas in this price point (yoda,sidius)
but i have to have it . !

First off, I like Ashoka as a character and I don't understand the hate toward her, but to each their own...

50 views, 13 votes, 6 replies....not one yes....looks like people like Ashoka only so much....apparently not enough to warrant a higher ticket representation.

The poll isn't done very well and doesn't have enough "serious" choices... for instance, I like the character and if I collected the full size lightsabers, I would definitely buy it, but I just don't collect them, and none of the poll options really represented a choice like this.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Plus, the design is boring. And, frankly, the notion of a "prop replica" based on a cartoon is beyond stupid anyway.

Oh please Carl, if that was the case, then we should just do away with Transformers, G.I. Joe, and half the collectibles every made!!! A "cartoon" is just as valid a medium as any other movie, TV show, book, etc. and don't insult the intelligence of those fans who enjoy animation as an art form!

Not really, because at least the Clone/Yoda stuff is meant to be photo-real. This is essentially a CARTOON.

Again, you state that as if a "cartoon" is beneath you... well, maybe it is for you, but it is a very valid medium and I personally think animation has a greater following than you are giving it credit for. Why do think it isn't a worthy medium? Just because a lot of animation is geared toward kids? A heck of a lot of movies are geared toward kids as well, but that doesn't make movies in general "just a movie" and not worthy of collecting, so animation shouldn't have any determination upon that either.

First off, I like Ashoka as a character and I don't understand the hate toward her, but to each their own...

The poll isn't done very well and doesn't have enough "serious" choices... for instance, I like the character and if I collected the full size lightsabers, I would definitely buy it, but I just don't collect them, and none of the poll options really represented a choice like this.

Oh please Carl, if that was the case, then we should just do away with Transformers, G.I. Joe, and half the collectibles every made!!! A "cartoon" is just as valid a medium as any other movie, TV show, book, etc. and don't insult the intelligence of those fans who enjoy animation as an art form!

Again, you state that as if a "cartoon" is beneath you... well, maybe it is for you, but it is a very valid medium and I personally think animation has a greater following than you are giving it credit for. Why do think it isn't a worthy medium? Just because a lot of animation is geared toward kids? A heck of a lot of movies are geared toward kids as well, but that doesn't make movies in general "just a movie" and not worthy of collecting, so animation shouldn't have any determination upon that either.

good points man. i have the same notion that i don't really care what the source material is. if the particular collectible is interesting and designed well enough -- i'll take one. i tried to watch the new animated series, but it just isn't my thing. i'll take the original shorts myself.
~~as far as the cartoon being not worthy of collectible material -- bye bye Yoda, General Grievous, GI Joe, Transformers, Hulk... just about everything as you said. yet, they sell more than just about anything else made in the collectibles business.

The design is just way too unoriginal by now. It's just a chop-up of different saber designs put together.

if i collected sabres, i'd have no problem adding this to my collection. IMO its a nice design and looking at it, I can see its functionality in the unusual way she holds it. Her style would look foolish with Anakin's sabre or something too ornate at the end of the grip, for example.

I think eFX will go out of business before they even get to sell their Obi saber....

ahsoka is a great character !
the clone wars cartoon doesnt ! DOESNT suck !!!
for what it is its pretty good.
it is just the feel of star wars that makes it crappy
and of course George Lucas who only wants to make money destroying Star Wars.

STAR WARS = ORIGINAL TRILOGY !!

btw : tha saber's desing is great

ahsoka is a great character !
the clone wars cartoon doesnt ! DOESNT suck !!!
for what it is its pretty good.
it is just the feel of star wars that makes it crappy
and of course George Lucas who only wants to make money destroying Star Wars.

STAR WARS = ORIGINAL TRILOGY !!

btw : tha saber's desing is great

Makes no sense. if SW = OT, why do you like ahsoka, clone wars cartoon, and this saber?

I think eFX will go out of business before they even get to sell their Obi saber....

No doubt, it hadn't progressed at all since last year's SDCC -- not even weathered yet?!?!?!?! :sick:sick:sick:sick

I hope not.

However it is hard to be in business when you so very rarely sell anything.

I think EFX should take a line from Richard Pryor..."This is a business and we're in the business to do business, so lets do some business!"

I hope not.

I think EFX should take a line from Richard Pryor..."This is a business and we're in the business to do business, so lets do some business!"

I think they'll be ok. They have a lot of stuff in the works, it will probably hit us at a heavy time with Sideshow Pre-Orders as well. Oh the joys of being a bankrupt... errr I mean a collector.:D

D

I hope not.

Exactly what I was thinking too. Where is their income coming from lately?

They almost have nothing to show at this years SDCC aside from what we saw a year ago, and adding a new line of vehicles.

Back