Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straight from the SS order page:

"Sideshow Collectibles is proud to announce the Darth Maul Mythos Statue. Inspired by the Star Wars Tale 'Nameless', the powerful Sith is envisioned in a strong, almost meditative pose; incorporating design elements reminiscent of a Ronin warrior. Crafted in 1:5 scale with Sideshow's trademark attention to detail, the Darth Maul Mythos statue stands over 18 inches tall; a distinctive addition to any collection."

Are you guys sure?
I could have sworn SS said 1/5th :(
Obviously you're new to Sideshow.. They often lie about the scale of their products. For example, the recent Alien/Predator maquettes were all listed as 1/5, but they came out at a bit smaller than 1/6.
The Dog Alien maquette from several years back was listed as 1/4 scale, when it is infact much closer to 1/3.

...then there's the whole Wolf Predator LSF fiasco

But yeah, if you look at the scale representation, it really looks like it's about 12 inches without the base. But it's Sideshow so you can never know for sure until you have the poorly painted product in hand.

If this line is indeed 1/6 scale, unfortunately I'll have to pass on them. Was getting really excited about this..so hopefully they are 1/5. :(

there is no exclusive. folks from the US can only buy him from SS directly. the rest of us can order from SS or locally.

The way i see the scale representation is, the bottom of his feet are below the 6" mark and the total height is 18". I'll toss 2" to the statue and say Darth is 14", based on the scale.

Sweet statue that's a comiquette, which is smaller than a PF. If it was 1/4 it would be a PF, as per Sideshows new definition of PF's.

It is what it is.

God I don't know what peoples problem is about the scale for this piece.. are you just ignorant or just to lazy to do your research !??!

Maul is without base around 14" high.. thats 35.6cm. Darth Maul is according to Wookiepedia 175cm in hight. In 1/5 scale makes it.....
"DRUMSSSSSSSS..."

35cm !!! = 14" !!

[/B]OHHHH YEAH... it can be that easy to end a stupid debate !!

Wow. Who cares how big or what scale? If you like it then buy it if you don't then don't. What a bunch of freaking picky weirdos.

This is up for pre-order. I'll wait to see how much SS is releasing and dont need to rush to get it yet.

God I don't know what peoples problem is about the scale for this piece.. are you just ignorant or just to lazy to do your research !??!

Maul is without base around 14" high.. thats 35.6cm. Darth Maul is according to Wookiepedia 175cm in hight. In 1/5 scale makes it.....
"DRUMSSSSSSSS..."

35cm !!! = 14" !!

[/B]OHHHH YEAH... it can be that easy to end a stupid debate !!
First of all, why do you have to be such an _______? Do you enjoy being an _______? Does it feel good to know that you're an _______?

Second of all, do you have the statue in hand? No, you don't.

I took a look at the scale representation yesterday. He looked about 12 inches.
I measured it a second ago, and he looks about 14 inches.

Calm the ____ down.

I highly doubt Sideshow is going to make these statues according to the actor's actual height.

Wow. Who cares how big or what scale? If you like it then buy it if you don't then don't. What a bunch of freaking picky weirdos.
You've got to be kidding me, right?
I care, and I promise you every other collector on this planet is going to want to know the size of the statue they're purchasing, moron.

The scale/size is a huge part of the statue. You're telling me you would still spend $250 on this statue if it stood 2 inches from the base?

It's incredible. It really is. Can't be concerned about anything Sideshow does, or the ignorant, douchey SS fanboys will pop up and insult you. :cuckoo:

1:5th or 1:6th I don't care really. In the end if the statue looks great and its either scale I couldn't care less.

Personally, I would have preferred 1/6 scale for display reasons. Boba holding that long ass rifle up is going to cause some problems.

First of all, why do you have to be such an _______? Do you enjoy being an _______? Does it feel good to know that you're an _______?

Second of all, do you have the statue in hand? No, you don't.

I took a look at the scale representation yesterday. He looked about 12 inches.
I measured it a second ago, and he looks about 14 inches.

Calm the ____ down.

I highly doubt Sideshow is going to make these statues according to the actor's actual height.

You've got to be kidding me, right?
I care, and I promise you every other collector on this planet is going to want to know the size of the statue they're purchasing, moron.

The scale/size is a huge part of the statue. You're telling me you would still spend $250 on this statue if it stood 2 inches from the base?

It's incredible. It really is. Can't be concerned about anything Sideshow does, or the ignorant, douchey SS fanboys will pop up and insult you. :cuckoo:

Wow you are a ____ing idiot. Way to take what I said and completely blow it out of context. Of course it matters if it is 2 inches from the base. But it clearly isn't you ____ head. But it says it is 1/5 scale and the dimensions are right there. I'm just saying to be so picky about the exact scale or dimensions is ridiculous and pretty OCD to me.

Oh and I'm glad you speak for the entire statue collecting community, ass.

Wow you are a ____ing idiot. Way to take what I said and completely blow it out of context. Of course it matters if it is 2 inches from the base. But it clearly isn't you ____ head. But it says it is 1/5 scale and the dimensions are right there. I'm just saying to be so picky about the exact scale or dimensions is ridiculous and pretty OCD to me.

Oh and I'm glad you speak for the entire statue collecting community, ass.
How am I blowing anything out of context? You flat out insulted me for being concerned about the size of the statue.

Like I've already said several times, Sideshow often has the scale wrong. So..you can't just say "Sideshow told me so".

The differences between 1/6 and 1/5 are a BIG deal to me. If you don't care about the size..that doesn't make me a "nitpicking weirdo" or whatever insult you used.
Do you see the issue here? Do you understand that insulting me (for no apparent reason) is going to make me angry?

It doesn't have to be exactly accurate to the specific scale..but it has to be close enough to where it fits with another collectible of the same scale.

Back