Disney infinity

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this going to be a whole new base system, or just a new game disc useable on the old system?

You don't need a new base. All figures and power disc are forward and backwards compatible.

I don't think that is true. You have to buy the new game, you can play old figures on the new set. Starter set has Black widow, Iron man, and Thor and a new base. Marvel figures will not work on the original infinity.

I don't think that is true. You have to buy the new game, you can play old figures on the new set. Starter set has Black widow, Iron man, and Thor and a new base. Marvel figures will not work on the original infinity.

The description says the new figures will work with the old base.

They have back tracked on it. In the beginning they said future figures would be backwards compatible. Now they are saying they are only forward compatible. Also you won't have to buy a new base. They are saying the game will or at least the Toy Box mode for 2.0 will be available as a download.

They have back tracked on it. In the beginning they said future figures would be backwards compatible. Now they are saying they are only forward compatible. Also you won't have to buy a new base. They are saying the game will or at least the Toy Box mode for 2.0 will be available as a download.

ok, you have me confused. If the figures are only forward compatible then wouldn't you have to buy a new base?

The figures are forward compatible in that you can play them on 2.0. All figures will work on the original base, but new characters won't work on the first game. Unless they change their minds again.

Back