1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Was gonna pass on this at first but can't resist the price I got. Only $185! :yess:

I think in some ways the shape of the face does look better (like his mouth and chin), but if you cover up that part of his face and his spiky hair with your hands it is not obvious this is supposed to be Arnold IMO. Both sculpts have their flaws, bother are a'aight, though you would hope that after a couple of years HT would have been able to get a truly good Arnold likeness out of this one. I think the biggest issue could be the eyes, and it could well be the PERS.

This is the best post concerning how I feel about the sculpt/figure.

Goddamn PERS....

Hot Toys should make a Sgt. Candy exercising figure with realistic sweat and smell.......

Damn thats the first time ive seen that SGT Candy vid,,wheres that from,special features from T3?.
,,pretty funny:lol

There is talk about him doing another Terminator along with the original crew coming back. I guess with today's CGI technology they could do some tricks to make him look younger.

It doesn't make sense that they'd keep using an Arnold T-800. For T1 and T2 it's fine, it makes sense but the Arnold skin model shouldn't be the "face" of the T-800.

The Arnold make is CSM-101. That means there are 100 T-800 models before it that sport different builds, faces and skin. Terminator 3 completely disregards that. It would be like if Skynet sent the T-1000 back and it looked just like Arnold. That's not how it works.

Isn't that the point of an infiltrator? It shouldn't have a recognizable identity. The first Terminator had two different infiltrators, the future sequence infiltrator played by Franco Columbu and then the one sent back to 1984, Arnold.

It doesn't make sense that they'd keep using an Arnold T-800. For T1 and T2 it's fine, it makes sense but the Arnold skin model shouldn't be the "face" of the T-800.

The Arnold make is CSM-101. That means there are 100 T-800 models before it that sport different builds, faces and skin. Terminator 3 completely disregards that.

Isn't that the point of an infiltrator? It shouldn't have a recognizable identity. The first Terminator had two different infiltrators, the future sequence infiltrator played by Franco Columbu and then the one sent back to 1984, Arnold.

I agree with you but T3 explained it as making him look similar to the same model in T2 so that John would feel a connection to him like before. Not saying it's a great reasoning but an attempt.

As I believe Cameron himself has stated--you can't think too hard about some of these things. The idea that an "infiltrator" unit would look like Mr. Universe and not some random guy on the street being the first and biggest issue that just makes no sense if you try to fit all this stuff into a logical context.

As I believe Cameron himself has stated--you can't think too hard about some of these things. The idea that an "infiltrator" unit would look like Mr. Universe and not some random guy on the street being the first and biggest issue that just makes no sense if you try to fit all this stuff into a logical context.

Yeah I mean the real reason the T-800 looked the same was because Arnold was the star of the movies. :)

What better way to continue to have the main star die but can always come back in another sequel.

There is talk about him doing another Terminator along with the original crew coming back. I guess with today's CGI technology they could do some tricks to make him look younger.

I'm all for it. In Cameron I trust.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw[/ame]Favorite deleted terminator 3 scene...

my bad didnt know video was posted already a page before doh! still good stuff.

So, this might be a dumb question, but with Dieter Von Rossbach and Sgt. Candy, which of those two characters are actually canon to Terminator? By "canon", I mean falling in line (and being faithful) to the original storylines from T1 and T2.

I never thought they would redo T2 T-800 into a DX, although I had been saying since the earliest days that the original release should've been a DX to begin with since it is one of the most iconic sci-fi characters.

That being said, I wonder if its possible for them to reissue or redo the T-800 endoskeleton?

So, this might be a dumb question, but with Dieter Von Rossbach and Sgt. Candy, which of those two characters are actually canon to Terminator? By "canon", I mean falling in line (and being faithful) to the original storylines from T1 and T2.

Since T3 isn't very faithful to T1 and T2, and comes off as being completely ridiculous at times, I'd say definitely not T3.

Although I enjoyed the Stirling T2 series I'd have to say I wouldn't take it as canon either. I think I recall hearing somewhere that Cameron enjoyed the series, but I'd take that with a grain of salt. The series is definitely well written, and is more respectful of T1 and 2, but there're a few things that just don't fit in my opinion. I did like that the first two books are pre-Judgment Day, and the antagonist is a human with enhancements implanted by Skynet. I guess they were going with that idea for the hybrids in Salvation, but here it's pulled off really well.

There's also the New John Connor Chronicles. I still look at it from a "What If...?" standpoint though, because it deals with three timelines.

John's World: Picks up immediately after the events of T2 with John and Sarah escaping the steel mill and hiding out in South America. Judgment Day doesn't happen.

Skynet's World: Picks up at the Salceda's camp. In the movie she had that nuke nightmare which makes her abandon their original plan of arming themselves, heading south and waiting Judgment Day out. Instead she attempts to change the future by killing Dyson. In this timeline she doesn't have that dream, they stick with that plan and Judgment Day happens as predicted.

Jade's World: In this timeline T2 happens, and Judgment Day is only postponed until the 2020s. By this time technology is far more advanced, and humans can "upgrade" themselves. Similar to Ghost in the Shell. But since humans have such advanced tech Skynet is just that much stronger in this timeline.

There's jumping between timelines, and it get's really confusing by the second book. Definitely interesting, but again, I wouldn't say it's canon at all.

To me, canon is what we saw on film in T1 and T2. If you want to go a step further, I'd also say some parts of the Randall Frakes T2 novelization are canon as well (aside from the obvious amendments like Terminator being lowered into the steel instead of just jumping in in the book).The book was written from an earlier version of the script with William Wisher's supervision, so it's as official as you're gonna get. It includes the read/write chip swap scene as well as several other scenes that were cut for pacing/budget concerns, but still fit perfectly into canon and expand on the mythos. The extended future war scene, which Cameron intended to be in the movie, but cut due to budget/time constraints, is still present as well.

Wow alice, you really know your terminator:hi5: I've gotto check this stuff out:)

I try not to get bogged down in canon, mostly through trying to figure out how John Connor was initially concieved if he didn't exist in the future yet to send his dad back.

:dunno = :gah: = :pow

I never thought they would redo T2 T-800 into a DX, although I had been saying since the earliest days that the original release should've been a DX to begin with since it is one of the most iconic sci-fi characters.

That being said, I wonder if its possible for them to reissue or redo the T-800 endoskeleton?

I wouldn't call this a redo or a remake!
This is actually a new Cyberdyne version of the T-800.
I just find it silly now that Hot Toys did not give the MMS117 (I call it the Pescadero version) a black t-shirt. You guys who own it should really buy him a black one or just dye yours.

IMO, the DX10 is better than the MMS117 because if you buy these 3 accessories, tada: you have a 2x1 Pescadero/Cyberdyne T-800 figure.

As for which head sculpt is better... :nana: Both are Schwarzenegger to me!

Back