CooModel 1/6 Gothic Knight and Horse Armour (SE115/116/117)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is CooModel's "super alloy" merely junk zinc prone to rot?

Spotted this thread on BBICN:

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=400770 ((Ask for help) Coomodel SE115 Super Alloy Gothic Knight is severely oxidized out of the box)

Since my family is rebuilding a toy exhibition room, the goods I received have not been opened for a long time. It was not until recently that they were opened one after another. The problem is that when I opened the Coomodel SE115 Super Alloy Gothic Knight, it turned out to be oxidized right out of the box. As for the snow-white situation, at first I even doubted whether I bought another color. Later, after careful observation, I found out that it was oxidized like this. I would like to ask all the players who bought this model, have they experienced such serious oxidation until now? Phenomenon? How to solve it?

The PS toy was purchased from a model master store. I have forwarded the request to the official for a reply 3 days ago, but there is no reply yet.

c1.jpg
c2.jpg
c3.jpg
c4.jpg
c5.jpg
c6.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes!

Mine didn’t do that but I’d make lemonade out of those lemons and turn him into an undead knight. That patina with some acrylic washes and weathering could look sick

Yikes!

Mine didn’t do that but I’d make lemonade out of those lemons and turn him into an undead knight. That patina with some acrylic washes and weathering could look sick

The thread now has (Resolved) added to the title.

This was the resolution, posted by Zip the forum Administrator:

ZIP said:
I showed this post to the COO and suggested that you use high-grit sandpaper, such as 5000 grit or above, or use a nano-sponge sanding block with a little water on it for polishing.

If you really don’t know how, you can contact the merchant where you purchased it to return it to the factory for after-sales service.

So the solution is polish it yourself, or return it and let Coo do it, because it seems Coo missed polishing this one themselves.

I have a Kaustic Plastik Roman cavalryman with a helmet that was matt and unfinished looking right from new. I've never been sure whether it was meant to be like that or not, but seeing ZIP's post makes me think it was never polished as intended.

All’s well that ends well, I suppose. It seems really weird tho that it was assembled like that

Back