Do you collect boxes or toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo customz

Super Freak
Reaction score
i have quite a few collector friends that buy items but never open them, they keep em BOXED protect the outside box or even the shipper box, always found that so strange as i love to open and smell and play with any toy i buy or even a candy bar-----hell smelled most of all my dates when i was young or my wife at this stage of my like-----i mean what the point of a toy or spouse when you can not enjoy them-----------what say you FREAKS............

Last edited:
I was with you until you said you smell your dates. I appreciate a pleasant smelling woman, but i just picture you sitting in a car with them sniffing armpits.

d33.jpg

I was with you until you said you smell your dates. I appreciate a pleasant smelling woman, but i just picture you sitting in a car with them sniffing armpits.

looking at your avatar i see what you smell................:clap
and as i man i can tell you there is nothing better than ---
a scent of a woman

Well, There are 2 ways of looking at this issue.

MISB will command top dollar due to never being removed or played with.

AFA collectors will pay premium price to get C9 or better for grading.

For re sale, boxes are critical to market value prices.

No one including myself would premium price for loose figure.

You would be lucky of you get 1/2 value without original boxes and loose or played with.

Loose collectors do not care of box condition.

The problem is if they want to move figure chances will be difficult.

Prices are drastically affected due to figure not being new and used.

The moral is if you want resale in future better off keeping MISB. You will get your money back and some more.

Loose collecting means enjoying figure. The draw back is loosing significant resale value.

Well, There are 2 ways of looking at this issue.

MISB will command top dollar due to never being removed or played with.

AFA collectors will pay premium price to get C9 or better for grading.

For re sale, boxes are critical to market value prices.

No one including myself would premium price for loose figure.

You would be lucky of you get 1/2 value without original boxes and loose or played with.

Loose collectors do not care of box condition.

The problem is if they want to move figure chances will be difficult.

Prices are drastically affected due to figure not being new and used.

The moral is if you want resale in future better off keeping MISB. You will get your money back and some more.

Loose collecting means enjoying figure. The draw back is loosing significant resale value.

That would make you an investor and not a collector.

Wait I'm confused, this a thread about loose collecting vs boxed (And new car smell.) or a fetish thread about a dude who steals women's underwear when they're not home? :lol

I open about 95% of my toys but keep the boxes just in case. Now days its not that big a deal if its been opened and displayed as long as it has the original box you will get about the same resale prices. The only things I keep unopened are things where the packaging is important like my Wedding of the Century Muppets. Open it and its not really anything special because its the box that makes it unique.... plus it has a window front so you can see it anyway.

As far as secretly smelling woman's underwear..... no comment. :)

All of my Buffy 6" figures are still in their original packaging. Those are the only things I've ever left in the package.

i have quite a few collector friends that buy items but never open them, they keep em BOXED protect the outside box or even the shipper box, always found that so strange as i love to open and smell and play with any toy i buy or even a candy bay-----hell smelled most of all my dates when i was young or my wife at this stage of my like-----i mean what the point of a toy or spouse when you can not enjoy them-----------what say you FREAKS............

Women.

Boxes.

Smell.

Also, what's a candy bay? Is that like on the out skirts of candy land?

Wait I'm confused, this a thread about loose collecting vs boxed (And new car smell.) or a fetish thread about a dude who steals women's underwear when they're not home? :lol

dude do you even know how to read......................:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back