Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok this is pissing me off. Broken stands, bent plastic and cheap coverups. I'm already planning for the worst. I'll have to just relax and get things fixed.

Ditto. At this point I'll consider myself lucky to receive one with no issues.

Just saw the wife sign for him on my video doorbell. She texted me 'you have a big package'. I blushed. :impatient:

Can't get my belt to light up... any suggestions? Yes I put the batteries in it, tried them both ways as well. :(

Ditto. At this point I'll consider myself lucky to receive one with no issues.

Mine arrives in a few hours. I haven't ever received a piece that's damaged but I feel for you guys who are getting less than premium quality. I would have a hard time sending a polite email to SSC if mine arrives disheveled. I think at this price, we should be getting a higher QC service. Seeing things like makes me wonder what the point of buying from them is. I collect what they sell because it brings happiness to my life. Not so I can have additional stress. I hope SSC sees what they're letting happen.

Is the lightsaber supposed to flicker on and off? Half of mine turns off then makes a sound when fully lit for a couple of seconds then turns off and turns on.

Ok so I made s final plan for my shelf to change the subject from horror lol at least if the fix all our issue I'll be happy.

This is the back lights the sides and the ceiling and the front pieces. Not measured but that's simple because I already have that done but not boring you further with silly measurements. Ceiling will be the easiest and with no real scale I think it wil look fine. Not trying to get all diorama scaled.ill get white stickers for the front door area. I'm not skilled enough to be cutting those out.
image.jpg

Can't get my belt to light up... any suggestions? Yes I put the batteries in it, tried them both ways as well. :(

Don't over tighten the screw on the battery pack, I found that on mine if loosened then it worked fine.

Yeah... That looks like he got a damaged head. I don;t see that hole in other pics.

Thanks for pointing this out as I haven't really noticed it before. Will have to double check later.

Mine arrives in a few hours. I haven't ever received a piece that's damaged but I feel for you guys who are getting less than premium quality. I would have a hard time sending a polite email to SSC if mine arrives disheveled. I think at this price, we should be getting a higher QC service. Seeing things like makes me wonder what the point of buying from them is. I collect what they sell because it brings happiness to my life. Not so I can have additional stress. I hope SSC sees what they're letting happen.

Of all the things I've received from SS over the years, I've only received one other item broken (3P0 6th scale arm piston). & they sent a replacement, no questions asked. So, although my lightsaber came busted, I'm not worried. I know they'll take care of it. It sucks, but don't stress.

Is the lightsaber supposed to flicker on and off? Half of mine turns off then makes a sound when fully lit for a couple of seconds then turns off and turns on.

Sounds like a defect as mine does not do that. Mine stays lit and does not make sounds.

Is the connection inserted all the way? My light saber inserts loosely but stays in place. Perhaps that was done by design as it will fall out vs. break if accidently bumped.

Sounds like a defect as mine does not do that. Mine stays lit and does not make sounds.

Is the connection inserted all the way? My light saber inserts loosely but stays in place. Perhaps that was done by design as it will fall out vs. break if accidently bumped.

It's inserted fine. I don't know if it's the lightsaber or the wires running through the body that's the problem.

Id also recommend being careful planting him into his foot holds on the base. I scuffed the floor up a teensy bit doing that.

You'd think these went through some sort of QC process...Here I go holding my breath again. :(

Ok so I opened my Vader and put it all together.

I found absolutely nothing wrong with it. I will check again later but I inspected it all around from the base to his helmet and could not find anything bad or not working. Saber looks fantastic in person compared to the pic. If you see anything in my pix post it. I also am not sure I can do the side panels unless I just make them frameless as even with my huge PAX he's close to the sides.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ok so I opened my Vader and put it all together.

I found absolutely nothing wrong with it. I will check again later but I inspected it all around from the base to his helmet and could not find anything bad or not working. Saber looks fantastic in person compared to the pic. If you see anything in my pix post it. I also am not sure I can do the side panels unless I just make them frameless as even with my huge PAX he's close to the sides.View attachment 283245View attachment 283246View attachment 283247View attachment 283248

Looks awesome! Congrats!

Back