Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I got my corrected arm today, looks great with the helmet, I'll be changing the poses up every once in a while. Can't believe this sold out as quick as it did.

Has anyone got a conversion from the waitlist yet? I was going to buy one of these from a store in Australia next week but they just sold out. So I went to the Sideshow site and realised it was on waitlist. I jumped on, but I'm wondering how likely it is to convert?

Has anyone got a conversion from the waitlist yet? I was going to buy one of these from a store in Australia next week but they just sold out. So I went to the Sideshow site and realised it was on waitlist. I jumped on, but I'm wondering how likely it is to convert?

It's never a bad idea to hop on the waitlist. While I do believe it is sold out, I won't be surprised if SS finds a few in the warehouse and fills a handful of waitlist orders. Patience is the key.

I spoke with Jennifer at Sideshow yesterday and asked her if it was indeed sold out or if they were just waiting on another batch. She said it is definitely "sold out" they will not be getting anymore. I then asked if she was supposed to say that to peak interest, and she said "nope he is gone". I have dealt with Jennifer at SSC for many years and she has been right everytime I have asked her a question about a product.

Take it for what you will ;)

i find it funny that when you ask the CS reps about anything else, such as if they are even getting Midas, or details about an item they NEVER have an answer. this she has a direct answer for though. there is no way under gods hot sun this is sold out. 5000 and 2500 or whatever it is Boba Fett isnt sold out? no. no. no. i just dont buy it. if im wrong, im ok with admitting that, but i just dont see how 5000 vaders painted like Jeff Gordons nascar have sold out.

i find it funny that when you ask the CS reps about anything else, such as if they are even getting Midas, or details about an item they NEVER have an answer. this she has a direct answer for though. there is no way under gods hot sun this is sold out. 5000 and 2500 or whatever it is Boba Fett isnt sold out? no. no. no. i just dont buy it. if im wrong, im ok with admitting that, but i just dont see how 5000 vaders painted like Jeff Gordons nascar have sold out.

But Fett did sell out.

Yeah I hope I am wrong for the peoples sake who didn't get one. But... I actually know people who work for Sideshow(Jennifer included) and what she told me jives with what a few other people there have said too. Vader is a extremely popular character, we know that as fans, but I think we underestimate his appeal to non SW fans. So it doesn't surprise me if it is true like she said, having known these people as friends for many years and them knowing my passion for Star Wars they have no reason to lie to me.

But Fett did sell out.

i didnt know that. last time i looked he was around.

i went to order vader in what based on my research was about an hour after he went to waitlist. i kept putting it off because i thought he would be in stock for a year. i seriously thought that.

if this thing is gone, ill be amazed. well, not amazed, but surprised. especially since i had one and sent it back. i hated the orange. i decided i could over look it, and i waited to long....sigh....

i didnt know that. last time i looked he was around.

i went to order vader in what based on my research was about an hour after he went to waitlist. i kept putting it off because i thought he would be in stock for a year. i seriously thought that.

if this thing is gone, ill be amazed. well, not amazed, but surprised. especially since i had one and sent it back. i hated the orange. i decided i could over look it, and i waited to long....sigh....

Well dude I hope your wait list converts. I think you have a good chance if you got on the same day it went to waitlist.

Well I jumped on the wait list. I own the other four Mythos statues but I was waiting on this one, thinking it would be around for several months with that edition size. I still find it hard to believe they sold through all 5,000 already so I guess I'll just wait and see how this plays out.

wow 5000ES & already sold out! I wont be surprised if they just cut the production instead of making them all, is that possible? funny that all the Mythos statues that now sold out are the ones we were complaining about it's price & ES, while Maul the first one with introductory price is still available.

wow 5000ES & already sold out! I wont be surprised if they just cut the production instead of making them all, is that possible? funny that all the Mythos statues that now sold out are the ones we were complaining about it's price & ES, while Maul the first one with introductory price is still available.

Maul is also the only character exclusive to the prequel trilogy out of the five statues, that could be why he sold less than the others.

Maul is also a lot more "boring" than the rest of them. Not in terms of the character but the statue itself is not even close to the others in terms of wow factor.

Maul is also a lot more "boring" than the rest of them. Not in terms of the character but the statue itself is not even close to the others in terms of wow factor.

Agreed. From a Prequel standpoint, he is very popular. The statue is very nice, but when you put it next to Vader and/or Kenobi, it just doesn't shine nearly as much in terms of creativity or backstory.

Yeah, as far as "shirtless" Mauls go the Kotobukiya piece is much more dynamic. Sideshow's concept for the character was a bit odd choosing a pose that included an alternate hand holding a stick. I also questioned the decision to start the line off with Maul since the character has been done to death by all companies over the last few years. It's definitely a great sculpt but the red paint on him is way too dark too.

Surprised Maul is still available, being he's so cheap. Price alone makes him a easy buy to complete the set.

I'm a little surprised it went waitlist this early as well but considering it's one of my favourite pieces in ages and one of the more iconic film characters, it could just be selling super well.

Back