Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powergirl and Catwoman statues are my favorites so far. I saw the Batgirl statue up close at my local comic store and was quite disappointed with it. The ones that I am looking forward to are Supergirl, Armored WW and Hawkgirl. Hopefully they will not disappoint when I see them in my hands.

A friend of mine at work sent this to me...

Hawkgirl.jpg

:drool

I got him hooked on AH's artwork and the Cover Girls line! He just bought CG Power Girl to go with his CG WW! :rock :yess: :rock

Muahahahahaha!!! :lol :lol :lol

I agree that 8,000 is a pretty large ES in the collectible market but to me that's still limited.

The way I always look at it is that's only 8,000 that were made in the entire world. So even if every single one sells, only 8,000 people out of the trillions in the world will have one. I know not everyone in the world wants these or even knows about them but I know that still makes me feel special that I have one.

And honestly, as long as you get a piece and you really want it, does it matter how many were made? I know it doesn't for me cause I just want the piece for myself. Sure it's nice when there's a super low ES but my world doesn't come crumbling down when it's large.
World population is about 6.9 BILLION, not trillion. a Trillion is a thousand billion. Because of this, the world population is at least 300 times smaller than you think it is. I don't mean to be too nit picky, but when I saw the word TRILLION , I thought, trillion what? Trillion PEOPLE?? That's impossible.

Last edited:
As important as I think it is to use words literally, I still know that there's a purpose for not doing so, and that it's equally important to know when someone is not speaking literally.

Even if he did think that there were trillions of people on Earth, was it really that important?

Well I honestly did think there were trillions of people in the world, I mean Earth is pretty big. :lol

Sorry if I didn't know the exact number Blackthornone but my point was simply that an 8,000 ES is still limited in my opinion, since there's so many people in the world.

Well I honestly did think there were trillions of people in the world, I mean Earth is pretty big. :lol

Sorry if I didn't know the exact number Blackthornone but my point was simply that an 8,000 ES is still limited in my opinion, since there's so many people in the world.

Yes, I agree, 8,000 is still limited. I didn't mean to give you a hard time, I just meant to point out that there are about 325 times fewer people than you speculated. I wonder if you felt any better knowing there are fewer people in the world than you previously thought? On the other hand, maybe the world is 325 times smaller than you previously thought. It's a small world after all... Haven't you heard? :lol Outstanding pictures, by the way.

As important as I think it is to use words literally, I still know that there's a purpose for not doing so, and that it's equally important to know when someone is not speaking literally.

Even if he did think that there were trillions of people on Earth, was it really that important?

Well, the word he used was 325 times off the mark, which would mean that in his mind that if he really thought that there was 2 trillion people in the world, that 8,000 pieces worldwide would in reality be equivalent to 16, not 8,000.
Therefore, if there really was 2 trillion people in the world, 8,000 pieces would be equivalent to the rarity of 16 in the world today. Thus, if I am to conclude that he knows how much a trillion actually is, that leads me to believe that he thinks that these pieces are 325 times rarer than they actually are.
Yes, there are lots of people in the world, and there is an exact number of them, so we know how many, so we know the real world rarity of anything. So I do think that it is important to have a more accurate approximation of how many people there are in the world, in order to accurately determine the potential value of a collectible.
Don't you think that there is a big difference between TRILLION and billion? If I was promised 2 trillion dollars, I would feel more than a little short changed if I only received 6.9 billion, a whopping 325 times less than I was promised. How about the difference between getting paid $325 for a statue and $1? The discrepancy is about the same.
All I meant to say in my response to him was that there aren't really trillions of people in the world. The point was that it is important to have a more accurate sense of how many people there are in the world to understand real rarity of things. You do know that a trillion is a thousand billion, and a billion is a thousand million, and million is a thousand thousands, right? I think that a certain understanding of numbers is important. Just because most people don't deal with big numbers on a regular basis does not mean that knowing big numbers isn't important when the need arises, in my estimation.

This planet could not support a trillion people. It is unlikely that this planet could support even 15 billion.

Last edited:
Well, the word he used was 325 times off the mark, which would mean that in his mind that if he really thought that there was 2 trillion people in the world, that 8,000 pieces worldwide would in reality be equivalent to 16, not 8,000.
Therefore, if there really was 2 trillion people in the world, 8,000 pieces would be equivalent to the rarity of 16 in the world today. Thus, if I am to conclude that he knows how much a trillion actually is, that leads me to believe that he thinks that these pieces are 325 times rarer than they actually are.
Yes, there are lots of people in the world, and there is an exact number of them, so we know how many, so we know the real world rarity of anything. So I do think that it is important to have a more accurate approximation of how many people there are in the world, in order to accurately determine the potential value of a collectible.
Don't you think that there is a big difference between TRILLION and billion? If I was promised 2 trillion dollars, I would feel more than a little short changed if I only received 6.9 billion, a whopping 325 times less than I was promised. How about the difference between getting paid $325 for a statue and $1? The discrepancy is about the same.
All I meant to say in my response to him was that there aren't really trillions of people in the world. The point was that it is important to have a more accurate sense of how many people there are in the world to understand real rarity of things. You do know that a trillion is a thousand billion, and a billion is a thousand million, and million is a thousand thousands, right? I think that a certain understanding of numbers is important. Just because most people don't deal with big numbers on a regular basis does not mean that knowing big numbers isn't important when the need arises, in my estimation.

This planet could not support a trillion people. It is unlikely that this planet could support even 15 billion.

WOW! That hurt my eyes. Trillion or Million...I would still have this line.

Back