Custom Deniro-Goodfeellas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petes

Freakzoid
Reaction score
deniro1.jpg

deniro2.jpg

deniro3.jpg

deniro4.jpg

Hi guys,
New to this forum..great stuff. I use to do allot of model work (many) years ago but now into computer FX. Having some free time I decided to go back and make a custom figure.

This head is the custom Deniro resin head from Red Planet. I painted it up using enamels. The body is the new HOT TOYS narrow should figure. The Suite is also HOT TOYS. I think it is one of the best around..but a bit pricey.
Overall pretty happy with it. Thanks for looking.
:gun

Pete

Last edited:
"Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut.".......... :D

great work man, pose is awesome as well. he needs a cigarette though....:cool:

"What did I tell you? huh? What the ^^^^ did I tell you? Didn't I tell you don't go buying nothing big, nothing to draw attention to yourself."

"I'm sorry Jimmy, it was a wedding gift from her mother."

"WHat?"

"I'm Sorr.."

"Just take it back. Get it out of here."

Very cool !!!
He looks like he's gonna slap somebody !

Welcome to the frenzy of custom figures...lol

Talk about debut !!!

That is awesome ! love the entire thing.

Plans for more ?

I was hoping to get a Joe Pesci, but I can't believe there isn't a sculpt on one. Then of course it would be where do a find a shorter stubbier body.

Any ideas??

This head is the custom Deniro resin head from Red Planet. I painted it up using enamels. The body is the new HOT TOYS narrow should figure. The Suite is also HOT TOYS. I think it is one of the best around..but a bit pricey.
Overall pretty happy with it. Thanks for looking.
:gun

Pete

Hi Pete, welcome on board! This is an excellent custom!
Does enamel paint stick stronger to resin compared to acrylic paint? I tried my hand at painting resin heads using acrylic (Tamiya) but I find they sometimes scrap off pretty easily and I have to keep painting them over and over again from time to time. I'm looking for a type of paint that will stick on resin heads like glue.

Well, I would imagine Acrylic would work too... Did you lay down a primer coat? I like acrylics too. Though they tend to dry a bit fast for me. Not sure if you can tell, but much like areal face, I like to add many subtle color differences to a face. So blending is important. My personal beef with most heads is they are very even and clean in color. Except for maybe cheeks and beard. But most faces have many different colors. Depending on skin thickens to the bone as well as strain strain it is under.
My basic flow is Primer and let dry thoroughly, then a base coat of flesh and let that dry for a few hours. Then I go to my final color stages. I do this because once I start really painting, I do allot of scubbing and blending with thinned down color. This lets you blend with colors even if they are dry to the touch as the thinner will bring then back to life a bit. But since the base flesh is thoroughly dry it tends to stay solid and not blend with the newly put on colors. This frees me up a bit to force some blending.
Now I would imaging this would work with acrylics too.
Also, make sure you seal it with a clearcoat of matte, then gloss the eyes!
Hope that helps.

pete

Back