Could ROTJ Luke beat.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not fair to make cross-trilogy comparisons, as the idea of the Force has evolved since 1983, and choreography has improved (or become flashier). That said, I think ROTJ Luke will lose to anyone right up until you mention his sister.
:lecture:clap:lecture

in the EU books Luke is the grand jedi master and in several instances he demonstrated so with his mastery of the lightsaber.

Hey bud, that's irrelevant. We're talking ROTJ Luke. Most of that was AFTER ROTJ.

It's not fair to make cross-trilogy comparisons, as the idea of the Force has evolved since 1983, and choreography has improved (or become flashier). That said, I think ROTJ Luke will lose to anyone right up until you mention his sister.

Luke was such a little Emo puss that Leia would snatch the lightsaber out of his hand and beat his ass bare knuckled.

also, at the time Luke was training there was no Jedi Order around to really give him complete training in that stuff.
and in the Star Wars universe, the further back in time you go, the more advanced the Jedi arts are.
Yoda would look pathetic back in the Golden Age of the Sith.

On a good day could ROTJ Luke beat...

Darth Maul
Count Dooku
ROTS Kenobi
ROTS Anakin
TPM Qui-gon
ROTS Yoda
Mace Windu
Kit Fisto
Palpatine

or the two lame Jedi that Palpatine cut down?

Considering his heritage and logically high metachlorian (acidophilus?) count, ultimately Luke should have the potential to be the greatest of all of the Jedi. As far as Luke beating these at the ROTJ level, one has to remember Yoda's assertions that Luke was not ready when he had hid last training from Yoda. I really don't think that one battle with Darth Vader is going to give you enough training to all of a sudden be at the same level of training as any of these Jedi or Sith Mentioned.

i think starkiller could beat everyone!!!!!..saying that though luke is kick a$$ in the EU!..but i stil think starkiller could wipe the floor with everyone!!!

i think starkiller could beat everyone!!!!!..saying that though luke is kick a$$ in the EU!..but i stil think starkiller could wipe the floor with everyone!!!

That's interesting. Yeah...:rotfl I'd have to agree, well, except for Mace. Starkiller's force powers were incredible, dusting two Jedi masters, Vader, going toe-to-toe with Palpatine and ripping a Star Destroyer out of the sky. And all that so that his family crest would become the symbol of the Rebel Alliance :lol. I wonder if Luke could've even beat the infant version of Starkiller from Kashyyyk? Because in the end, Luke's biggest challenge was to defeat a severely crippled old man on decaying prosthetics who had respiratory issues whose saber skills had diminished so much that he relied more on force chokes and force throws than actual strikes.

Very doubtful. The jedi's skills were much better in the prequels. I don't think Luke who learned mostly on his own could compete with the prequel force wielders. Not saying I like the prequels better, far from it. But the level of skill in the fight scenes far exceed what Luke has shown.

My thoughts exactly.
Great minds think alike.:D

You cant make any assesment fairly, because you got to remember the OT movies where done in in the 70's Lucas didnt have to make this spectacular fight scenes for people to appreciate the movies. He had to make the fight scenes for the NT alot more exciting for today movie goers, he had to put the wow factor in. Im sure if the movies were filmed in the correct order, Luke would have been made alot better than all those guys to justify beating Vader, and Vader would been a lot better than an old man with rusty parts.

Back