Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dr. Doom LSF!

I feel the same way about a lot of this year's SDCC reveals. When I first saw Apocalypse, Sinestro, and the Predator 2 maquette, they were must haves. Now I've had time to consider each of them and prioritize, and I don't think I will order any of them.

Delays definitely will hurt sales. I still think this will be a very well received piece. The concept and execution from what we have seen on the proto look good.

I will be waiting until in-hand pics show up.

I feel the same way about a lot of this year's SDCC reveals. When I first saw Apocalypse, Sinestro, and the Predator 2 maquette, they were must haves. Now I've had time to consider each of them and prioritize, and I don't think I will order any of them.

Yeah I totally agree. I think it can be easy to get excited about a piece when you first see it and hypes high but once you have time to evaluate you can make a better choice. That's why I am glad things don't always sell out fast and for WL it gives you time to evaluate. I also thought after SDCC that I would order a bunch of pieces that were revealed. Now I don't really have an interest in any.

Megatron, joker bust, predator, apocolypse, 1:2 Ironman.

All I care for.

Oh, and anything with the name Hulk in it.

Chris

Last edited:

not me, still same plan. Dont want sinestro, want apocalypse + pred 2 unless they are open editions / no ex, then pickup on ebay later for a nice price haircut.

not me, still same plan. Dont want sinestro, want apocalypse + pred 2 unless they are open editions / no ex, then pickup on ebay later for a nice price haircut.

Apocalypse is a PF so should have an ES. Find out about Pred later this month...hopefully :pray:
Spidey, Red Sonja, Pred & Gladiator Hulk was my plan. Two ordered, waiting on Pred details and dropped Hulk.

Yeah I totally agree. I think it can be easy to get excited about a piece when you first see it and hypes high but once you have time to evaluate you can make a better choice. That's why I am glad things don't always sell out fast and for WL it gives you time to evaluate. I also thought after SDCC that I would order a bunch of pieces that were revealed. Now I don't really have an interest in any.

I must agree as well.... these lags of 2-3 years have sucked all the fun out of collecting SSC.. It's exciting to see the new releases and get hyped for them... then 3 years goes by and that all fades away. I had a massive collection at one point.. over 40 PFs, 60 HT 1/6 and 3 LSF...10 life size busts...13 Comiquettes... I am now down to the Darth Maul LSF, HT Dark Knight Tumbler, HT Batmobile 89' and HT 1/6 Keaton Batman... my only additions in the next year or so will be HT 66' Batman & Robin and the 66' batmobile. I've gained lots of room in my home office and saved a ton of cash...:)

Last edited:

Apocalypse is a PF so should have an ES. Find out about Pred later this month...hopefully :pray:
Spidey, Red Sonja, Pred & Gladiator Hulk was my plan. Two ordered, waiting on Pred details and dropped Hulk.

Red Sonja looks amazing. Congrats on that pickup...hope she turns out great!

I rather have this Doom version lol
20131011_115302_18330.jpg

and I just can't commit I won't sell him before Sideshow stop making it. I've been a collector long enough, I know I don't keep all my statues forever, I had to sell many statues due to many reasons: space, fund, change of interest, newer statues are better, etc..

Without wanting to derail this thread , I would like to talk about this commentary, which reflects a behavior that I have seen a long time in many collectors , so, I say , it´s my opinion and dont want offense anyone....

When I buy a figure, is because I like it, dont buy with the idea that if comes new and cool figures out and I cant afford with my money, i have to sell that i liked before

I also see like to see some of you put in your signature the pre-order you have

What purpose has that kind of signature if they will be replaced by the new ? ?

When you buy something , do it because you like it , you guys put much illusion when the sneaks peeks out or when you see the prototypes at SDCC

I am totally opposed to selling parts and I would do it only as a last resort ,like an emergency ,not in the case to have cash to buy new figures or lack of space

Without wanting to derail this thread , I would like to talk about this commentary, which reflects a behavior that I have seen a long time in many collectors , so, I say , it´s my opinion and dont want offense anyone....

When I buy a figure, is because I like it, dont buy with the idea that if comes new and cool figures out and I cant afford with my money, i have to sell that i liked before

I also see like to see some of you put in your signature the pre-order you have

What purpose has that kind of signature if they will be replaced by the new ? ?

When you buy something , do it because you like it , you guys put much illusion when the sneaks peeks out or when you see the prototypes at SDCC

I am totally opposed to selling parts and I would do it only as a last resort ,like an emergency ,not in the case to have cash to buy new figures or lack of space

You will eventually run out of space then, unless you have a huge house and not many people have endless funds.
Tastes change, collections evolve and head in different directions. New pieces come out that may be a better incarnation of the previous one you bought.
The FS/T section would be empty if everyone had your philosophy.

Do what you do and leave others to do what they do.
That way we will all get along :lecture

Yup, nothing is forever. Sooner or later you will be bored of your current statues and hunt for a newer statue. Maybe even differ hobby altogether.

I understand you guys but who buys the superfluous, will soon have to sell the necessary.

Anyway,this hobby needs patience and knowledge how far reach the possibilities of each one, more than one opinión is a friend advice

Here is the flaw on your thinking:

We don't know what Sideshow's 10 year plan is or what they plan to release. It would be easier to know what is being made, how long they plan to have each license for and how limited each piece will be. Without this info most collectors are just using past history and guessing as a guideline to collect given their means (display space and funds). Do I buy this Hulk statue now or wait for the next one? Do I buy the Hot Toys version of this piece or wait for Sideshow to make a 1/4 scale version of it (if ever)? Will Doom LSF be available for a while? Will it be the best Doom ever made over the PF or the upcoming PF?

Not knowing is the problem. That is why when you see something new being announced that looks miles ahead of something from like 5 years ago and your logical impulse is to sell. Those few exceptions that work the opposite are labeled as grails. This is one of the most uneducated hobbies that you can have as a consumer. It has gotten worse as open ES removes some of the absolutes that some of us knew about Sideshow and items selling out and remaining collectible. You could even assume that expensive items like life size busts or larger $2,000 pieces would have a low ES which justified the higher tag. Not the case anymore.

Last edited:
Back