DC Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bottom line is SSC made a mistake (from a collectors POV) by making 1/5 scale Marvel coms. It reeks havok on our displays. I hope they just give collectors what they want from the start with the DC line. 1/4 comiquettes! I can't see too many people complaining that their 1/4 coms are too big.

The bottom line is SSC made a mistake (from a collectors POV) by making 1/5 scale Marvel coms. It reeks havok on our displays. I hope they just give collectors what they want from the start with the DC line. 1/4 comiquettes! I can't see too many people complaining that their 1/4 coms are too big.

:goodpost: They made a mistake of going down the 1/5 scale path as a result most 1/5 scale pieces are sitting in the warehouse and will continue to sit there.

If they had 1/4 scale standardisation people will still buy multiples of different costumes cos they all display well together. Imagine 5 different Hulks lined up all in the same scale, that's better than 5 different hulks in different scales.

Eventually all 1/5 will be made into a 1/4 version so I'll just skip the scale altogether.

1/4 goes better with Premium Formats of all licenses anyways.

You kinda missed my point. They will not make all of the DC comiquettes in 1/5 scale. It will not happen because when a character can't be done in 1/4 scale PF, it is then done as a 1/4 comiquette. My point is look at the Venom, Carnage, and Silver Surfer com. Do you really think SSC is going to release those coms again in 1/5 scale? NO!

This will happen with the DC coms too. A charcter that they can't make as a 1/4 PF will be made as a 1/4 com. That's were the fun begins. I promise you this will happen. The only way to have everything be uniform is to make EVERYTHING 1/4 scale. 1/5 scale will sooner or later cause a display problem. If you need an example of this look at the 1/4 Spidey com. Hobgoblin is 1/5. Every other villian com that will be released will also be 1/5. Do you now see the problem with 1/5 scale? That is my point.

I can't see too many people complaining that their 1/4 coms are too big.

You state that they Will make 1/4 by default, you state the only way to make everything uniform is to have EVERYTHING 1/4 from the get go

i am saying Why? Why is 1/4 default?, i say EVERYTHING CAN be uniform and match in scale if EVERYTHING is done at 1/5.

I'm not arguing against 1/4 but this is basically coming down to another 1/4 or Fail statement. I dont have infinite space in my home and wouldn't want three 1/4 instead of four-five 1/5.

So i ask you why is it a Fail?

If they all match at 1/5 there is no mixing and matching of scale and thus no Fail.

All you have to say is you prefer 1/4 over 1/5 and thats fine, but dont carry hate over from Marvel's mix-and-match spporach and dont be so arrogant to think you know for certain that its guareateed that 1/4 is the default choice by SSC.

Its entirely possible for them to say, hey why not make this whole license 1/5.

They've already made loads of Marvel at 1/5 so it is a business plan of theirs after all, something thoughtout thouroughly in meetings and concept and production, they could decide to make the DC statues mostly 1/5 if they wanted, you talk as if its 100% guaranteed to be a mix and match of both scales or no 1/5 at all.

So it seems i'm in the minority as guys love to _____ all over 1/5, i dont get how people can love 1/6 and 1/4 but hate 1/5.

Its not a matter of them matching your existing collecting in terms of DC because this is a brand new line, if they did make 'em all 1/5 you'd all just ______ becasue its 1/5 without any particular reason why your doing it.

I hate when a fantastic statue is announced and guys just dismiss iy because of scale, i get it if you have mostly 1/4 but with DC there is no previous size to compare against so if they all are 1/5 you just screwing yourself over arrogance, and carrying hate from another line to this without any real context.

This little rant isnt directed at anyone in particular just those who live to whine over 1/5.

Last edited:
As stated before Nova, all their PFs are in 1/4 scale in all lines. They won't change that for DC. Have you read their description of PFs from their literature? It states clearly that PFs are 1/4 scale mixed media pieces. 1/5 scale is just a red-headed stepchild to me, 1/4 scale is bigger with more presence and all of the PFs have already been made in that scale.

You like 1/5 scale better? How about Venom, Spidey and Carnage comiquettes? Did you pick those up?

You state that they Will make 1/4 by default, you state the only way to make everything uniform is to have EVERYTHING 1/4 from the get go

i am saying Why? Why is 1/4 default?, i say EVERYTHING CAN be uniform and match in scale if EVERYTHING is done at 1/5.

I'm not arguing against 1/4 but this is basically coming down to another 1/4 or Fail statement. I dont have infinite space in my home and wouldn't want three 1/4 instead of four-five 1/5.

