Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The CG movies were just promotional
, and that was confirmed by Eidos long time ago...:lecture

are you serious! there's not even one?? well... ____. false advertising!

also i didnt know it was RPG. I just fell in love with the art style lol

i love when games have CG cinematics. i was hoping this would be one of em:mad:

ah well its still fun

ah well its still fun

Sorry pal, but you wont see CG cinematics on this game, All cinematics are in real time.

A CG does'nt tells me nothing.. I love the artistic work on Deus Ex, and many other games aswell, but I need to know what kind or genre is a game before buying it. (and watch before many gameplay vids of course)

Did you know at least that "Deus Ex human Revolution" is a prequel from the Original Deus Ex (PC) released long time ago.. dont you??

EDIT: BTW please, Anyone can post some in hand pictures of the Play Arts Deus Ex Adam Jensen figure??: Is a 10" scale figure like the Big Boss Right??

Last edited:
Sorry pal, but you wont see CG cinematics on this game, All cinematics are in real time.

Really?... none?... at all? :slap the trailers implied there would at least be 2 or something( what about the clips from the trailers????). they looked too sexy. im very disappointed, a large reason i ever bought any FF game is for these CG cut-scenes, im glad at least this game is good.

Did you know at least that "Deus Ex human Revolution" is a prequel from the Original Deus Ex (PC) released long time ago.. dont you??

don't worry i did enough research to know it would be worth getting the CE of lol. Every Trailer i saw looked sick, and honestly it looked like more of a shooter than anything else.

p.s Is Adam Jensen in the original at all?

EDIT: BTW please, Anyone can post some in hand pictures of the Play Arts Deus Ex Adam Jensen figure??: Is a 10" scale figure like the Big Boss Right??

Actually the figure is more like 8 inches :S. pretty cool but not the same quality of bigboss imo.
the arm on mine broke when i tried to switch to the blade :mad: im thinking ill buy the retail version and return the broke one to get my money back lol

Really?... none?... at all? :slap the trailers implied there would at least be 2 or something( what about the clips from the trailers????). they looked too sexy. im very disappointed, a large reason i ever bought any FF game is for these CG cut-scenes, im glad at least this game is good.
Are you serious? :slap

don't worry i did enough research to know it would be worth getting the CE of lol. Every Trailer i saw looked sick, and honestly it looked like more of a shooter than anything else.

Looks like you didn't do much research at all.

Glad you like the game though. :wink1:

Last edited:

p.s Is Adam Jensen in the original at all?

Actually the figure is more like 8 inches :S. pretty cool but not the same quality of bigboss imo.
the arm on mine broke when i tried to switch to the blade :mad: im thinking ill buy the retail version and return the broke one to get my money back lol

Sorry for the broken arm dude, that sucks a lot.. and I know for experience! :gah::gah:
..So then...Is the Adam Jensen figure smaller than the Big Boss?? Damn!!, I thought, they were about the same size.. :slap

The CG's were created "specifically" for the trailers (Both E3 and TGS 2010) and were just promotional and were made from another company (can't remember the name now)..therefore, you wont see them in the game for sure (Already confirmed by Eidos Montreal). neverthless, I think there are at least 1 short CG (Adam Jensen Recostructed) and maybe the final ending could be a CG, after all ¿¿??... but not sure man :dunno

And Nope: Adam Jensen is'nt the same character than the original Deus Ex released long time ago..

Last edited:
CG cut scenes or not who cares, this game is amazing. It is a GAME and not a MOVIE.

Since we are on the subject, I prefer cut scenes to use in-game graphics anyways...keeps me 'in' the game more if you understand what I mean.

This is Game Of The Year as of right now for me. Skyrim will probably overtake it, but Deus Ex is a serious contender for 2nd place.

Are you serious? :slap

Looks like you didn't do much research at all.

Glad you like the game though. :wink1:

yeah i don't like RPGs. i knew the original was 50% RPG but like i said from the trsilers i looked more Action/ Stealth orientated.

I generally like in-game cinematics ala Metal Gear Solid but this games character models ain't that pretty. And the 1st three bloody trailers of this game were pre-rendered you cant really fault me for thinking it would have them like final fantasy.

like i said though everything else is beautiful and i guess the promotion completely worked on me huh? :monkey1

yeah i don't like RPGs. i knew the original was 50% RPG but like i said from the trsilers i looked more Action/ Stealth orientated.

I generally like in-game cinematics ala Metal Gear Solid but this games character models ain't that pretty. And the 1st three bloody trailers of this game were pre-rendered you cant really fault me for thinking it would have them like final fantasy.

like i said though everything else is beautiful and i guess the promotion completely worked on me huh? :monkey1

..So then...Is the Adam Jensen figure smaller than the Big Boss?? Damn!!, I thought, they were about the same size.. :slap

Please ZombieRepublican,Could you confirm if the Playarts Adam Jensen figure is smaller than the Play arts Big Boss?? ( I mean size and scale) :monkey3

yes definitely it doesn't even look like its the same line lol. its about an inch shorter, and the Adam Jensen is quite true to the game so it ain't bulky like bigboss either

ill try and get a photo for ya tomorrow

yes definitely it doesn't even look like its the same line lol. its about an inch shorter, and the Adam Jensen is quite true to the game so it ain't bulky like bigboss either

ill try and get a photo for ya tomorrow

I can understand that Adam jensen is thinner than Bigboss.... but What I can't understand is why the hell is shorter?? .. I thought, all playarts figures were about the same scale, no matter the videogame which is based .. and 1 inch is to much difference :monkey1

I think I"m going to wait until after the first of the year to pick this game up. With everything come out soon I don't have the time to dedicate to an RPG.

ZombieRepublican

BTW here's the CG Extended trailer (E3 + TGS 2010 + new footage) of Deux Ex Human Revolution:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g20HBGkw0g"]Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Tráiler Español Extendido (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

360 or PS3 version? I've heard the PS3 does a bit better with the load times.

Nope.. you're wrong man!

The PS3 version loads faster because the imandatory nstalation..(almost 3GB) HOWEVER if you install the full game on 360 then the load times will be faster than PS3.:lecture

Here:

https://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/08/22/deus-ex-load-time-comparison-360-ps3-360?objectid=907179

And about the game itself, well both looks almost identical, the 360 version has a darker gamma contrast (IMO better than PS3) and better AA (or less jaggies), whereas the PS3 version has slightly better quality cinematics (not compressed), :lecture

I have both consoles but purchased the 360 version cause the full installation.. I mean, this is a game which punishes the lens so hard (despite the mandatory instalation on PS3.. the lens works hard)

And about the cinematics, well they're made with the game engine but recorder..and Not CG, so I don't care :/

Last edited:
Still debating on getting this one. I'm still trying to finish up the original Alice game that came with the new one. After that I want to beat the sequel. Gears comes out soon (probably right around the time I beat the second Alice game). That will keep me busy until Skyrim. So I'm just not sure this fits into my schedule. Hell I still have Crysis that I barely touched. Not enough time! :gah:

Back