DST gets Star Wars License.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Yoda is kickass looking I'll buy it for sure, a 1:1 figure for $175 is too good to pass up.

As for the Luke, ugh... now that is not so nice looking :google

I might get the Yoda as well, but only if the sculpt quality is not going to be as bad as Obi, and Luke's.

AFTER SEEING THAT LUKE, MY OPINION IS.... TONNER ARE BETTER....:lol

AFTER SEEING THAT LUKE, MY OPINION IS.... TONNER ARE BETTER....:lol

:rotfl

But for the $175 price tag I'll definitely take a look at the 1:1 Yoda.
However good the bodies (though seemingly packed with HGH they might be-- someone contact the U.S. Government so we can get a hearing set up... "Mr. Skywalker, do you agree that Jar Jar is an honest Gungan?... We have a statement here that Jar Jar says you were at Qui Gon's barbeque... sorry, we mean his funeral") might be the faces of both the Luke and the Obi (although the clothing doesn't look too bad) are horrendous-- or at least Medi quality :monkey3.

this line might have some "accessories" for the PF. like a darth maul hooded robe :) or like some of you have said . droids! quality may be hit or miss with it. be curious to see

Y'know, since I prefer articulated figures to statues in any scale, it's almost worth picking up a few of these bodies and transferring the PF costumes and heads across (or mixing and matching).

Y'know, since I prefer articulated figures to statues in any scale, it's almost worth picking up a few of these bodies and transferring the PF costumes and heads across (or mixing and matching).

Transfering a PF head?... Good luck.:monkey1 That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen-- more power to you if you're successful-- but man that's risky.

If DST makes a decent Vader in the first "wave", it will take a big dump on SS's story about the "research time" needed for armored figures

If DST makes a decent Vader in the first "wave", it will take a big dump on SS's story about the "research time" needed for armored figures

Just because something is released soon after an announcement doesn't mean research and development haven't been going on for years before hand. Also, do you think these will be as limited as SW items? My guess is not.

Man, those face sculpts are Hasbro-bad. Or worse. :monkey1 Nice price, but you get what you pay for... :monkey3

What utter crap,I thought those Tonner monstrosities were bad but these take the cake.
I don't defend SSC very often but both their ANH Obi-Wan sculpts are vastly superior and it would seem Medicom now have competition in who can do the crappiest likenesses on high priced action figures.
Lucas Licensing allows DST to make crap like this but as yet won't let Hot Toys make 1/6 SW figures? There's no justice.

Last edited:
I hope its a ESB Yoda, a PT would be cool enough, but I'd like mine old and extra wizened. I wonder how the quality of the helmet replica will be? Might be a good alternative for the poor collector to MR prices.

Just because something is released soon after an announcement doesn't mean research and development haven't been going on for years before hand. Also, do you think these will be as limited as SW items? My guess is not.

They look to be mass produced, and if they don't sell well, it could lead to some great clearance deals on these figures :D

Yeah, I might be hitting up Suncoast a few months after they hit... even cool stuff gets discounted there.

The best part of this news (in my opinion) is the potential for cheap 1/4 scale custom fodder. If the clothing turns out halfway decent, I may pick a few up for some cool 1/4 scale kitbashing.

And whoever said that the body is likely the Art Asylum Bruce Lee body might be on to something... Since DST bought Art Asylum, it would make perfect sense to re-use that existing resource for this application. If they DID create a new body it wouldn't make sense for them to sculpt it so stylized, when they already have the similar Bruce Lee body molds at their disposal. I bet it is indeed the same body.

Looks like Gentle Giant suffered from the lack of scan-ability on this one... :eek:

If they are around. The one at Penn Square just closed. Quail Springs in the only one left that I know of.

Really?!? Damn, when did that happen... crap I was so happy when I found out we still had them in OKC. I was actually going to pop into Penn Square yesterday, but it was too late.

Being a Maul collector, I eagerly look forward to seeing and likely getting that one. MAY get Ben, and Jedi Luke looks ok, for the price too.

I would be all over a Star Wars Select Figures line. I love with what they have done with Marvel.

Back