Darabont Indy 4 script online now:

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One question arises though...considering how much of this script is actually present in the finished film, why isn't Darabont getting a script credit on this?

I asked that earlier, and it's a damn good question. The short answer is that he got screwed in arbitration.

I think its fairly clear that Lucas(the 'Evil One') clearly had the re-write done to provide a 'jumping off point' for further movies and to keep the franchise going. There will I think be an 'Indy 5' in some way or form.
Remember the ideas they shelved from Raiders and later used in TOD?, I think we'll see the plane chase turn up in the next installment.
I hope too Marion will be there with more to do.
I agree that there are weak elements to both Koepp's and Darabont's scripts and strenghts too.
I do think Darabont SHOULD have recieved some credit for his work in some way.
I think there probrably working on a script now as we 'speak'.

I'm reading it rigjht now as my final class works on their exam... I'll have thoughts later. Thanks for the link.

Yeah, it's legit. But there was reportedly one more draft after this one (which I think made the aliens inter-dimensional beings).

Anyone know if there is a reason for the whole interdimensional aliens thing? I like my aliens to come from outer space. And the whole "space between spaces" thing makes my head hurt.

LOL agent0028...

I think the "interdimensional" idea was just to give the "alien" thing a different twist than the usual "off into outer space" thing usually seen with this idea.

The one thing that really sticks out from this FD script is the groan-inducing lines like "Adventure really DOES have a name"....ugh.

With the lone exception of wishing Marion had more to do, I think the version we got was better.

liking it so far. I just caught a Hellboy reference, or what i think was a Hellboy reference
p92
Wild Man: Death! Death! Death! The gods will judge! Anung un Rama! Anung dool!

I thought it was funny anyways. Synching parts of this up with the Indy soundtrack is fun. thanks for posting this.

Back