ECC Jurassic Park T-rex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown Hero

Super Freak
Reaction score
From SDCC. Looks like it may say $1490.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1658380931649.jpg
    FB_IMG_1658380931649.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 19
Looks really detailed but also looks like he is about to fall over to his left with the way the legs are positioned. Someone on another forum who claimed to work as a computer animator pointed out the same issue with the Prime 1 Dilo and I could never unsee it.

VickPS on StatueForum asked Steve Wang about the paint on this, suggesting the darker paint scheme that was used for the maquettes during the actual production of the film (which more closely matches what we saw on-screen).

Steve's reply:

ihnD8Pz.png

5237342c-6817-4434-8622-9b4230b42719_text.gif

So it's going to look like the SW Maquette paint wise too? Oml
This is what VickPS was referring to:

bQHzlEm.jpg

Definitely hope Steve is on the same page, because the only company to attempt this color scheme has been Iron Studios with their 1/10 breakout diorama. And I think several years later, under Steve's direction, we can get even closer.

This is what VickPS was referring to:

bQHzlEm.jpg

Definitely hope Steve is on the same page, because the only company to attempt this color scheme has been Iron Studios with their 1/10 breakout diorama. And I think several years later, under Steve's direction, we can get even closer.

This is the Rex I’ve been waiting for all my life. Hope this does well enough for them that they do TLW or JP3 Raptor busts.

This ECC is a great piece but when compared to the original maquette, it lacks the detail and the paint job... Still an amazing piece though...

15-T-Rex-Head-Maquette-Jurassic-Park-Steven-Spielberg.jpg

Attachments

• ECC Rex Comic Con.jpg
    ECC Rex Comic Con.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 0
I don't think any mass-produced model will ever have that kind of paintjob, but it does sound like it's getting an overhaul. Steve said the prototype at SDCC shouldn't have been shown, but the partners were excited to announce they had the license with it.

Looks really detailed but also looks like he is about to fall over to his left with the way the legs are positioned. Someone on another forum who claimed to work as a computer animator pointed out the same issue with the Prime 1 Dilo and I could never unsee it.
I thought the same thing when I saw it, hopefully it does not look bad in person. The Spitter benefits from the base obscuring that same pose issue, so it isn't that bad in hand.

I thought the same thing when I saw it, hopefully it does not look bad in person. The Spitter benefits from the base obscuring that same pose issue, so it isn't that bad in hand.
Ya, especially compared to the Stan Winston maquette posted above which is a similar pose but way more naturally balanced.

Back