Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could like hold one for me, got to deposit some cash at the bank tomorrow and will transfer the amount straight away then

BTW here is a very quick (bad) picture I took, still need to reattach the triangular pieces though

Real chuffed with the overall appearance with the short TDK cape on my customized Medicom. It takes the figure to a whole new level. All thats missing is PERS.

The Buddy Lee capes were fanatastic, still are. However, I felt as MaulFan also said they were too light on the shoulders. Like womens black lingerie. Too silky light.

lforigno's has a lovely thickness to it. Realistic thickness and not see through that I can tell.

The old Medicom cape doesn't appear to be stitched to the figure itself. Well it is partially but to leatherette strips that were glued in below the carbon kevlar pieces. Had to cut and fish out with a craft knife to get the remaining excess out before I fed in the new cape lugs.

I can't wait until I finish decorating to get my display units/diorama pieces built etc etc

Cheers, lforigno!

4017520367_b02dd068af_o.jpg

4017520371_b2cdb1538a_o.jpg

4017520391_81c07309e6_o.jpg

4017520379_285f6f36c7_o.jpg

4017528755_1693cd4a8d_o.jpg

4017520385_e8c4952fb2_o.jpg

4017548751_5bc631db1f_o.jpg

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited:
those are great pics buddy and those capes look better than expected on him. Thanks again buddy and im glad you like them.

Real chuffed with the overall appearance with the short TDK cape on my customized Medicom. It takes the figure to a whole new level. All thats missing is PERS.

The Buddy Lee capes were fanatastic, still are. However, I felt as MaulFan also said they were too light on the shoulders. Like womens black lingerie. Too silky light.

lforigno's has a lovely thickness to it. Realistic thickness and not see through that I can tell.

The old Medicom cape doesn't appear to be stitched to the figure itself. Well it is partially but to leatherette strips that were glued in below the carbon kevlar pieces. Had to cut and fish out with a craft knife to get the remaining excess out before I fed in the new cape lugs.

Damn you vodoun, you're always an inspiration for me for updating the Medi Bats. :)
Lou's cape looks wonderful on the Medi, now I'm ordering a cape too.
But my Medi is still headless :( Still waiting for Rismo's paint work...hopefully he will finish him soon...

Hope to see some pics from you in the day-light...

vodoun, would like to sell me the Medicom TDK wired cape if you don't need them anymore?

Good question. Sadly I'm quite a hoarder and have troubles for parting with things.

Damn you vodoun, you're always an inspiration for me for updating the Medi Bats. :)
Lou's cape looks wonderful on the Medi, now I'm ordering a cape too.
But my Medi is still headless :( Still waiting for Rismo's paint work...hopefully he will finish him soon...

Hope to see some pics from you in the day-light...

I'm always looking for that bit more added quality and realism for my display.
icon14.gif

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait though for yours. :) Rismo's repaint sure is stunning.

I have some more material since I will not be needing any for myself. I still have some available if anyone is interested. Thanks

How do you guys put the new cape on the HT TDK New suit. I hate the way it attaches to the suit with those stupid pegs. Please send me details on capes prices and sizes etc. Im looking for two capes one for original hot toys tdk suit and new suit. Cheers Steve UK.

How do you guys put the new cape on the HT TDK New suit. I hate the way it attaches to the suit with those stupid pegs. Please send me details on capes prices and sizes etc. Im looking for two capes one for original hot toys tdk suit and new suit. Cheers Steve UK.

With regards to the Dark Knight suit - use something thin and pointy to simply push the matrial into the holes in the suit and wedge it in there - once your figure is sitting on your shelf, the cape won't come out.

Alternatively - you can use some very small tie wraps - make two holes in the cape where it is to be attached to the figure - secure the tie wraps through the holes (trim them down so they are very small)and then you have two make shift cape hooks. Push those into the holes in the suit until they disappear.

Everyone that has ordered one up to this point has been shipped. While making the last of the capes today I realized I only have enough for 2 more. I know I was asked to save some material by some members but after the next 2 capes I will not make anymore UNLESS I get multiple people to commit before buying more fabric. I am not making much of a profit off of this because the fabric is a seasonal fabric and is 14.99 a yard and then I have to buy rotary blades so often to make sure I get a clean cut. So I have 2 more left if anyone is interested. Let me know

Thanks,
Lance

UPDATED IN NEXT POST

All of the material is gone. I have run out. I am sorry for those who were waiting this week but I have no more material and will not be making anymore unless multiple people commit to buying more.

Last edited:
I have enough material for one more cape if anyone is interested. I can make a batman begins version, a long TDK version or a short TDK version and is 25 dollars shipped. Let me know

I have been contacted by a few people on the boards here to do another run of capes. I would be willing to do so if 10 slots are filled. Capes are 25 dollars apiece and can be shipped out within 2 days. Please let me know if anyone else is interested. Please refer to vodouns great pics on the previous page. thanks and PM works best.

1. Geil- normal length

Last edited:
I have been contacted by a few people on the boards here to do another run of capes. I would be willing to do so if 10 slots are filled. Capes are 25 dollars apiece and can be shipped out within 2 days. Please let me know if anyone else is interested. Please refer to vodouns great pics on the previous page. thanks and PM works best.
1. Geil - normal length

Was just looking at the capes. Is the Dark Knight cape ends indented (like the bat wings if you know what I mean) like the actual cape or even like all other capes (superman cape).

Back