Premium Format Darth Vader Rogue One Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the IS...I wound up selling it because I couldn’t get past the helmet sculpt, though whole concept was cool and the body reminds me of the attakus.

The pose was pretty much lifted from the artfx, but that was a smart move especially including optional arms

But the new premium format is pretty damn accurate in terms of sculpt of the hard parts. It’s so much more improved than the previous premium formats, I actually thought it was a New IS, since all the Hoth statue really needed was a more accurate helmet and better proportioned chest plate buttons, but I really don’t mind the buttons.

I might pick this SS premium format up especially since I skipped the last and have the first, least accurate premium format.

I may keep it for comparison ...evolution of sideshows ability to render a great Vader
This Rogue one impressed me quite a bit.

Since we are getting superbly accurate sculpts via hot toys it’s important to nail the helmet and the IS jus fell short of it. Would’ve kept it, but it had already doubled in value and I couldn’t bring myself to open it and spoil it. I had to convince myself I had run out of shelf space...well actually I did too...

I get what you're saying with the 100% accuracy of the IS helmet, but, unless you're right up close (and as a whole) it kicks the living hell out of any Vader that's ever been produced - regardless of scale.

I can't tell you how many times people have seen my laptop wallpaper photo (below) and said something like "Holy ****! Which movie is that from?!" ...and the shot isn't altered in any way - straight out of the camera. I've photographed a ton of collectibles over the years and nothing comes up like the IS Vader.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying with the 100% accuracy of the IS helmet, but, unless you're right up close (and as a whole) it kicks the living hell out of any Vader that's ever been produced - regardless of scale.

I can't tell you how many times people have seen my laptop wallpaper photo (below) and said something like "Holy ****! Which movie is that from?!" ...and the shot isn't altered in any way - straight out of the camera. I've photographed a ton of collectibles over the years and nothing comes up like the IS Vader.

That is a great shot of it Mandible !!!!! Love it !

giphy.gif

can't wait to see this one rot in their warehouse like their ROTJ Vader

Why would you make 7500 ??

You’re definitely in the toy business doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the big deal with 7500? That's a pretty small number considering there are billions of potential collectors on the planet.

What's the big deal with 7500? That's a pretty small number considering there are billions of potential collectors on the planet.

Collecting is still a fairly niche hobby, though.

Look at the Spider-Man and original Wonder Woman PFs... They have a total ES of nearly 9000 each and they've been in stock for years.

If everybody had the same thing, it wouldn't be very collectible. This hobby has always had that angle to it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't really care about the ES number. But 7500 is none the less a huge number in that regard.

7,500 in a market full of Vader quarter scales, & at this price, is a tuff sell. You can still get their last Vader Premium Format brand new at SS! & then with the home run that Iron Studios did with theirs, it's an even tuffer sell again. Add on top of that the way Rian Johnsons The Last Jedi has almost murdered this whole franchise... you see where I'm getting at.

7,500 in a market full of Vader quarter scales, & at this price, is a tuff sell. You can still get their last Vader Premium Format brand new at SS! & then with the home run that Iron Studios did with theirs, it's an even tuffer sell again. Add on top of that the way Rian Johnsons The Last Jedi has almost murdered this whole franchise... you see where I'm getting at.

:goodpost: I don't care about edition sizes, but when you can still see a limited edition collectible available in stock for years, then there is something to think about.

Well, I was hoping this was going to look better than it is and with the price they have it at, I will be waiting for a better statue. I really wished I had grabbed the IS statue even more now.

Back