Doomsday Maquette - Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 months to sell 300 of them... This would have been a much higher ES and quicker commitment from the buyer with a more traditional take on the character.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think the Price plays a big part in the ES. Also that this is a Superman only villain. They knew that was narrowing the market hence, littering the base with the whole DCU. Just look at Superman's main baddie, Lex, who has taken forever to sell.

Idk - I would have been on board but too many things bother me about this statue

I really like the head sculpt of this one and the ex - reminds me more of Dan Jurgens art then the Prime 1 statue
But over all I passed due to the random littering and feet instead of boots

Superman's cape is great - looks great, nice you can remove
I've said it before, the eye bones should have been done better - they should be going right over the eyes, there is too much space to see the eyes

I think this would have been an amazing statue but fell short on the design

Hunter/Prey was the 2nd or 3rd fight

2nd fight, but it tells the backstory on how Doomsday ended up buried on Earth wrapped in the green containment suit -
how he was first defeated before Superman fights him for the first time

If this had the P1 head sculpt I would’ve ordered day 1.

If this had the P1 head sculpt I would’ve ordered day 1.

i found proportions weird on that one, head looked too small compared to rest of body,, anyway it was too big to fit in my collection

will be a hard sell.. the 600 reg,, the ex portrait was a must for this otherwise poorly received statue

The suit and the Green Lantern ring killed it for me

I agree, but looking into the story Hunter Prey - (which I haven't read since it first came out so my memory was very fuzzy) apparently he does take the green lantern ring and uses it against the guardians - I believe this took place as a back story during his first battle pre Superman. So I am a little less irritated by this
Not sure how the batarangs could get stuck in his skin though

I'm really glad the ES is so low. Hopefully it gives Sideshow some kind of a hint on their pricing and art direction. I'm sure it won't, but it should.

Back