Dog Alien Artfx+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks only slightly better then the warrior. No way I'm paying three or four times the cost of the McFarlane and neca aliens when these are only somewhat better.

I don't know about "slightly." The Warrior looks like a NECA product whereas this is at least on par with Sideshow's 1/5 Dog statue (which, considering the scale, is impressive).

I think the lesson here is that drybrushing takes time and care -- the kind that can't be given on an assembly line. Betting that's why the Big Chap and Dog look so clean while the Warrior is so shoddy. Those were likely airbrushed and then washed.

I don't know about "slightly." The Warrior looks like a NECA product whereas this is at least on par with Sideshow's 1/5 Dog statue (which, considering the scale, is impressive).

I think the lesson here is that drybrushing takes time and care -- the kind that can't be given on an assembly line. Betting that's why the Big Chap and Dog look so clean while the Warrior is so shoddy. Those were likely airbrushed and then washed.

Yeah - everyone knows the correct sequence - dogs should be washed first THEN airbrushed.

Yeah - everyone knows the correct sequence - dogs should be washed first THEN airbrushed.
some-helpful-facts-and-information-about-hairless-dog-breeds-55f2923d58f0c.jpg

The best alien dog statue out there is def the Sideshow Alien3 Diorama. Pose, face, size are perfect! The face is so good. I need a proper snarl with the dog.

Koto version looks good but that arm is dodge.

Definitely. Going off these pictures I like this head sculpt more than the sideshow 1/5 Dog. The mouth area and dome look much better. Not quite as impressive as Big Chap but I will order one.

Big Chap has arrived in the U.K now. With a little luck, Royal Mail will have mine delivered next week....

i'm happy with my Neca. it's more detailed and better painted.

I think also the koto is better but when you have to pay 3 or 4 times the price of a neca...that's where it goes wrong..

img_24_m.jpg
img_25.jpg
img_26.jpg

Of course Koto is way better than Neca, even though I have the Neca dog, but there is definitely no comparison.
The question is, are they worth that much?

Cu8NXmPVIAA8AJm.jpg
CvcQs_PVMAE59E4.jpg
CvcQt92VUAIoWUy.jpg
CvcQtdhUkAEif6L.jpg
CvcQvA9VYAA8fvA.jpg
CvQHU74VMAAoLv7.jpg

May have to pick this up once I see a decent price. Managed to get the big chap at almost half price.

Back