Custom R4 head.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OT Freak

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here you go guys, I worked the #'s over and over, but the head looks to high to me. But I proceeded. What do you think?

Ok Head structure in complete. I threw the eye on there to give a glimpse of how the little guy will look. I have a neat idea to connect the head in such a way so it will work when cast. Or just let the guys that get one figure it out. :wink1:

ooooowwwww w nursie!!!!!!!!!!looking great Matt with you R5 and rakkasan7's R7 I think we have got the R series nailed... I love it.

and totally detachable... FOR CASTING :)

Thanks to the few that posted. I don't know how to cast so Mark will be doing a few.

I have sanded the head a bit and it's coming out nicely.

looks great...............are you keeping the green color scheme?

Yes this is coming out nicely! Very nice work OT, really shaping up. :clap

Is that the mythical plasticard/styrene sheet I've heard so much about that you're using? I checked in my local fairy forest, talked with an old wizard, a dwarf, and then finally even a troll, and still couldn't find any... And I'm just too lazy to order any from the internet...

Anyway it looks really nice. I can't wait to see when these get sent off to Dorgs and there's an army of em! They ought to look good next to people's gonks.

Yes this is coming out nicely! Very nice work OT, really shaping up. :clap

Is that the mythical plasticard/styrene sheet I've heard so much about that you're using? I checked in my local fairy forest, talked with an old wizard, a dwarf, and then finally even a troll, and still couldn't find any... And I'm just too lazy to order any from the internet...

Anyway it looks really nice. I can't wait to see when these get sent off to Dorgs and there's an army of em! They ought to look good next to people's gonks.
Thanks guys!

I do use some Styrene, but most of the time I use ABS sheets. It's harder that Styrene and I think it's easier to work with.

Barryo,

I guess I could go the easy route and just stick with the green. Maybe I will do that for the 1st one! I think I might do another version of the head. This one looks to tall.

Did some detail work on the droid body.

I cut off all the toy like tabs on the front of the mid foot, the one on body at the arm joints and the 2 on the inside of the arms.

I then filled in the middle leg at the ankle.

The base of the new R4 head now has a puzzle like parts that will position the head perfectly on the body.

BTW the base of the body needs to look just like mine for the head to fit.

I also had to cut the top of the Sliding posts of the mid leg so you can slide it in and out without removing the head.

One last thing I did was cut all the lame Hasbro feet hoses. Those has always drove me crazy.

Back