Prop DL-44 Han Solo Blaster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro Design

Super Freak
Reaction score
My latest creation... a 3D printed DL-44 replica blaster.

Downloaded the file from thingiverse:

Mauser C96 model with flash hider and scope by RonPossible - Thingiverse

Ran this w/ my 3D printer and did the finishing work to the parts... here's the steps i did for the finishing work and the results!

Prints ran using Simplify 3D w/ PLA at fine resolution. I ran all the parts in groups according to the ones needing support, those needing a raft and those that needing nothing. I also made a fake screw head and nut for the grip and fake cap screw for the suppressor as I wanted the entire piece to be printed.

A quick sanding of all parts w/ 220
Primer all parts
Quick wet sand w/ 400
Assemble all parts minus the grips w/ Loctite gel superglue
Black matte Krylon paint for everything minus the grips
Brown mixtures of darker then lighter acrylics for various wood effects on grips
Metallic silver acrylic dry brush for weathering and grip screw head/nut
Matte enamel clear coat entire finished product.

You can do some pretty impressive things w/ your printer after it's dialed in and some finish work on the parts!

thanks guys!

actually its extremely light. i'd say no more that 6-8 oz. when you print, you choose your infill percent... the internals that would normally be solid are printed in honeycomb pattern to the percentage you want. so if you want a solid piece you go 100%... downside is it takes forever to run a print to solid fill... this i ran at 15% which is plenty for strength, but very light weight. my wife picked it up off the counter when i was done. she looked at me and said "wow! i really expected this thing to be heavy!"

Back