Darth Maul Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those pics just make me think of "what could have been". such a shame to have him covered up.

It's always a shame when such a beautiful statue is released without being taken to the next level and being 100% of what it could have been, because you know it will take a very long time to get something similar again, whether it's from Sideshow or another company. High end Darth Maul statues of this quality aren't exactly common.
That's why I wish it had everything. The tats if the customer wants to display him like that, the cloak with the hood, and the light up feature. It's still amazing though, definitely pre-ordering but... yeah, could have been so much more.

I would definitely PO if his torso and arms were painted and the tattoos were sculpted, even if he never appeared like that in the movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They often get stuff sculpted with more detail and when the mm covers it up they soften it up. If it's going to be covered why waste the money on the extra detail....

That's funny because the Mythos Maul is my favorite of the bunch. I was going to order the PF when it was initially previewed with the tattoos showing, but this one looks a little too similar to the first PF.

I'm not into EU or Mythos, it's not official which is why I only collect canon. It's a great statue, just not what I collect.

the weight doesn't matter much to me.. I dont see how price = weight. to me the price = on details, how complex the sculpt and mixed media is and paint application. Still this piece is overpriced

That's it, trigger pulled after some talk with Sideshow regarding an old NRD. Not a big fan of the EX but I know I will end up purchasing this statue when it's released no matter what, so I might as well avoid regrets and get the EX while I can.

I want to order, but I want to wait to try and do the trick to get 10% off, and I'm also slightly worried that he won't fit into my billy cabinet. He'll have to be displayed with either one of the saber poles in the saber, or neither, to fit, which kind of sucks... but he looks so good that I don't want to pass up on him.

I want to order, but I want to wait to try and do the trick to get 10% off, and I'm also slightly worried that he won't fit into my billy cabinet. He'll have to be displayed with either one of the saber poles in the saber, or neither, to fit, which kind of sucks... but he looks so good that I don't want to pass up on him.

Yes I wanted to do it as well but they had agreed to let me use an old $90 NRD on a new order so I went for it. Not sure how long you will have to wait, I guess it's probably around 2 months until you can get the 10% code for a new piece?

Size isn't a concern in this particular case, simply because I can't let that stop me from getting what's in my eyes the best Darth Maul statue in years. And tbh I am not a big fan of saber blades that don't light up, they look kinda weird/cheap imo, so since this isn't an action pose I think it's fine to display him with the saber by itself.

10% code is a one time per account use(forever). They changed it recently due to "abuse" which sounds like BS to me.

yeah, it's one and done as far as the 10% off code goes.

just wait for a deal from an AD on the regular after it is released. I have already seen fett for 20% off on multiple occasions.

whats up with this 10% discount thing ? I dont remember ever used it? how you get it ?

I think you have to add the item in your cart and leave it there, at some point refresh page and remove cookies I think and a pop-up should appear or something

whats up with this 10% discount thing ? I dont remember ever used it? how you get it ?

clear your cookies/web browser.
go to SS site and "click" to pre-order your item...do not do move from that screen afterwards. wait 5 minutes and a pop up code for 5% or 10% will pop up. If nothing happens move your cursor towards the "x" on the top right of the screen...that should do the trick. If not, you have to start all over.

It only works for items with a posted edition size (and even then not all of them).

The 10% used to show up quite frequently before me and a few others spilled the beans : )

Now you are more likely to get 5%. You can also only use it one time.

SO you guys mean to have it in your shopping cart (while being logged in) right ?
seams not to work on Maul.. also.. edition size is not set yet either... so I might try another time.. thanks !

clear your cookies/web browser.
go to SS site and "click" to pre-order your item...do not do move from that screen afterwards. wait 5 minutes and a pop up code for 5% or 10% will pop up. If nothing happens move your cursor towards the "x" on the top right of the screen...that should do the trick. If not, you have to start all over.

It only works for items with a posted edition size (and even then not all of them).

The 10% used to show up quite frequently before me and a few others spilled the beans : )

Now you are more likely to get 5%. You can also only use it one time.

Never knew about this...

Back