Premium Format Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, if you feel like selling your Darth Malgus PF, please hit me up!
Light ups in working order if possible. I can get one with the lightsaber not working for super cheap but thought I would still look around for a bit just in case.

I am not going back to SWTOR (probably have around 80 days of playtime at this point despite numerous and very long breaks :lol) but I really should have this in my collection.

Thanks!

Light ups in working order if possible. I can get one with the lightsaber not working for super cheap but thought I would still look around for a bit just in case.

I am not going back to SWTOR (probably have around 80 days of playtime at this point despite numerous and very long breaks :lol) but I really should have this in my collection.

Thanks!

KotFE was really fun :)

PS: cocorico allez les bleus!

Thanks!

You won't be disappointed. Great piece to have.

Definitely, I was crazy not to purchase it before when I had countless occasions :lol
Not to mention I knew who Malgus was since 2011 and had even read the novel, it's not like he was some random character to me.

Definitely, I was crazy not to purchase it before when I had countless occasions :lol
Not to mention I knew who Malgus was since 2011 and had even read the novel, it's not like he was some random character to me.

Yes! He has a very intriguing story. I was really hoping to see a Satele Shan, but now with the Disney ownership, that may never happen.

Yes! He has a very intriguing story. I was really hoping to see a Satele Shan, but now with the Disney ownership, that may never happen.

That would have been amazing. She's such a great and gorgeous character.
Also one of the (many) masked Sith warriors in the trailers... What an incredible representation of the Sith this would have been for any collection.

Definitely my one regret related to the Disney acquisition, a lot of awesome stuff will never see the light of day unfortunately.

Let's hope the canon universe will have its own version of the Old Republic at some point. Or they could just make it canon as it is really, I mean it's 3000 years before the movies so it would have almost no impact...

If someone has an extra lightsaber blade for their Malgus, I'll take it! Even if it doesn't work, as long as it's in perfect shape (of course if it works that's a huge bonus).

The one I got has the light up part inside broken in half and it's bothering the hell out of me :lol
Got it for a great price so can't complain, but if I can replace it that would be awesome. Thanks guys!

If someone has an extra lightsaber blade for their Malgus, I'll take it! Even if it doesn't work, as long as it's in perfect shape (of course if it works that's a huge bonus).

The one I got has the light up part inside broken in half and it's bothering the hell out of me :lol
Got it for a great price so can't complain, but if I can replace it that would be awesome. Thanks guys!
So you ended up getting that one after all. Congrats!
Sorry can't help with the lightsaber.

Thanks man!

Yeah I couldn't pass on it, the price was way less than half what these go for new on eBay at the moment (plus it was in France). For a faulty lightsaber, that's a great deal. I saw one with a faulty lightsaber sell in Germany recently for 200€ more than what I paid for mine.

It's gorgeous, and huge. Stared at the portrait for a while, simply incredible. When Sideshow get it right, they really get it right :lol

I'd be careful on this if I were you. My SS Malgus used to light up properly, but it no longer does, and it seems to be a wiring issue because it's not just the lightsaber that's affected, but all the lights on the body itself as well that appear much dimmer than they used to. Lightsaber also lights up, maybe 1/10th of what it used to? Depressing really, but it's a brilliant sculpt like you said.

Think DarthChris mentioned this before, but it's kinda annoying how a statue gets labelled as defective when the light-up functions stop working. I mean, it's a statue. Yes, the light-up functions are fancy and all, but they shouldn't have to be a deal-breaker. That's the good and bad when it comes to the issue on lights anw. If I were to sell my Malgus now, I'd have to sell it less than what I bought it for because of the light issue, and that alone really pisses me off.

It looks like it's the lightsaber part that's faulty in this case but ofc I won't know for sure as long as I can't plug one in that's not broken in half inside like mine is :lol
The other lights are working fine for now but the on/off button doesn't stay in when you remove your finger, so I will put some black tape on there if I feel like keeping the lights on at all times.

I hear you, definitely, it really sucks. That's the major risk with having light ups, it's completely out of the owner's control if the statue will remain as new or not. Especially with Sideshow it seems, I don't hear as many complaints for products from other companies.
How much did you pay for your Malgus? I saw one with a faulty lightsaber sell recently for 530€ on eBay in Germany, so that's still way more than retail.
Also it's been climbing in value quite significantly these past few months and I think it's gonna keep going, so I wouldn't be too worried as long as the statue is in great shape. Sure it won't sell for as much as one that works perfectly but it's still quite valuable. Mine was a total fluke because the seller really wasn't looking to make much money off it, I don't think he was aware of the eBay prices.

It looks like it's the lightsaber part that's faulty in this case but ofc I won't know for sure as long as I can't plug one in that's not broken in half inside like mine is :lol
The other lights are working fine for now but the on/off button doesn't stay in when you remove your finger, so I will put some black tape on there if I feel like keeping the lights on at all times.

I hear you, definitely, it really sucks. That's the major risk with having light ups, it's completely out of the owner's control if the statue will remain as new or not. Especially with Sideshow it seems, I don't hear as many complaints for products from other companies.
How much did you pay for your Malgus? I saw one with a faulty lightsaber sell recently for 530€ on eBay in Germany, so that's still way more than retail.
Also it's been climbing in value quite significantly these past few months and I think it's gonna keep going, so I wouldn't be too worried as long as the statue is in great shape. Sure it won't sell for as much as one that works perfectly but it's still quite valuable. Mine was total fluke because the seller really wasn't looking to make much money off it, I don't think he was aware of the eBay prices.

I paid $595 inclusive of shipping back in 2014, although it did come brand new so I can't fault the seller there at all.

I wouldn't say I was trying to recoup what I paid for it tbh, and that much seems impossible anyway. Just annoyed that I'd have to be bothered by such petty issues despite having paid a premium for the statue. I don't regret getting it, and I think as my first ever foray into SS back then, it was quite the piece to have.

The light-up features were impressive while they lasted, that much I'd admit. I remember turning the lights on and just staring at them in wonder for the longest time ever. The lightsaber just gives it that presence, especially with this piece. You're definitely going to enjoy it, and good on you if it turns out that way.

hello!

does any of you have a malgus pf that's kinda wobbly on its base? or someone got leaning issues?

Thanks and have a nice day! :)

Back