David Benioff and D.B. Weiss (Game of Thrones) writing & producing new Star Wars film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss (Game of Thrones) writing & producing new Star Wars

I love the traffic any Star Wars thread gets around here.

Blame Clown and Mrs. Doubtfire. :lol

If I were a mod anyone who posted Grace would earn themselves a nice week off.

Re: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss (Game of Thrones) writing & producing new Star Wars

Great news!!!

Hopefully...

More Star Wars. The more trilogies, the better. More, Disney - MORE.

tumblr_m5d3txu9q51rvs1mmo1_500.gif

Re: Benioff and Weiss (GoT) writing and producing new Star Wars films

Agreed.
The decline in writing was quite noticeable.
While I don't think they are crap writers, I don't think they're that great by themselves. It seems they need a good basis to work from.

Yes none of the GoT alumni seem to be good thus far outside of GoT. Whether that’s the actors (Emilia, Kit, Sophie) or even the directors (Alan Taylor directing celebrated episodes but turning out turds like Thor The Dark World and Terminator Genysis). I think the writers will be the same; as you pointed the decline has been very noticeable since they don’t have Martins stuff to draw from. I think the execs fail to see how can much of what’s good in the series comes from the man himself, and hand out merit based on the series popularity alone. Also being someone who read the books as well, the series doesn’t hold a candle to them. I just wish he’d hurry up.

As for the news it’s not surprising. Some websites are also mentioning now that in addition to these movies, there will be *multiple* SW shows on Disney’s streaming service. Star Wars overload has not yet even begun.

That's not their fault really, Martin is dicking around finishing the last two books

:exactly:

he got his 15 min of super Fame in 2016 decided to go to all the parties be with all the it people and do all the shows and ended up with GOT writers block.

Never watched GOT. But me likey more of the star war

How about we see the movie before we judge them :)

How about we see the movie before we judge them :)
Then what's the point of these threads?
Endless hype train of timewasting worthlessness?

A lot of people in this section seem to not like anything. :monkey3

Seriously, with some notable exceptions, this is the most negative group of people I have ever come across.

Personally, I find this news very exciting.

Not really a GoT fan, but...

I applaud the idea that the saga needs to have some fresh blood to move it forward and keep it vital. Let's see what they've got...

Cool! GOT is great. Looking forward to what they’ll do in the SW universe.

Will be on blu before GoT books are done.

Then what's the point of these threads?
Endless hype train of timewasting worthlessness?

You have a sig from a brand you hate and a thread devoted to things you don't care about. :lol

old Stah Wahs.
There's no such thing tho. :lol
There's good Star Wars and then there's Disney Star Wars.
But maybe some time in the future they'll break this trend.
Heck, maybe these two reality sitcom writers will make it good again...

9f4000cb02fc93a74f8f2bc840928cca7e251d4f_hq.gif

Back