Darth Vader Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the debacle that has gone on with the new LSF Iron Man Mark VII it's going to be a miracle if Sideshow gets this one right.

What happened with Iron Man?
"Wrong" color (movie accurate but not at all like the prototype), a lot of defects (paint, lights, weak magnets, etc.). A lot of returns/exchange.

The main reason why the IM is such bad welcomed is the $2k price tag on it. For such a big amount spent, you expect PERFECTION and seems like SS cannot achieve that... Even for such an insane amount... :(

Yeah, SS LSF line is kinda pathetic. I hope Darth Vader is great, but I don't expect it :( Go with imaginarium art for IM stuff... Their heartbreaker is amazing.

I won't be too devastated if it turns out badly, it will just save me 3k lol

For such an iconic character, they need to get this one right. Not holding my breath though.

If it was up to me, I'd have ESB version. He would have hands rested on or near his belt. Belt and chest plate would light up **cough premium format ROTJ cough. Possibly would have a switch out hand with lightsaber. Base would be carbonite chamber floor, and yes it would light up.

I'm ready for this guy, hopefully SS will do the LSF right. I passed on the less than stellar PF.

When's an update coming? Lol

Shouldn't be too long at all, he was meant to be revealed at Comic con but was delayed last minute. I agree about the PF, but at a minimum of 2K and presumably also having no ES, this won't be a viable alternative for many however cool it might turn out.

Shouldn't be too long at all, he was meant to be revealed at Comic con but was delayed last minute. I agree about the PF, but at a minimum of 2K and presumably also having no ES, this won't be a viable alternative for many however cool it might turn out.

Yeah, that's true. This will cost a lot more and still have no ES. But I'm hoping the pose and presence is really good to where this will be the only Vader I will have in my collection. I'll never buy a life size, so a 1:2 will be good enough for me.

It will certainly be one of only very few LSF's I will consider (especially if it gets an ES like Obi) I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Well if it's true 1:2 scale he'll be taller than Obi and Maul, but who knows. I'd assume it'd be taller though because even though the scales and heights of LSF make no sense I assume they'd at least keep stuff from the same property the same scale.

Who knows though, it is SS and the LSF line is pretty much their prize line in massively overpriced cockups.

A couple years ago I would have been over the moon with excitement about this piece, but after seeing how Sideshow botched the Iron Man Mark VII LSF and the train wreck that is their 1:1 Boba Fett I have no hope that they will get the Vader LSF right. :(

I'll believe it when I see i up for pre-order.
No way Sideshow risk orders on the 1/4 PF by showing pics of a Legendary Scale version.

I doubt we will see anymore on the a Vader LS until late 2016.

A couple years ago I would have been over the moon with excitement about this piece, but after seeing how Sideshow botched the Iron Man Mark VII LSF and the train wreck that is their 1:1 Boba Fett I have no hope that they will get the Vader LSF right. :(

Or the pricing logic behind their recent 1:1 Yoda. :thud:

I'll believe it when I see i up for pre-order.
No way Sideshow risk orders on the 1/4 PF by showing pics of a Legendary Scale version.

I doubt we will see anymore on the a Vader LS until late 2016.
Sideshow did this with the announcement of Darth Malgus. They pretty much just put all three of their pieces out on the table simultaneously: the 1/4 PF, 1/6 figure, and 1:1statue.

Back