CUSTOM KOTCS PF statues...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
CUSTOM KOTCS PF statues..(holster added)

In the past we have started new threads for Indy figures/products that were customized to have a separate discussion on just reworking these gems... so I am kicking off the custom KOTCS PF thread !! I have just started work on the KOTCS belt and whip keeper today.. ( holster is on the agenda for tomorrow..) So far this is where I am at with it... this belt is a heck of a lot longer than the ones I did for the Raiders Indy because of the pose... the way that right hand is positioned to sit on top of the holster you have to position the holster VERY low on the hip.. ( he never wore it that low.. but anyhoo..) So these belts are super long... plus the belt keeper on the KOTCS belt is leather ( raiders had the metal keeper).. As for the whip keeper.. you can't see it in these photos because of the angle.. but the KOTCS whip keeper has two button closures.. one to button the strap over the belt, and one to button over the whip... to be 100% accurate you have to thread it over the web belt and leather belt for KOTCS.. I think just out of sheer practical purpose, I doubt I will make these functional.. the whip is glued into his hand.. you can't pose it with the whip in the keeper anyway...

SEE PHOTOS BELOW FOR BETTER PHOTOS OF BELT AND HOLSTER

Last edited:
So... all the gear heads out there... give me the harsh criticism.. what can I do to these to tweak them and make them perfect in terms of screen accuracy ??? Suggestions ??

Looks good to me, mfisher!

On a side note, while I was watching the movie again this past weekend, I noticed that the shoulder strap for Indy's satchel is considerably wider on the PF than it is in the movie. Are you planning on making an alternate strap for the stachel as well?

Looks good to me, mfisher!

On a side note, while I was watching the movie again this past weekend, I noticed that the shoulder strap for Indy's satchel is considerably wider on the PF than it is in the movie. Are you planning on making an alternate strap for the stachel as well?

Actually, I think Mike was also looking into making a better satchel strap for the ROTLA Indy as well, since that one is just too flimsy. Maybe he could conquer both projects at the same time!

Also, the new belt is looking AMAZING Mike. Can't wait to see the holster on there too. When you get to the holster, could you actually take some pictures with it off to the side behind his right hand (like the current SS production photos), and then slide it around to the front as well (like the original SS photos). I'm curious to see how it would look up front too.

indiana-jones-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull-premium-format-figure.jpg

7193_press01-001.jpg

Thanks!
:whip

Can do Fett... as for satchel straps.. yes.. I could do that.. I would obviously have to sell those as a "kit" of sorts with the buyer having to do all of the sewing etc.. unless you wanted to send me your bag and have me attach it for you.. ( which I have no problem with either).. one thing that is bugging me is the color of the belt.. I think it has a hint of reddish brown to it.. and it needs to be just plain brown... I will have to make it out to the leather shop over the weekend and browse the leather dyes...

Can do Fett... as for satchel straps.. yes.. I could do that.. I would obviously have to sell those as a "kit" of sorts with the buyer having to do all of the sewing etc.. unless you wanted to send me your bag and have me attach it for you.. ( which I have no problem with either).. one thing that is bugging me is the color of the belt.. I think it has a hint of reddish brown to it.. and it needs to be just plain brown... I will have to make it out to the leather shop over the weekend and browse the leather dyes...

Always the perfectionist! I love it Mike! You know I'm in for the 1/4 belt and holster once you have it perfected.

And thanks for being able to take some shots with the holster both ways. I sort of like the original SS shot with the holster riding up front for some reason (although I think they angled it a bit much, like there's a 'phantom hand' pushing down on it. :lol), but I dig the idea. I like that it offers a bit of variety. If I tire of the holster at the side, I'll move it to the front. If I tire of that, I'll move it back to the side.

As for the bag strap, I do remember you mentioning it back with the ROTLA Indy...that you thought the strap was a bit 'flimsy'. Cool that you could offer it as a kit, or customize our bags if we send them in. I'm curious to see what it might look like...and definitely interested! :gun

What I had initially wanted to do, regarding bag straps, is find a replacement buckle.. which I figured would not be too terribly hard... obviously I am wrong as I have yet to find a decent one.. but to do it right I need to find a metal buckle... if I decrease the width of the strap the original plastic sideshow buckle will not work ( because it will be too wide).. the straps themselves will be a cinch to cut out of a sheet of leather... just sourcing the buckles has been my stumbling block...

Here's the first KOTCS holster set I have finished up... I may do some minor tweaks here and there... but I stocked up on a HUGE sheet of leather today... so I can make as many as needed... tell me what you think so far ??
IMG_6593.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6613.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. :clap

Question - does this gun fit in the holster you made for the ROTLA PF? It might be worth getting someone to cast a few copies if it does.

The KOTCS webley is too long for the Raiders holster... what I need to do is get castings of just the Raiders pistol butt to stick out of the Raiders holsters...

Here's the first KOTCS holster set I have finished up... I may do some minor tweaks here and there... but I stocked up on a HUGE sheet of leather today... so I can make as many as needed... tell me what you think so far ??
IMG_6611.jpg

Looks AMAZING once again Mike! Can't wait to order the belt and holster once you have it perfected, but it already looks pretty damn good to me!

Oh, and thanks for taking a picture of it with the holster up front for me, I think it really looks cool like that...sort of fills out that area in front of his upper leg. I'll definitely start by displaying it like that. :rock

Wow ... I don't like the gun, but I LOVE what you did with the holster. Sidedshow should have made a more accurate 1/4 scale Webley.

Just received my belt, holster and whip keeper from Mike Fisher yesterday. Makes a HUGE difference to the piece! Personally I prefer the holster up front, but I took some shots of it off to the side as well. To each their own.

If you don't have this set, go get it from him. NOW! :gun

(note - ignore the 'half-Hitler mustache on Indy, he's about to get destroyed for a replacement due to paint app errors in the factory...)

4257125701_d38824f25f_o.jpg

4257884296_48437e194e_o.jpg

4257126121_b1c846ec46_o.jpg

4257884720_4bc1384c20_o.jpg

4257884948_fa8c7ca460_o.jpg

4257885142_f1ecc31c49_o.jpg

4257885422_bd3a4a5f5d_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back