Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it ships in March

Ah ok. My last flex is on April. I thought maybe they might bump him up sooner. I guess I want him to ship soon so that I can have him off the books when I PO Lex. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you wait a month to order?

I ordered right when he went up. But I did the max number flex payments though. It would be nice to see a few more New Gods like Orion, Barda, Mr. Miracle or Metron, but I don't think they would very sell well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

300284_press09.jpg

Did a quick size comparison using the Measurements on Sideshow's website and the new Darkseid pics because they seem to be more straight on instead of from an upward angle like the first batch. He looks pretty good next to Superman if those measurements are correct.
SupermanDarkSeid.jpg

Did a quick size comparison using the Measurements on Sideshow's website and the new Darkseid pics because they seem to be more straight on instead of from an upward angle like the first batch. He looks pretty good next to Superman if those measurements are correct.
View attachment 237729

Looks good to me Josh. I'll be happy if he's close in size to my XM Thanos. Everyone wants Darkseid to be as big as Apoc but the XM Thanos is definitely smaller than Apoc and so long as Darkseid is in the same ball park as Thanos scale wise, I'm all good. The Apoc PF is a straight BEAST in size. Also, since he can manipulate his size, I have zero problems with Darkseid being smaller. Now, if he comes in significantly smaller than my XM Thanos, that'll be a problem for me.

The new production shots of him look great but I do wish they'd whiten up his teeth on the EX portrait. Just a whole lot of grey going on there. Otherwise, I think he looks fantastic. This is THE DC villain I've been waiting to add to my collection and I'm anxious to get him.

The problem for me is I want him to be much bigger than superman. But I still ordered the exclusive even though he is over-priced. The small edition size made me pull the trigger. I do like the sculpt and the paint is decent for the most part.

I wouldn't have a problem with his size IF the price tag reflected it properly. While this is obviously bulkier than the regular 1:4 DC PFs, it shouldn't have been 600$, especially considering that sculpt and paint apps are very simple. For this price tag he should have the current measures but on a nearly flat base, more or less like Lobo.

The problem for me is I want him to be much bigger than superman. But I still ordered the exclusive even though he is over-priced. The small edition size made me pull the trigger. I do like the sculpt and the paint is decent for the most part.
If Josh's pic is right, he is much bigger than Supes. Girth wise he looks more than double Supes size. Also, if you look at the position of their feet, Supes is standing on a higher base. Both of Darkseid's feet are lower than Supes by a few inches it and Darkseid is still a few inches taller than Supes overall even though Supes stands higher in his base. I think the scale will be fine. Agree with you on the price though. $600 for this piece was definitely over priced given what other pieces were going for at the time.

Back