DC Collectibles New 52 Harley,Catwoman and Poison Ivy (page 3 )Cover girls statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles New 52 Harley and Catwoman Cover girls statues

I really don't like the new takes on Harley. The BTAS will always be the only one I'm interested in. She keeps losing more and more clothes. Her appeal was always her character, to me, not how much ink, plastic, resin etc. boobz n arse are showing.

I really don't like the new takes on Harley. The BTAS will always be the only one I'm interested in. She keeps losing more and more clothes. Her appeal was always her character, to me, not how much ink, plastic, resin etc. boobz n arse are showing.

Personality wise she gets worse and worse too. Outside of The Animated Series she's a pretty terrible character in my opinion. Psychotic serial killer that dresses like a prostitute and has little remorse for her actions. In TAS she had a lot of appeal to her and her voice really makes the character, but as with Arkham City she doesn't even have that voice anymore.

saw harley at the store yesterday and thought she was nice, but I'm already in enough debt, and I got pre-orders coming early next year. so I'm thinking of grabbiing her on boxing day. does anyone think she will still be available at that time or should I just grab her right asap?

Honestly man she could go either way. Over all she turned out very nice and as in hand pics come in she might sell out.

Or she might stick around because she is the "prostitute Nu52 version" and a lot people do not like that look so she'll peg warm forever.

Your call.

Your welcome be sure to check that the blades on the knives she is holding behind her back are not bent or broken. i had a couple in that were.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to check on the knives when she comes in.

Personality wise she gets worse and worse too. Outside of The Animated Series she's a pretty terrible character in my opinion. Psychotic serial killer that dresses like a prostitute and has little remorse for her actions. In TAS she had a lot of appeal to her and her voice really makes the character, but as with Arkham City she doesn't even have that voice anymore.

I agree with you on the new design changes for Harley. I actually dislike her new 52 look and personality (I stopped reading Suicide Squad b/c of this). I'm okay with AA, AC and revenge Harley though. TAS Harley is still the best look IMO. That's why most of my Harley collection is from TAS.

Although, I may not like the changes DC is making to her character, I'll still buy at least one good quality statue of that particular design. I kinda feel that I have to own all the variants (whether I like them or not) being an avid HQ fan that I am. Lol. Yeah, my GF think I'm crazy too.

Oh and you're 100% correct about Harley's original voice. Arleen Sorkin made Harley, Harley. HQ isn't the same with the new voice actress in AC IMO. She sucks.

Yeah. She's supposed to be annoying, but I always found Harley's old voice very likable and even a bit charming. In AC though she's just really annoying.

Re: DC Collectibles New 52 Harley,Catwoman and Poison Ivy Cover girls statues

Just had DC New 52 Poison Ivy in the shop today and here are a few pics for you guys.

Darth269.jpg

Darth272.jpg

Darth275.jpg

The DC New 52 Gotham City Sirens
Darth273.jpg

Being an Ivy collector. I hate the new version. I'll get what is put out, but will put in the back of the cabinet.

I really like her new look, but something seems off about her face on that statue.

Got my Harley statue the other day. Nothing broken, nice paint. Flesh color skin. Would've preferred white/pale skin tone but looks good nonetheless.

Don't really like the new design but, had to get her anyways. I'm happy with my purchase. ;)

Now bring on AC Harley! :rock:

It's hard looking at that Ivy statue when SSC is in the process of making a vastly superior and frankly more attractive version of her.

Re: DC Collectibles New 52 Harley,Catwoman and Poison Ivy Cover girls statues

Just had DC New 52 Poison Ivy in the shop today and here are a few pics for you guys.

Darth269.jpg

Darth272.jpg

Darth275.jpg

The DC New 52 Gotham City Sirens
Darth273.jpg

The problem here is the paint, which is very flat - one dimensional. With a bit of paint sprucing up to give her detail some depth, she would be acceptable. Her makeup is especially bad.

Would have preferred her to lose the cheerleader smile, too. Ivy has never struck me as an especially smiley type.

Its what they have done to her eyes, that make the face so different.

Tha shape of the face, the costume........ it's just a plain black (and a dull one on top of that).
This piece has not a single redeeming quality

It's the curse of the Green! Lantern, Ivy, Vision... :p

I gotta say that the Harley Quinn really turned out nice. looks great in person, clean lines, love the pose, aside from the base feeling a bit plasticky it's a great addition to any Harley collection.

I gotta say that the Harley Quinn really turned out nice. looks great in person, clean lines, love the pose, aside from the base feeling a bit plasticky it's a great addition to any Harley collection.

Well said and I would have to agree with that.

I was shocked when I found out the price for these at my local comic book shop. They are so small yet SO expensive.

Back