DARKNESS IS HERE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats..I dont collect bust..but this piece is amazing...the best 1/1 bust ever !!!! Wowww

This is definitely the most tempting 1:1 bust they've released for me. But that may be just so I could have a giant Satan in my living room in case any of my family ever visits.

Darklord Dave said:
This is definitely the most tempting 1:1 bust they've released for me. But that may be just so I could have a giant Satan in my living room in case any of my family ever visits.

My parents are coming to visit me at the end of this month.....This is the room they are staying in!!!! :D

This guy might have to move to another room for a little while.

Man, that's cool looking. I'm a little unsure of the mouth. What's your over-all critique of the piece now that you have it?

Ya know, my parents used to hire this lady who would come in to clean. She was ultra-religious on a zealot scale, so when I was in another room, she would go into my room, pick out a toy that she thought was partucularly demonic looking, and "accidentally" break it. She was particularly fond of breaking my Horizons Venom model.

She would bring the broken toy out to me, apologizing. I would console her with the fact that the model will easily be repaired. Quickly hiding her dissappointment, she would tell me that if she had this thing, she would ,"Bind it in the name of The Lord Jesus, and throw it away."

The point of this little story is that I really wish I had had this when she was around. She would have had a heart attack! :devil

Customikey said:
Ya know, my parents used to hire this lady who would come in to clean. She was ultra-religious on a zealot scale, so when I was in another room, she would go into my room, pick out a toy that she thought was partucularly demonic looking, and "accidentally" break it. She was particularly fond of breaking my Horizons Venom model.

She would bring the broken toy out to me, apologizing. I would console her with the fact that the model will easily be repaired. Quickly hiding her dissappointment, she would tell me that if she had this thing, she would ,"Bind it in the name of The Lord Jesus, and throw it away."

The point of this little story is that I really wish I had had this when she was around. She would have had a heart attack! :devil
Until she "accidentally" broke it, they you'd have the heart attack.

Batty said:
Man, that's cool looking. I'm a little unsure of the mouth. What's your over-all critique of the piece now that you have it?

After seeing the pictures from Sideshow, my expectations were very high for this piece, and I have to admit that I was expecting a let down of some sort. However, my worries were quickly put to rest. This piece is complete perfection in scale, likeness, accuracy, and color. As moonlight said, the reds were done masterfullly (no small feat working with this type of red), and his eyes are spot on to the original pics. The mouth pose is almost a trademark of Tim Curry, so I am happy they used this subtle detail in the piece. However, I do believe that the gums and gum lines could have been more life-like. In regards to the teeth, they could have been more life-like also. But, I'll reserve final judgement until I see some screens caps or watch the movie again. This could be an exact representation and maybe needed artistic interpretation. Overall, the mouth doesn't detract from the piece and still enhances it. So, I am definitely satisfied. The pose of this bust also allows appreciation for the size and detail of the horns including the coloration, flats, and ribs. There are minor imperfections in color and markings the way real horns/antlers grow. I don't know if this was intended or not, but once again I'm impressed. The tense muscles and glands are done accurately along with the including of bulging arteries in the neck. It adds to the Anger of the piece. The weight is equally distributed, so the piece feels very sturdy on display. In regards to the base, I like it. I believe it matches the column decor used in the throne room in the movie.

Conclusion..........

I love it.......I hate to sound like a cheerleader, but I tip my hat to Sideshow and thank them for this excellent piece. I loved the look of this character since I was a kid and those types of longlasting expectations are hard to please. But, Sideshow did it!!! THANKS!!!!

The mouth does need a bit of work when looking up close at it. From farther away with the proper lighting it kicks butt. I love sitting at my desk looking waaaaay up at the horns! Masterpiece. :D

Oh and BTW I got #13, dunno if it's a good thing or if I'm cursed for life. :wacky

Rick James: [as Charlie and Eddie Murphy beat up on his legs] YOU DARKNESS, YOU BLACK - LATE NIGHT - EVIL MOTHAF*CKAS - BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS! YOU RAW... DARKNESS... YOU... DELIRIOUS... MOTHAF*CKAS. YOU WAS COLD AS ICE!!!

kingdarkness03, I'd be interested in seeing your Legend collection. Is it posted anywhere?

Batty said:
kingdarkness03, I'd be interested in seeing your Legend collection. Is it posted anywhere?
Unfortunetly,I do not have any of my pieces posted. I have only a few pieces in my Legend collection...due to the fact that few have been produced.I cant wait to get the 20" Darkness from Sota and they also have a 6" bust coming soon...I love this character like no other....I also have a 12" tattoo of Darkness on my leg..

Edit:Sota stuff is weak!! Didnt end up getting any of it,

Edit: Never got the Darkness film used sword. Problems with $$$ caused me to have to cancel the order.

Last edited:
kingdarkness03 said:
Unfortunetly,I do not have any of my pieces posted. I have only a few pieces in my Legend collection...due to the fact that few have been produced.My most prized piece is the sword Darkness used in the movie..I dont know if it was actually used by Tim Curry in the movie, but it is a prop I got from the Prop Store of London......I cant wait to get the 20" Darkness from Sota and they also have a 6" bust coming soon...I love this character like no other....I also have a 12" tattoo of Darkness on my leg..:devil

WOW. How much did that cost you?!(you dont have to answer that:google ) The prop I mean! Ive been there, theyre all originals and VERY expensive. I saw a cup from Serenity going for $250! Crazy, but then again, how often do you get a chance of owning a piece of cinema

Some things were going up for the $100,000 range.

BDboystoys said:
WOW. How much did that cost you?!(you dont have to answer that:google ) The prop I mean! Ive been there, theyre all originals and VERY expensive. I saw a cup from Serenity going for $250! Crazy, but then again, how often do you get a chance of owning a piece of cinema

Some things were going up for the $100,000 range.
Well I can say it was more than $250 and less than $100,000...but in my opinion it was worth every penny(and there were many pennys spent):D ........lets put it this way.....I could have fed about 5000 3rd world country children for a year:google

This is a incredible bust, just wish it was priced lower. actually even then woulnd't be able to keep a satan type figure in the household.

hey KASONILA - just noticed your avatar, I do take offense to that pic, I know it probably does not make a difference to you, but just wanted to throw that out there.

thanks.

Back