Custom Trek Spock, McCoy and Scotty!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecapn

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Had to show these bad boys off! The heads are the SciFi Metropolis heads recently sold through the forum. The uniforms are borrowed from Playmates' old 12" Trek figures. The Phaser and Communicator are from Playmates' 9" figures (because the accessories were always oversized). Scotty's on a regular TT with a little padding around the midsection; Spock's on a TTL2.0; and McCoy's on a Slim TT. The boots are dragon WWII boots, and the stands are Resident Evil HT stands that I repainted. Oh, and the paint jobs are by yours truly :). I think these came out really great!

Now I'm just waiting on better uniforms from Nanjin...

Sorry the pics aren't great, I only have a point and click.

DSCN04462.jpg

DSCN0447.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0450.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0456.jpg

They look fantastic!
I sent my McCoy and Scotty heads to be painted. I have my Spock on a regular True Type and the sleeves are a little short once I tightened up the back. Was there a trick you used to give Scotty some extra sleeve length? It looks like the TTL 2.0 is a little taller than the regular TT, I might have to try that for my Spock.
Thanks for the pics. Alan

Spock's sleeves were short on the TT as well, that's the body he was on originally. But Scotty's fit fine. Maybe the Spock sleeves are shorter? I'm not really sure. And yes, the TTL body is a smidge taller than the TT, so it works.

Yup, but they haven't made it available yet...I'll definitely buy it as soon as they do. Though I actually think Nanjin's Kirk sculpt is actually better. I'll have to get both and compare them.

Excellent customs! I can't wait until nanjin make the uniforms available and I'm glad to know the TTL is a smidge taller. I was thinking of getting the TTL 3.0 (when it is released) for my Spock as well. BTW, Scotty was skinny on TOS, so you might not need to use the belly padding on him (you can always save it for Kirk). Are the shoulders on the TTL body similar to the narrow shoulder TT?

Good to know about Scotty's sleeves being longer than Spock's. I'll have to pose Spock with his hands behind his back until I get Nanjin's uniforms as well. Kirk is my favorite of Nanjin's head sculpts so I will have to buy both to see which is my favorite in person. Hopefully the Kirk sculpt is the next Sci Fi Metropolis one made available to us.

I know Spock's head fit perfect on the Hot Toys head post. Was there any problem fitting the head on the TTL 2.0 neck? It looks more like a Dragon neck than a Hot Toys.

Alan

Excellent customs! I can't wait until nanjin make the uniforms available and I'm glad to know the TTL is a smidge taller. I was thinking of getting the TTL 3.0 (when it is released) for my Spock as well. BTW, Scotty was skinny on TOS, so you might not need to use the belly padding on him (you can always save it for Kirk). Are the shoulders on the TTL body similar to the narrow shoulder TT?

You're right and wrong about Scotty :) At the beginning, Scott had a tummy...he lost it somewhere between the second and third seasons, and he was really thin at the end. But he also had a different haircut at the end, so i just went with an early Scotty look. Actually, I'm also considering switching McCoy over to a TTL as well...he looks a little TOO thin for my taste, but I'm waiting to see how he looks in Nanjin's sweet uniforms. You may not have noticed, but I also painted on McCoy's pinkie ring :). As far as the padding, it's simple...it's a makeup removal cotton pad folded in half and taped to the bottom of the torso. Voila! So I can always make another, and I probably will.

The shoulders have a similar range of movement, if that's what you mean, but they do it differently. And they have this kindof...sleeve over the shoulder joint. But they work just fine. And as far as being similar in width to a narrow TT, yup. They're about the same width. And I have a narrow TT saved for Kirk.

I know Spock's head fit perfect on the Hot Toys head post. Was there any problem fitting the head on the TTL 2.0 neck? It looks more like a Dragon neck than a Hot Toys.

they're a little bit smaller in circumference than the HT toys necks, so I had to wrap a layer of electrical tape around the peg before putting on the head. But once I did that, it was fine. Now as a side note, it would look funky if the necks on the uniforms weren't tight...the color difference is noticeable, as is the change in size. but with the TOS uniforms covering the joint, they're just fine.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! If anyone would like me to paint their heads, I wouldn't mind doing it...I find it really relaxing. How much does that usually go for?

Thanks for the info. Would a Hot Toys short neck fit on a TTL 2.0 body?
Alan

they're a little bit smaller in circumference than the HT toys necks, so I had to wrap a layer of electrical tape around the peg before putting on the head. But once I did that, it was fine.

you mean the separate neck piece when the head doesn't have a molded neck? No, it won't. The neck plug on the TTL isn't removable, or else it's REALLY tight. I tried to remove it bu stopped because I thought it would break.

Like them apart from the body choices they seem a touch small for me, Nanjins outfits and a revision of bodies. Other than that excellent stuff

Id suggest some g3.5's

Yeah, I agree with you. Especially McCoy. The heads are a tad oversized. But it really depends on what I can do with Nanjin's outfits when I get them, he's tailoring them for the TTL/Narrow TT size, so we'll see what I can get away with. What's a g3.5? I was thinking maybe of using some of my spare Bucks.

Back