CUSTOMIZINGS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

<BEASTMASTER>

Super Freak
Reaction score
Starting up my own works in progress thread folks. More kitbashing with additional custom work, though I will be sculpting all the heads myself.

So far I have a set list of figures I want:

Raiders Indiana Jones
Han Solo
Rick Deckard
Rachel
Skyfall Bond
Drakes Fortune Nathan Drake
Conan the Barbarian
Joel - last Of Us
Ellie - last Of Us

Will be making and modding a lot of things and posting my progress here. Stay tuned!

Re: <BEASTMASTER> CUSTOMIZINGS: Indy • Solo • Drake • Bond etc.‏

So first thing up is some indy gear. I got my Mike Fisher Indy set a while back and couldn't be happier with it all. My belt had a minor fault and rather than sending it back to Mike for a replacement I decided to redo it myself as my first leather project. I used Mikes belt as a template and cut it out from some 1mm veg tan leather. I then used dark brown leather dye and aged it up. The main differences are the holes closer to the end with a different cut tail. I also remade the leather whip holder to match the one in the image.

indy_belt.jpg

Also remade the bag strap in leather using the HT buckle and Mikes metal rings. Used veg tan leather and some neats foot oil to brown it. I recently remade it again so the buckle was more center to Indy's chest :rolleyes2

indy_bagstrap.jpg

One thing I've learnt so far about 1/6 scale leather work is natural veg tan leather once dyed or oiled looks way better than chrome tanned leather for things like belts holsters etc.

Cant wait to see more projects man!

I started working on a ANH Han holster rig a while back. I only just got round to cutting out the buckles from .030 aluminium sheet. Will polish them up a bit.

buckles.jpg

I've also got a friend who owns a Form 1 3d printer. I worked up some belt tool models as well as a front grate for my sideshow blaster. It printed them pretty good considering the microscopic size! Will try casting these in grey resin and work on them more.

solo_tools.jpg

Cheers Rdeezy :) Stay tuned for Drake stuff!

Love that bag strap. Can you make me one?

Thanks Cavlcade. Got too much on at the moment, but if I can free up some time I'll try to make another.

Nice work. I love working with 6th scale leather gear, I will be watching.

Cheers dwing! Yeah I'm getting more confident with the leatherwork. I'm actually going to attempt to make Hans black boots in leather, so will be posting progress of that when the time comes :)

Thanks Cavlcade. Got too much on at the moment, but if I can free up some time I'll try to make another.

No worries, thanks for considering it. What thickness leather do you use? I might have a go at some things myself.

wow~! great ~! job

No worries, thanks for considering it. What thickness leather do you use? I might have a go at some things myself.

I used 0.8mm leather. I had to get the thickness trimmed down from 1.5mm. Here is a link to the trimmers: https://www.leatherthinning.co.uk/prices/index.htm

Thanks Road of Sky! :)

Ok here are a few Drake bits I've been gathering.

Jeans are Crazy Owners Vintage Denim Blue. Need to be weathered so if anyone has any jeans weathering advice let me know. Right now I'm just thinking sandpaper.

P1030781.JPG

I've studied Drakes shoes and they look like Converse. I got these 3A figure converse which have a really nice shape.

drake_shoes.jpg

For the ring necklace I cut some aluminium tube. It actually fits perfectly on the ttm finger. The cord is very finely cut leather.

drake_ring.jpg

and beginnings of the head sculpt

drake.jpg

Back to Indy. I got this great pants belt material from Tony Barton. Tony also browned the belt strap and cut the buckle. I added the tail cap and made the buckle functional.

indy_pantsbelt.jpg

Took some pics of my Skyfall head sculpt. I've had this for a year now and only just got round to getting casting materials to make a resin copy for painting up. Will post pics when that's all done. The eyes are photoshoped in for now ;)

DC.jpg

Cheers Dr. Odd :)

Just got my Drake shotgun this morning. Its the Brother Zombie Killer shotgun.

drakeSG.jpg

More Drake updates! A bit more work on the head and started to block out his hair. Also Made the buckle.

drake2.jpg

buckle.JPG

WOW!

You do realise that you are making absolutely everything that absolutely everyone wants. Also, they all want the best of everything, and, from what I'm seeing you appear to be doing that as well.

When all this stuff is finished you are going to be one popular guy!

Best Nate I've seen!! I want it! I think a lil more forehead should show though :) will you offer them?

Back