Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ok good to know. I am afraid of the EX becoming a waitlist cause I won't be able to use my reward points then. I think it's ok to wait a few more weeks then :)

Although I like the reg portrait better, it'd be cool to get the EX.

You gotta understand the science of how SS does these things and how that WL thing works. Watch this everyday like a hawk and the minute you see it go to WL, get on it immediately. And you got a 100% chance of conversion provided somebody at SS doesn't purposely sabotage your conversion by passing you over. Just kidding, SS doesn't do that.

I cannot recall ANY SS exclusive over the past couple of years (outside of a pop-up variant with a tiny edition size) selling out in even 6 months.

Um... Grey Hulk EX

I went on the wait list nearly 2 years ago and it still hasn't converted

You gotta understand the science of how SS does these things and how that WL thing works. Watch this everyday like a hawk and the minute you see it go to WL, get on it immediately. And you got a 100% chance of conversion provided somebody at SS doesn't purposely sabotage your conversion by passing you over. Just kidding, SS doesn't do that.

No, but they'll cancel your WL and then a short time later send out an emailing saying they found a couple in their warehouse....Or just put it back up for order under second chance.....Mind you second chance hasn't happened much as of late. Still...

I may have exaggerated but none of those sold out in weeks...which is what the original poster was concerned about.

Batman and Joker did, but that was back when they'd post the ES on pre-order day. I don't think you'll see anything get wait-listed until they announce the ES.

I don't think "sold out" is an appropriate term, every single one listed converted for me prior to shipping except Skaar and Grey Hulk EX PFs

Skaar sold out literally in 3 days, and Grey Hulk EX was sold out in a couple weeks... I got on the waitlist 2 months after it "sold out" and now 1 1/2 year later its started to ship and my waitlist hasn't converted.

I consider the above "sold out"

Harley Quinn EX was still converting months after shipping, Superman EX was on waitlist for almost a year and my EX converted 6 months after, and Batman EX did go on second chance offer a bit briefly 1 week after it started shipping

when they remove the waitlist option completely, that is when it is "SOLD OUT" imo
with credit card declines its hard to predict if they over sell their waitlist

Joker EX went on second chance offer like twice, and even when they had it back in stock they'd cancel my friends order (after they charged him as well... they did that twice to him which was ridiculous).

and the Dark Phoenix EX will sell out prior to shipping, that is almost a guarantee unless they release a variant in the meantime.

items don't "sell out" in weeks these days because the Edition Sizes are TBA due to supply and demand.

They gauge the level of interest within the first month of orders

and oh the Droids EX did sell out within 1 hour during Comic Con announcement

----

All the Joker cancellations for my friend were involuntary, and IMO Sideshow should've given him a free PF after the cancellation requests / 2nd chance offers. Finally his order did become a TB and was set to ship and they cancelled it at the last minute (literally)

I ended up buying a REG for him after all the BS he had to go thru

geez, what did I start.

The phoenix statue looks great. I will wait for an edition size before deciding whether to place my order.

personally I never place an order until the ES is announced. Even if I know I want it I fantasize I'm doing part to keep it lower run.

personally I never place an order until the ES is announced. Even if I know I want it I fantasize I'm doing part to keep it lower run.

As a relative newbie at all this, can anyone tell me when SS usually announces the edition size? I mean is there usually a window of time, let's say two weeks to a month after preorders start, that they announce the official ES?

Back