Custom 1/6 Etched Parts - Miniature Eyeglasses And Other Parts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fan

1/6 addicted
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

since I'll make suitable custom eyeglasses for the upcoming HT Butler Alfred figure and I'll have to order a minimum plate size that will cover far more glasses than I'll ever make for Alfred, here's your chance.

If there's a certain figure you still need glasses or other parts from very thin metal for, please lmk.

Update: First interest lists for Eyeglasses:

Neo's Eyeglasses (Headsculpts: Iminime) $ 25

1) Laney74
2) galactiboy
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Egon's Eyeglasses (Headsculpts: Rocco, Spenser) $ 20

1) karamazov80
2) jra81984
3) lt0778
4) Laney74
5) Jediguy
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Butler A's Eyeglasses (Headsculpts: HT / J&N) $ 25

Interest list - Glasses:

1) ?
2) ?
3) center68
4) Raymond Ferraro
5) Machew1031
6) paramoremcr88
7) mightyq
8) kinua28
9) Frank Jaeger
10) SheSaMona
11) Darthy
12) PunnyT
13) The Clown Prince
14) imaI2EAPEi2
15) Lee in MI
16) lt0778
17) Rambler
18) Old Grandpa
19) takeshi
20) Erik S
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

Possible other eyeglasses, depending on interest:

The Dude's, Boddicker's, Cillian Murphy's Dr. Jonothan Crane, Eli

Some basic info for the eyeglasses:

• Any frame color is possible but any other than brass, silver / chrome will cost a little more.
  • Depending on the design, the prices will be between $ 20 and $ 25 / piece.
  • At least 10 people interested per eyeglasses version are needed to get the lowest price,
    if for example only 6 people want one it's $ 30.50 or $ 41.50 per (depending on the design again)
    but it will only happen if all on the list are okay with the higher price.
  • If I don't have the headsculpt the glasses should be made for,
    somebody has to send in a headsculpt so that I can ensure perfect fitting.

Will post some example pics asap but you all probably already know etched parts made like these.

Last edited:
Neo - the matrix
The Dude - big lebowski

Thanks fo the first suggestions. Both nice glasses, I could make them.

db_fotog_17771.jpg

urhsccllv0dfupxa0lsg.jpeg

Would only need to know which headsculpt they should be made for and if there would be more interested.

I could use a good pair of Neo glasses as well :duff

Okay great! :duff So that makes two already. Please lmk which specific headsculpt you mean.
I know there are different ones out there but I'm not familiar with all of them.

EDIT: Please note, Neo's glasses are actually frameless so I yould either make them with a frame as thin as possible behind the glasses or I'll find a way to make them frameless, then they would might be in the range of $ 30.

Last edited:
There is some interest in glasses for Rocco's Egon sculpt, but I'm not sure if 10 are interested or not.

g82637afc.jpg

But. . .I might be willing to pay for, say, 5 at the price you list just to help it happen.

There is some interest in glasses for Rocco's Egon sculpt, but I'm not sure if 10 are interested or not.

g82637afc.jpg

But. . .I might be willing to pay for, say, 5 at the price you list just to help it happen.

Wow, that's courageous! :clap I will do my best to gain interest to make it happen and I will try to keep the price fair in any case.
These specific glasses I think I can make at $ 20 a piece at 10 pieces made, so for example if only 6 peole would be interested I could make it as well, therefore at $ 30.50 per piece.
I think I should add this info to the first post and open first lists to see if we get enough people together.

Re: Custom 1/6 Etched Parts - Miniature Eyeglasses for Neo? The Dude? And Other Parts

OK. I'll make a post about it in the Ghostbusters custom thread to see if folks are interested (I know at least a couple others are). One problem is a lack of available Egon sculpts unless folks picked one up from Rocco or Spenser awhile back, but Snyder-Man may do one soon.

Re: Custom 1/6 Etched Parts - Miniature Eyeglasses for Neo? The Dude? And Other Parts

In for egon! Will this work with the Spenser sculpt?

Last edited:

OK. I'll make a post about it in the Ghostbusters custom thread to see if folks are interested (I know at least a couple others are). One problem is a lack of available Egon sculpts unless folks picked one up from Rocco or Spenser awhile back, but Snyder-Man may do one soon.

Thanks man! That are intersting background detais. One problem to solve is that though the differences between the two headsculots may be small, but at least some addaptions on the eyeglasses temple length may be necessary in order to fit both properly, but since I think the temples would have to end at the hairline to look accurately, I could make them a little longer than necessary so they could be cut to be as long as you need them.

EDIT: To make sure they'll fit both headsculpts I think it would be enough if somebody compares the two headscluplt's eye distances.

In for egon! Will this work with the Spenser sculpt?

Think I answered your question above. :hi5:

Last edited:

For the sunglasses, will they be without lenses?

They will be with lenses.

For the regular glasses, from what I saw by now, they look better without lenses in 1/6 but I'll also make some trials for that as well.

For the clear eyeglasses, I don't know that lenses are necessary. I was just curious about the specs for the Dude. I had a long abandoned project for a custom Dude that I might revive if the glasses were made.

That's cool, would love if this thread brings some fresh air into custom headsculpt projects that require sunglasses.

If you can also do frameless glass I know both I and Return Eagle need pairs for Boddicker... I believe at least one more head is out there in need of them.

If you can also do frameless glass I know both I and Return Eagle need pairs for Boddicker... I believe at least one more head is out there in need of them.

From what I saw with a quick search there are different eyeglasses he wore but both are half-frameless, so I could make them in any case. Only thing is that if it's just about 3 glasses, the price per piece would be pretty high.

Yeah, there might not be enough interest to make it feasible. But maybe others need that style of other heads :huh Guess it doesnt' hurt to have the option and see if anyone comes out of the wood work.

I'd need lenses for my pair though, as I went with a bloodied version from the end of the film.

Yeah, there might not be enough interest to make it feasible. But maybe others need that style of other heads :huh Guess it doesnt' hurt to have the option and see if anyone comes out of the wood work.

I'd need lenses for my pair though, as I went with a bloodied version from the end of the film.

If there's enough interest or also just a few interested, therefore willing to pay more per piece, I can make it. Maybe you can already ask the others that could be interested?
For now I somehow have to sort the interest lists, so I'll add a section for possible other glasses and add Boddicker's there as well.
Would love to see / make bloodied / cracked lenses glasses for such a figure!

Last edited:
Back