Customs by The Fusion Brothers (Mr. Dixon, sir)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Customs by The Fusion Brothers

I decided to go ahead and show my WIP Christopher Reeve Superman. The sculpt is by Sunoch. The suit and body are from Triad Toys. I'm not too thrilled with how the eyes came out. I don't paint much anymore. I'm sure Ben will fix them sometime. And the briefs are from the DC Direct Superman, just temporary.

JMKsChristopherReeveSupermanV235.jpg

I also have some more recent pictures of Marty. Ben has the correct materials and will try making a new jacket in the near future. No pun intended.

JMKscustomMartyMcFly194.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly195.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly206.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly196.jpg

JMKscustomMartyMcFly203.jpg

Ben and I have recently gotten into Bond again. He started work on a Crab Key scene Bond from Dr. No. The outfit is only temporary.

BenscustomDrNoConneryBond6.jpg

BenscustomDrNoConneryBond8.jpg

JoshandBensConneryBonds12.jpg

Ben's From Russia with Love Connery Bond

BenscustomFRWLSeanConneryBond72.jpg

BenscustomFRWLSeanConneryBond69.jpg

A pose from Dr. No

BenscustomFRWLSeanConneryBond73.jpg

Closeup on the shammy holster with a painted Dragon PPK

BenscustomFRWLSeanConneryBond76.jpg

My Quantum of Solace Bond is almost finished. I just need a banana clip for the UMP and a blue/silver tie. I still need to take pictures of him with the UMP.

Last edited:

I'm the Lord Jesus Christ. Think I'll get drunk and beat up some midgets.

I'm the Lord Jesus Christ. Think I'll get drunk and beat up some midgets.

:lol Thats how you get people to view a thread.

I like the Dr. No and FRWL Connerys' especially with the blue shoulder holster.

:lol Thats how you get people to view a thread.

I like the Dr. No and FRWL Connerys' especially with the blue shoulder holster.

:lol That was the plan. Thanks, Deck. Ben has actually made new holsters that are more accurate. Who else would notice but Ben? I really need to get some new pics up of his FRWL and my Goldfinger (Legacy) Connery Bond figures as they have been repainted again.

Until then, here's the Ian Fleming "concept" Bond I posted in the Official thread:

IanFlemingsJamesBond38.jpg

IanFlemingsJamesBond322.jpg

IanFlemingsJamesBond14.jpg

and the Beretta 418 Ben made from scratch:

Custom12Beretta418.jpg

in progress...
Beretta418WIP.jpg

I posted this in the RoboCop thread and didn't get any reaction.

JMKsHorizonRoboCop76.jpg

JMKsHorizonRoboCop78.jpg

JMKsHorizonRoboCop95.jpg

JMKsHorizonRoboCop117.jpg

I used an original Horizon kit and am extra BBI body laying around. I know it's not great. I'm pretty proud of it, though. I think Ben did a killer job on Murphy's face. There are plans to do another one. I learned a lot with this one and got some tips on how to improve upon it.

Here's a shot of Les Walker's Horizon kit (his first 1/6 paint up), the battle damaged RoboCop and my custom.

JMKsHorizonRoboCop47.jpg

Thanks, man! I am pretty happy with the result. I am working on another, though. Definitely learned a thing or two from this project. I'll try to put these into good use.

Ben and I are also working on an Officer Murphy figure. The figure we're using has a passing resemblance to Weller:

dietervossBBI.jpg

By resculpting the hair, it should look more like him.

Here is my Indiana Jones from Raiders of the Lost Ark, and my Indiana Jones from the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

SideshowIndianaJones147.jpg

SideshowIndianaJones149.jpg

SideshowIndianaJones143.jpg

CustomSideshowLastCrusadeIndy23.jpg

CustomSideshowLastCrusadeIndy20.jpg

CustomSideshowLastCrusadeIndy16.jpg

CustomSideshowLastCrusadeIndy14.jpg

CustomSideshowLastCrusadeIndy12.jpg

I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now, a battle damaged T-800 from T2.

The head, left arm, hand, grenade launcher and bandolier are from the NECA BD T-800. The outfit is from the Sideshow T-800 (although I'd love to use the HT clothes). The shirt is from the Hot Toys T-800. The leg I got from eBay. I really don't know what figure it's from. The chest is a recast of my friend's Horizon Endoskeleton (I thought it would be a shame to use the original piece and discard the rest of the kit). The skin around the leg and chest was sculpted using epoxy clay.

JMKsbattledamagedT-80021scaled.jpg

JMKsbattledamagedT-80023scaled.jpg

JMKsbattledamagedT-80027scaled.jpg

JMKsbattledamagedT-80045scaled.jpg

JMKsbattledamagedT-80046scaled.jpg

JMKsbattledamagedT-80032scaled.jpg

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the length of the neck. Some paint touch-ups need to be done. As well as painting the grenade launcher. I'm flirting with the idea of making a bandolier made of real fabric.

Ben's battle damaged T-800 from T1

Head: Hero Heads
Jacket, shirt, hands, boots: Hot Toys BD T-800
Pants: some generic figure

JoshandBensdamagedT-80018.jpg

BenscustombattledamagedT-80031scale.jpg

BenscustombattledamagedT-80032scale.jpg

BenscustombattledamagedT-80027scale.jpg

BenscustombattledamagedT-80030scale.jpg

I recently bought a pair of 12" Vegeta and Piccolo figures by Irwin from way back (2000). The headsculpt on Vegeta isn't spectacular, but I saw potential. The Piccolo is crap. I wouldn't expect anymore, though.

Irwin12VegetaandPiccolofigures.jpg

I am working on customizing the Vegeta. I'm using an HEAVILY altered Soldier Story body with Indiana Jones fist hands (though I'm thinking of switching to the Raiders gloved fists). The gloves and boots will most likely be made of vinyl. Ben will make the bodysuit.

Here's what I have so far

Still needs a little work on the neck and left leg
JMKscustomVegeta17scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta2close-up.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta25scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta29scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta31scaled.jpg

JMKscustomVegeta30scaled.jpg

Though he should be about another inch shorter than Goku, this is as short as I could make the body.

JMKscustomVegeta35scaled.jpg

I recently bought a pair of 12" Vegeta and Piccolo figures by Irwin from way back (2000). The headsculpt on Vegeta isn't spectacular, but I saw potential. The Piccolo is crap. I wouldn't expect anymore, though.

Irwin12VegetaandPiccolofigures.jpg

Hi..
Where do you get the Vegeta?
I need the chest armor so that I can put it on Goku

Hi..
Where do you get the Vegeta?
I need the chest armor so that I can put it on Goku

I picked him up from good ole eBay. I really don't know how difficult the figure is to find. I might have just lucked out. It might resurface every once in a while.

There was a website called dragonballtoys.com or something, but every time I've tried to visit the site in the last month their server is down. If you can find a similar site, they might have more info.

Hi! I really love your Marty, the clothes and all, I don't see why Spencers head looks better than the other one u had from ada. Maybe it looks like Fox in person... can't tell cause i never had one! Ada's is perfect as Marty.
However i really like spenser's Doc! Looks incredible!

Sal

Back