If they all match at 1/5 there is no mixing and matching of scale and thus no Fail.

All you have to say is you prefer 1/4 over 1/5 and thats fine, but dont carry hate over from Marvel's mix-and-match spporach and dont be so arrogant to think you know for certain that its guareateed that 1/4 is the default choice by SSC.

They've already made loads of Marvel at 1/5 so it is a business plan of theirs after all, something thoughtout thouroughly in meetings and concept and production, they could decide to make the DC statues mostly 1/5 if they wanted, you talk as if its 100% guaranteed to be a mix and match of both scales or no 1/5 at all.

So it seems i'm in the minority as guys love to _____ all over 1/5, i dont get how people can love 1/6 and 1/4 but hate 1/5.

Its not a matter of them matching your existing collecting in terms of DC because this is a brand new line, if they did make 'em all 1/5 you'd all just ______ becasue its 1/5 without any particular reason why your doing it.

I hate when a fantastic statue is announced and guys just dismiss iy because of scale, i get it if you have mostly 1/4 but with DC there is no previous size to compare against so if they all are 1/5 you just screwing yourself over arrogance, and carrying hate from another line to this without any real context.

This little rant isnt directed at anyone in particular just those who live to whine over 1/5.

Last edited:
As stated before Nova, all their PFs are in 1/4 scale in all lines. They won't change that for DC. Have you read their description of PFs from their literature? It states clearly that PFs are 1/4 scale mixed media pieces.

retardedmonkeygirl.gif

Please read fuzzys post. ALL PFs in EVERY line are made in 1/4 scale. This will not suddenly change in the DC line. So right off the bat you will have conflicting scales if they release 1/5 comiquettes. Yes, so there is no confusion, 1/4 scale is the default scale in EVERY PF made by SSC. That is the companys business strategy.

I NEVER said 1/5 was fail. I do prefer 1/4 scale though. You obviously have no idea how many PFs I own. A grand total of 1. It's the Mystique PF. I can't stand PFs because I hate any clothes on my statues. So, for your information, the rest of my SSC pieces are all comiquettes. 90% of those are in 1/5 scale. I did not let the size difference stop me from picking up these pieces. However, I would have loved for all of them to be in 1/4 scale. Why? Because my 1/5 Thanos is smaller than my 1/4 Surfer com. That just pisses me off.

By the way, it is not arrogance that makes me so certain...it is the past business practices by SSC that does.

Last edited:
I concede that with what you guys have stated, that 1/4 is the standard sale for PF's.

I do have Silver Surfer, Spidey, Carnage and some others in 1/4, i missed out on Venom.

I had the Back in Black spider-man 1/5 Comiquette statue way before the 1/4 Spider-man and carnage came out and can't display them next to one another because of the size difference, i was annoyed too when Hobgoblin was announced as 1/5 as it wouldn't fit with spidey and carnage, but it does fits with BIB spider-man as that was 1/5 first before classic spidey , venom and carnage.

I want to carry on my 1/5 X-men comiquette line as much as you want to carry on your 1/4 X-men PF line.

I started collecting statues like two years ago and have collected more 1/5 statues as they were the ones that looked the best to me and were available at the time.

I am just getting sick of the same freaks constantly going onto threads of 1/5 pieces like Colossus, Beast, X-23, Nightcrawler, daredevil etc... and saying 1/4 or fail.

I like the 1/5 line and there are others too, so it has it's place and it's fans.

if you don't like it that's fine, but i don't go onto threads like the Cyclops PF and say 1/5 or fail, so don't come onto threads of 1/5 statues and hate on them....

Examples...

From the Dardevil Comiquette Thread:
1/4 or fail :lecture

From the Colossus Comiquette Thread:

From the Storm Comiquette Thread:
jim lee and 1/4 or fail!

From the Iceman Comiquette Thread:
not me lol

From the Angel Comiquette Thread:
1:4 scale or fail

I do tire of the 1/4 scale or fail mentality on these threads. Seems like the school yard bully attitude or the local click that degrades everyone who is different. I have seen alot of 1/4 scale fail from SS. Size is far from the only thing that matters. Collect what you like, Collect what looks good.

I have no issue with what you said Nova. As I said before 90% of my SSC collection is 1/5 because I only like fully sculpted pieces. It is something I live with. However, there is no 1/5 piece own that I don't wish were 1/4.

