different weapons.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Aidan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Being that I am new to the game where you all go to get the different weapons you outfit your joes with? Monkey depot, black opts, or TA? Or other place you would recommend

There are a slew of sources. Those that you mentioned as well as redplanettoys.com, ebay, and the commerce section of this forum are all great places to check as well.

i will take a look later , i have way too much stuff to look through buddy . I'll post what i got in your thread

I was looking on ebay. What brands do you recommend?

Depends. You'll need to look at the guns. Sometimes even a budget company like Dragon has decent guns and a company like HT makes not so decent ones.

i will take a look later , i have way too much stuff to look through buddy . I'll post what i got in your thread

Better yet, make a F/S thread with them (in accordance with board rules) and post a link here. That way we don't have to see any more SPAM. :nana: :lol

Toy Anxiety is cheap; so is Good Stuff To Go. What's nice with these two retailers is that they sell the complete weapon set from the figure (minus the additional ammo, you at least get a pair of mags). They're shipping is super fast once the funds are cleared. I also recommend Echo Base Toys.

Black Ops Toys can be super expensive but they break down weapons by attachment; silencer, sights, forward grips, flashlights, and laser aiming mods; this is cool if you want to customize your rifle or machine gun. Also, they have a lot of older military 1/6 loose items; quite the variety I must say but they can be pricey.

I recommend playhouse or toys city. They're sturdy and solid; soldier story is super detailed and functional with razor sharp casts but brittle and especially flimsy when the attachments are placed on the rails. It's seriously a _____ to put together something and then have it fall apart when trying to place it in hands.

Toy Anxiety is cheap; so is Good Stuff To Go. What's nice with these two retailers is that they sell the complete weapon set from the figure (minus the additional ammo, you at least get a pair of mags). They're shipping is super fast once the funds are cleared. I also recommend Echo Base Toys.

Black Ops Toys can be super expensive but they break down weapons by attachment; silencer, sights, forward grips, flashlights, and laser aiming mods; this is cool if you want to customize your rifle or machine gun. Also, they have a lot of older military 1/6 loose items; quite the variety I must say but they can be pricey.

I recommend playhouse or toys city. They're sturdy and solid; soldier story is super detailed and functional with razor sharp casts but brittle and especially flimsy when the attachments are placed on the rails. It's seriously a _____ to put together something and then have it fall apart when trying to place it in hands.

A dab'll do ya.

ct2-16_superglue.jpg

Yeah, you'd seriously have to go that route; especially when the attachment doesn't fit as it was designed to do so.

Thanks for the recommendations

Depends. You'll need to look at the guns. Sometimes even a budget company like Dragon has decent guns and a company like HT makes not so decent ones.

A good example of that is the MP5, HT's are extremely oversized and the mags are the same shi***y ones they gave to their Famous Type Neo.
Dragon's versions are at least correctly scaled.

Darth Aidan said:
M4, sniper rifles, exc. I am also looking for left hands.that can hold pistols
Sideshow's Joes come with pistol gripping left hands so do a few Soldier Story releases and Hot Toys True Types. look around on some of those websites listed above and I'm sure you'll find something.

A good example of that is the MP5, HT's are extremely oversized and the mags are the same shi***y ones they gave to their Famous Type Neo.
Dragon's versions are at least correctly scaled.

The only thing I don't like about the Dragon MP5 I have is the sling. I have a Hot Toys MP5 SD6 on the way.

Be warned, it's a slippery slope. I started off happy with my stock Joes, then slowly got reigned in.

I find myself buying some weapons / equipment and I'm like "Why did I buy this?" :lol

Here's a thread I from when I first started getting additional gear.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85463

well it is your fault anyway! I was looking at the load outs you had on your beachhead and I was like man I would love to have a sniper rifle or a M4 for my stalker. :rotfl:rotfl

Back