Custom 1:6 Vader base made from a wall clock!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I updated my first post with more pics but the forum is taking years to post them.

Is this normal for first time poster...is there a long approval time?

Yep, that's normal. You'll be able to post pictures instantly after a certain number of posts.

Great work on the light. Smart thinking on the metal work guys, I was going to use a drain cover. I love lighting.....that's an awesome stand.

Fantastic job!!:clap:clap

Hmm not sure what's happened to my original post...but here it is again with added pics :)

Hi All!

So this is my very first post ever!

I thought I'd share pictures of my custom Carbon freezing chamber base for my Medicom Vader.

I'm no big fan of the tiny stands that come with figures so I decided to make my own. I love the moody atmos of the Empire scene so I've had a go at that.

Here's an idea of what it's made from. An old wall clock, a custom grill I had laser cut from a Illustrator file and an old Vader money box I stole the voice board from.

Striped out soundboard and speaker minus uneaded wires.

5M of LED's stuck to a plastic circle cut to dimensions of the clock glass. They came with a handy power socket that would later be fitted into the clock frame.

Gels cut to same dimensions as glass.

The clocks base had lots of handy little spaces for the soundboard, speaker and battery pack.

Sprayed everything gun metal greu and then a coat of matt black. Took some sandpaper to it to reveal the metal effect.

And here's what I ended up with.

There's a switch in the front that activates an Imperial march and a Vader soundbite...

Also there's a switch in the back to easily turn the lights on and off...

Here's a video of it in action...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pe9j...ature=youtu.be

Hope you like it, any questions welcome.

Cheers

Back