Statue Cover Girls of the DC Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up the latest Cover Girls Wonder Woman - she turned out beautifully I think... Here are some of my glamour shots

DC Wonder Woman 1 alt sm.jpg

DC Wonder Woman 2 sm.jpg

DC Wonder Woman 3 sm.jpg

DC Wonder Woman 7 sm.jpg

DC Wonder Woman 10 sm.jpg

DC Wonder Woman 5 sm.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures, she looks great. :clap Mine is sitting on my pile of loot at BBTS. Just waiting for the Yamato's Luis Royo's Wonder Woman to come in before shipping.

It's not the costume difference. Mr. Green just prefer the previous one. The lasso is more dynamic as one of the differences.

3619410632_1f72e1b741_b.jpg

The original lineup inspired by Adam Hughes just seems so much more elegant, expensive and more collectible to me.

The newer ones look like they could be made of plastic, IMO. I love Stanley Lau's art though, so I don't blame him at all.

I love/prefer the original Adam Hughes Cover Girls, but the new series has its share of gems too. I'm glad that they've branched out beyond the usual characters and included some surprises like Bleez, Mera, Katana, and Vixen. Not sure why they made Platinum - even she is a bit of a stretch.

The scales are close enough, and I enjoy displaying them side by side.

Kinda wish they used the New 52 costume for Power Girl, so I'd have incentive to get her. As things stand, I'm more than satisfied with my AH! PG (arguably my favorite), and happy that new collectors can add a solid PG to their display.

Everyone seems to have different ideas over which Artgerm-based piece is the standout (I've heard WW and CW on the other forums as well), which probably means DCC is doing something right. I agree with Gomur on preferring the AH! series and kind of wish they'd done an Amanda Conner-designed follow-up, like they did with the Women of the DC Universe bust.

Back