Do not buy from Enterbay!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
twice the shipping for 100x better the customer service. Kinda obvious at that point

Of course. But that still doesn't negate the fact that it turns a $220 figure for say, Scarface, into a $290 figure. I can perfectly understand why many would take the risk ordering direct from Enterbay.

I'd rather pay a little more for peace of mind than have it arrive in pieces.

I won't do it on principle - an extra 10-20% for peace-of-mind maybe, but paying 30% extra I'll pass altogether. And after the MIB3 debacle I won't ever again be PO'ing from EB. I'd love to say I'll never again buy an EB product, but as a Bruce Lee fan they're the only game in town. I passed on their rubbish GoD release, but if their BB figure turns out well I'll still pick it up through a reputable ebay seller.

After the in-hand reviews are in of course.

The EB Rambo 3 is my first & last Enterbay figure.. I ordered it from a local retailer so if EB effs-up, I am protected by the obligations of the local retailer to us (buyers).

Never buy direct from a manufacturer, especially if they have no clear T&C description for refunds pertaining to their faults. :slap

So Garemlin, you still haven't gotten a response or a refund?

That's ****ing terrible.

Still no response or refund. Sent a whole new lengthy e-mail the other day.

@morphosis: I see this now. My mistake for trusting them to do the right thing. They are not some fly by night company so I figured they would. Looks like I am learning a valuable lesson. Albeit a very expensive one.

Great news. Just had an e-mail pop up on my phone a few minutes ago. It was a refund notice from Paypal. Full purchase price and return shipping costs. Also got an apology letter from EB. I don't know what got them to finally step up. My threat of legal action or the fact that I cc'ed my last e-mail to every Enter Bay e-mail address I could find. Funny thing is the apology letter came from the sales department. Not CS.

Though I am happy and relieved I finally got a refund this whole debacle has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Still will never buy anything from EB. Direct or from a retailer.

I'm happy to hear you got the matter resolved. Too bad you had to go through that hassle to do so. Bad, bad business practice there. Makes me relieved that HT is making the 1/4 Avengers and NOT EB!

Again, glad it finally worked out for you. :clap

Funny thing is the apology letter came from the sales department. Not CS.
Reinforces the idea that they don't have things very well organized over there, considering that from an organizational perspective this is not an issue that sales should be dealing with.

I'm waiting to buy their 1/4 scale Batman when he gets distributed through Diamond in the U.S. Apart from saving money, I just didn't want to roll the dice with EB's customer service.

Based on Wofford's belated refund, I was thinking you'd end up being refunded eventually. I really don't think they're out to deliberately shaft people, they're just woefully incompetent in the CS department.

Glad it all worked out in the end for you, but what a hassle to go through.

Sorry your going through this with EB but if you pay by PayPal, you should always file returns through PayPal, no matter who the company/seller is, no matter how well known they are, always do it through PayPal. If you don't, sellers can easily ignore any refunds. That is one of the biggest reasons to use PayPal, protection for your purchases.

Sucks they are doing this to you. Hopefully they will make it right.

I have to disagree all..paypal protects nothing..
I have got several isues with dishonest seller ,some of them shipped broken items or completly different from the pics shown...so I asked to paypal to have a complete or partial refund fot that mess...
Then paypal response:
We are vere sorry but you have receivd your item so we can't act against this type of issues..we can only act if you don't receive an item or if this is different from the purchase...

paypal can take an action only if the seller has the amount money to cover the paypal fees in his account...if not paypal do nothing...
and most important thing :
if the seller delete his account and clear all the deposit money, then you are fired...
so be careful...
PAYPAL PROTECTS ONLY EBAY REMEMBER THAT.

100% wrong.

1) PayPal protects any purchase as long as you paid by normal checkout and not as gift, payment owed, or personal payment. Their policy:

Purchase Protection covers all your online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal. It also covers you when you make a payment on our website. You must open a dispute within 45 days of your purchase or payment to initiate the Purchase Protection process. Finally, your account must be in good standing with us to get Purchase Protection.

Purchase Protection does not cover certain kinds of purchases. These include: digital goods (intangible items), services, real estate, motorized vehicles (of any kind), custom made items, travel tickets, industrial machinery (for manufacturing), prepaid cards, or items that violate our policies or eBay’s policies (stuff that’s usually prohibited by law anyway). Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family.

AND PayPal used to only refund if the seller had the money in his account, but NOT ANY MORE. The seller can have ZERO $$ in their account and they will still refund you 100% no matter if its an eBay purchase or online website purchase.

In your situation, you must have explained the situation to them in a wrong way. I have had to return dozens and dozens of items and never had one single problem. Things broken, or item not described correctly. Always have been refunded 100%.

Also your better off calling PayPal instead of filing online and explaining the situation to a live customer service rep. They will tell you if you qualify for a return and will file the return for you.

If you file a return, you need to make sure you get tracking info one you mail the item back. Once the item is back to the seller and PayPal has on file the tracking# to show that it was returned, you get refunded 100% what you paid (just usually not the returned shipping costs unless seller agrees to pay that for you).
sorry mate but if the seller has no money in his account paypal will not refund anything..is happened to me already...I tried to explain what is real happened to me but paypal has refund nothing..their reply:
the cover protection is only for the item purchased on ebay with the "paypal secure" diciture...that's all...

I'm torn on this issue. My gut instinct is to not buy directly from EB, but with Scarface being $180 at the moment I'd save $50+ on the figure. Decisions, decisions.

I'm torn on this issue. My gut instinct is to not buy directly from EB, but with Scarface being $180 at the moment I'd save $50+ on the figure. Decisions, decisions.

Some people are making the decision not to order from EB on principle. But if you don't care about that, then you should be fine picking this up from them because:

a) The Scarface figures didn't have the QC issues that MIB3 and Godv3 had. Chances are good that you'll get a good figure.

and

b) The figure is in stock. So you have a fair amount of time on your side if it comes to requesting a refund from paypal.

Hot Toys and Enterbay only get away with this behaviour because they understand they are producing for an OCD market.

People are going to continue to buy from them no matter what they do.

Hot Toys and Enterbay only get away with this behaviour because they understand they are producing for an OCD market.

I am very principled on this matter. I refuse to buy Hot Toys and Enterbay products unless it's a figure I really want.

:exactly: this comment about the major retailers producing for an OCD market is very true...resistence is futile!

Some people are making the decision not to order from EB on principle. But if you don't care about that, then you should be fine picking this up from them because:

a) The Scarface figures didn't have the QC issues that MIB3 and Godv3 had. Chances are good that you'll get a good figure.

and

b) The figure is in stock. So you have a fair amount of time on your side if it comes to requesting a refund from paypal.

:exactly::goodpost: the scarface figure has any defects sound strange by enterbay, but true..:monkey1:rotfl

"I have all you money, ha ha ha!"

898476-short_round_4_super.jpg

urgh I wish I'd never read any of this. I was searching for feedback from people that have dealt with them as I placed an order earlier. I was surprised that I didn't receive any kind of automatic confirmation from them so I sent an email. One of the things I ordered says it was available for preorder so now I'm worried that I'll get messed about. I assume I can't try to cancel the order and get my money back through Paypal just because I changed my mind? I'd rather go through an ebay seller instead now.

Back