I also collect the X-MEN comiquette line up. Didn't pick up the PFs because of my aversion to cloth. Also, please note my name isn't in any of the 1/4 scale or fail quotes because I collect coms. As we all know, most of those are 1/5. That doesn't mean I don't wish they were all 1/4.

SSC has a chance to start this line off with a bang. We already know that ALL of the PFs will be released as 1/4 scale. This alone forces me to hope they do the same with ALL of the comiquettes. This would allow us to mix and match and even buy 2 of the same character we like, and have them look equal in size and scope.

I have already given up 1/4 scale battle on the marvel line up. I will buy any piece I like, regardless of scale, because if I want a fully sculpted piece of a marvel character I like I have no other choice. Every marvel PF is certain to be 1/4 scale. Every comiquette is not. I'm hoping not to be in the same pickle with the DC line.

Yes it was annoying when Hobgoblin was a different scale from Spiderman comiquette/PF, but BiB Spiderman is also close to 1/4 scale. I would love a 1/4 scale Hobgoblin comiquette to go along with Spidey comiquette.

Would you like more 1/4 scale comiquettes as well to go with Spidey/Carnage/Surfer?

Don't you collect the X-men PFs?

I had the Back in Black spider-man 1/5 Comiquette statue way before the 1/4 Spider-man and carnage came out and can't display them next to one another because of the size difference, i was annoyed too when Hobgoblin was announced as 1/5 as it wouldn't fit with spidey and carnage, but it does fits with BIB spider-man as that was 1/5 first before classic spidey , venom and carnage.

I want to carry on my 1/5 X-men comiquette line as much as you want to carry on your 1/4 X-men PF line.

Last edited:
I have no issue with what you said Nova. As I said before 90% of my SSC collection is 1/5 because I only like fully sculpted pieces. It is something I live with. However, there is no 1/5 piece own that I don't wish were 1/4.

I also collect the X-MEN comiquette line up. Didn't pick up the PFs because of my aversion to cloth. Also, please note my name isn't in any of the 1/4 scale or fail quotes because I collect coms. As we all know, most of those are 1/5. That doesn't mean I don't wish they were all 1/4.

SSC has a chance to start this line off with a bang. We already know that ALL of the PFs will be released as 1/4 scale. This alone forces me to hope they do the same with ALL of the comiquettes. This would allow us to mix and match and even buy 2 of the same character we like, and have them look equal in size and scope.

I have already given up 1/4 scale battle on the marvel line up. I will buy any piece I like, regardless of scale, because if I want a fully sculpted piece of a marvel character I like I have no other choice. Every marvel PF is certain to be 1/4 scale. Every comiquette is not. I'm hoping not to be in the same pickle with the DC line.

it's cool :wave i get what your saying, I too buy characters i love the look of regardless of scale, i've got 5 1/4 pieces and 6 1/5 pieces, i think Punisher is 1/4 but i :dunno exactly.

I would like total matching size, but i generally lean towards 1/5 cos it's what i like and space concerns, and i get annoyingly worked up when everyone slams 1/5.

Yes it was annoying when Hobgoblin was a different scale from Spiderman comiquette/PF, but BiB Spiderman is also close to 1/4 scale. I would love a 1/4 scale Hobgoblin comiquette to go along with Spidey comiquette.

Would you like more 1/4 scale comiquettes as well to go with Spidey/Carnage/Surfer?

Don't you collect the X-men PFs?

I'm not against 1/4 i just lean toward 1/5 more because the 1/5 characters and esigns speak to me more so i guess, i didn't get Hobgoblin and wouldn't of do so at 1/4 either, it just didnt do it for me.

I've got the highly loathed Emma Frost PF, (which i like) but thats it ATM.

but that and the Cyborg darth Maul are the only PF's i've got i mainly go for comiquettes.

I concede that with what you guys have stated, that 1/4 is the standard sale for PF's.

I do have Silver Surfer, Spidey, Carnage and some others in 1/4, i missed out on Venom.

I started collecting statues like two years ago and have collected more 1/5 statues as they were the ones that looked the best to me and were available at the time.

I am just getting sick of the same freaks constantly going onto threads of 1/5 pieces like Colossus, Beast, X-23, Nightcrawler, daredevil etc... and saying 1/4 or fail.

I like the 1/5 line and there are others too, so it has it's place and it's fans.

if you don't like it that's fine, but i don't go onto threads like the Cyclops PF and say 1/5 or fail, so don't come onto threads of 1/5 statues and hate on them....

1/4 scale or fail :lecture

:rotfl

Back