Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you guys are silly :lol It seems that just because you're not familiar with the character you automatically think she's only selling because she's sexy.

I'm sure that fact doesn't hurt her popularity, but the fact is that there are actually a lot of EU fans, and not very much product out there in the way of collectibles. It's no wonder to me that the first higher end collectible from Legacy is this hot. The Hasbro Legacy figures are hot too, and I'm sure it's not becuase they're sexy.

As a big fan of Legacy, and all the Sith characters in it - I had to have her in my collection. Bring on Krayt and Nihl next please!

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

I am merely making my point. Sex appeal sells and in this case has driven up the aftermarket price to almost 4X the original price. It's a character not many will have heard of and a pose that's more suggestive than the local hooker.
And yes I do see an underage girl in the sculpt.

I understand some may have bought the piece because they like the character but the main selling point of this statue is the sex appeal

I don't doubt sex appeal is apart of it, but that's not the only reason she's tripled in price. She looks super cool. If they make Oola premium format, I'm not getting it, and she's got quite a bit more of a revealing outfit. Just a sexy statue of a character isn't enough for me to purchase hundreds of dollars on. I'm also not getting Aayla Secura, just because I'm not a fan of almost any Jedi statue (I do have the Lifesize Yoda bust, but that's it!). I just like my Darth Maul display, and she fits in perfectly. It's kind of sad to just look at this statue as just a sex symbol. She's an amazing piece of art, her character is unique since she never appears in the movies, so it's not something an average person expects to see in a Star Wars collection either.

I can't help you with your hooker and school girl comparisons, that sounds like personal issues to me :dunno

It's all the male SW geeks going "man, Darth Maul is sexy, if only he were a chick!"

...wait a minute....

I don't doubt sex appeal is apart of it, but that's not the only reason she's tripled in price. She looks super cool. If they make Oola premium format, I'm not getting it, and she's got quite a bit more of a revealing outfit. Just a sexy statue of a character isn't enough for me to purchase hundreds of dollars on. I'm also not getting Aayla Secura, just because I'm not a fan of almost any Jedi statue (I do have the Lifesize Yoda bust, but that's it!). I just like my Darth Maul display, and she fits in perfectly. It's kind of sad to just look at this statue as just a sex symbol. She's an amazing piece of art, her character is unique since she never appears in the movies, so it's not something an average person expects to see in a Star Wars collection either.

I can't help you with your hooker and school girl comparisons, that sounds like personal issues to me :dunno

Look, heres how I see it; I look at the Lara Croft PF and I think to myself: "Whoa, look at the chest on her". You see, I would only buy that statue for sex appeal.
When I look at Darth Talon I go: "Whoa, look at the backside on her". You see, I would only buy this statue for sex appeal (despite the schoolgirl likeness:lol)

And then I look at the Babydoll PF and I go: "Sweeeeet, I love Sucker Punch. Sooo ordered". You see, I am a big fan of Sucker Punch and it''s director, and instead of seeing the girls as objects of sex appeal, I envision them as kick ass warriors who made the film so great.

So what I'm trying to say is if you love the character, or the source material, you are more than likely going to look past the obvious sex appeal and see one of your favourite characters or actors ect. But, if your unfamiliar with the character and source material, Its very likely you will only see a fan-boys sexual fantasy.

I rest my case and leave this thread.:wave

Look, heres how I see it; I look at the Lara Croft PF and I think to myself: "Whoa, look at the chest on her". You see, I would only buy that statue for sex appeal.
When I look at Darth Talon I go: "Whoa, look at the backside on her". You see, I would only buy this statue for sex appeal (despite the schoolgirl likeness:lol)

And then I look at the Babydoll PF and I go: "Sweeeeet, I love Sucker Punch. Sooo ordered". You see, I am a big fan of Sucker Punch and it''s director, and instead of seeing the girls as objects of sex appeal, I envision them as kick ass warriors who made the film so great.

So what I'm trying to say is if you love the character, or the source material, you are more than likely going to look past the obvious sex appeal and see one of your favourite characters or actors ect. But, if your unfamiliar with the character and source material, Its very likely you will only see a fan-boys sexual fantasy.

I rest my case and leave this thread.:wave

Anyone who spends $300+ on something purely for sex appeal is a horny idiot :lecture :rotfl

Anyone who spends $300+ on something purely for sex appeal is a horny idiot :lecture :rotfl

even if it's a girl like me? :rotfl
I absolutely love this statue and I don't really know the character
she's just awesome, terribly sexy and nicely made
so glad we got the excl for around retail last year :yess:

Wow so I just did a search on e-bay. None EX has been selling between $650 and 850$. EX one has sold at $1200.
Assuming that these are all legit bids people are really paying $400 for an extra cloak???
If I can score one I am going to have my wife or someone else make one. That's insane.

Why is this going for so much? :dunno
Its not like its really that old for it to be rare. The edition size isnt even very low. 650 is pretty mediocre. :cuckoo:

Wow so I just did a search on e-bay. None EX has been selling between $650 and 850$. EX one has sold at $1200.
Assuming that these are all legit bids people are really paying $400 for an extra cloak???
If I can score one I am going to have my wife or someone else make one. That's insane.

There are also some EXs that went from $750-$900. Maybe 3 for around $900 and a couple for $850. Those were on page 2 of advanced search completed listings, as well as page 3.

So glad I got this piece. Iv been reading legacy comics since it started. And I was just amazed with some of the sith characters in it. I do hope they make more from that comic series.

Yeah I saw that Regular 569/1500 was sold, relisted, sold and now has a new seller asking 1200. Double what was paid. Man the wife is going to kill me.

I hope I can stumble upon one of these for less than $700. For those that have her LUCKY!

Back