CooModel 1/6 Gothic Knight and Horse Armour (SE115/116/117)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
220822h082f5n8x6feehfu.jpg

ZIP's added a new description in the announcement thread on the BBICN forum, because there have been a few questions about the differences from earlier releases:

The full set of armor is 100% hand-assembled from more than 100 all-metal parts!
Super alloys are thinner and stronger than traditional alloys!

Both rider and horse seem to be based on this example from the Wallace Collection in London.
A21_detail-2.width-2000.jpg

It is a pity about the cheap looking chain mail seeing as they made a great looking mail shirt for the Hussar figure. Maybe that was harder to produce than they expected?
s-l1600.jpg

Both rider and horse seem to be based on this example from the Wallace Collection in London.
View attachment 593418

Good find!

It is a pity about the cheap looking chain mail seeing as they made a great looking mail shirt for the Hussar figure. Maybe that was harder to produce than they expected?
View attachment 593419

That's a head scratcher after improving the armour.

Pop Toys are doing real mail for their updated Jeanne d'Arc, and Coo shares a factory with them and co-operates on some of their projects, so they could've done it if they wanted to.

Pop Toys Jeanne commemmorative 3.jpg

I'd say the horse looks like a pretty accurate representation of that armor. The rider, not really. The mitten hands, and the sallet are very different.

The sallet looks more like this:
image.jpeg

though the bevor (the chin/neck) armor pieces don't articulate quite the same as the figure. Its still interesting. I'm not sure I'd be in on this given I have the original gothic knight and horse but maybe. I do fear the price for this given the COO Model Ferdinand II of Holy Roman Empire figure started at $450....

But I am a sucker for knight figures....

I’m really excited for this release. I know some people think the diecast aspect is over rated, but personally I love it. I’ve always been obsessed with plate armor, and think that using actual metal material gives it a more realistic feel. Like a true armor miniature. I only hope that the final product is as shiny and polished looking. Coomodel’s earlier alloy attempts were a tad too matte and not reflective enough.

I’m really excited for this release. I know some people think the diecast aspect is over rated, but personally I love it. I’ve always been obsessed with plate armor, and think that using actual metal material gives it a more realistic feel. Like a true armor miniature. I only hope that the final product is as shiny and polished looking. Coomodel’s earlier alloy attempts were a tad too matte and not reflective enough.

You can judge by these photos of their newly released Polish Winged Hussar:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...es-polish-winged-hussar.240597/#post-10752079

The price seems to be $369.99 MSRP ($355.16 at Ekia Hobbies) so not as bad as I thought. The horse is $229.99 MSRP ($220.76 at Ekia Hobbies). The red one is more expensive at $399.99 msrp and ($383.96 at Ekia Hobbies), which okay I think the red one is hideous but to each there own. I'll probably wait for it to show up on Timewalker Toys, and decide then.

The price seems to be $369.99 MSRP ($355.16 at Ekia Hobbies) so not as bad as I thought. The horse is $229.99 MSRP ($220.76 at Ekia Hobbies). The red one is more expensive at $399.99 msrp and ($383.96 at Ekia Hobbies), which okay I think the red one is hideous but to each there own. I'll probably wait for it to show up on Timewalker Toys, and decide then.

They saved a bit with the mail, which is the thing that's holding me back at the moment.

It's not quite the 'complete package' I was expecting after Pop Toys' Joan of Arc Remake Version.

They saved a bit with the mail, which is the thing that's holding me back at the moment.

It's not quite the 'complete package' I was expecting after Pop Toys' Joan of Arc Remake Version.
For sure the the real chainmail shirts are cool I have a couple of them one I snagged from monkey depot, but the price point for those... I'm okay with it not being included.

I do wish the chainmail wasn't the weird fabric that they chose, they've done some nice chainmail looking fabric in the past releases including the original gothic knight that looked a lot better.

I have the original Joan of Arc release from Pop Toys and that was a really nice figure for the price with metal armor, $160 back then. And while the real chainmail looks amazing and the made some refinement to the armor from the original release, is it $600 amazing?

Still a really cool figure but I couldn't justify that.

For sure the the real chainmail shirts are cool I have a couple of them one I snagged from monkey depot, but the price point for those... I'm okay with it not being included.

I do wish the chainmail wasn't the weird fabric that they chose, they've done some nice chainmail looking fabric in the past releases including the original gothic knight that looked a lot better.

I have the older Gothic too, as well as the Milanese, and the fabric mail on them is more convincing than the newer version.

I have the original Joan of Arc release from Pop Toys and that was a really nice figure for the price with metal armor, $160 back then. And while the real chainmail looks amazing and the made some refinement to the armor from the original release, is it $600 amazing?

Still a really cool figure but I couldn't justify that.

I bought the two versions and the horse, and when the Remake was shown I wanted it, until I saw the price! :thud:

Well, I still wanted her after seeing the price too, but couldn't justify it. Then a friend in Hong Kong made me an unexpected offer that brought the price way down.

giphy.gif

Well that looks pretty damn promising, in regards to this figure. Crazy how far their abilities have come in a short amount of time.

ZIP on the BBICN forum, who imparts the information from the figure companies, explained the alloy after a flurry of questions:

On behalf of reply:

super alloy, it can be understood as:
thinner and stronger than traditional alloys, and the material density is higher.
As for the composition of industrial materials, the basis is still zinc alloy basis (only the distribution is different).

View attachment 593418

I'd say the horse looks like a pretty accurate representation of that armor. The rider, not really. The mitten hands, and the sallet are very different.

The sallet looks more like this:View attachment 593422
though the bevor (the chin/neck) armor pieces don't articulate quite the same as the figure. Its still interesting. I'm not sure I'd be in on this given I have the original gothic knight and horse but maybe. I do fear the price for this given the COO Model Ferdinand II of Holy Roman Empire figure started at $450....

But I am a sucker for knight figures....

Yes, the armour is more inspired by the one in the Wallace Collection.

The collection description is:

A21, Armour for Man and Horse, Landshut, c. 1480

Gothic Armour, Wallace Collection2.jpg

The full details are on this page:

• Equestrian armour
  • Possibly Ulrich Rämbs , Armourer
  • Germany, partially Landshut
  • Date: c. 1480
    1800 - 1899 (gauntlets)
  • Medium: Iron, low- and medium-carbon steels, leather, felt, canvas, wood and copper alloy, fluted, pierced, chiselled, etched, punched, embossed and engraved

• Weight: 27.161 kg, Total for man's armour
  • Weight: 30.07 kg, Total for horse's armour
  • Weight: 10.17 kg, Total for mail
  • Inv: A21

Though probably assembled and partly restored in the nineteenth century, this impressive display serves to show something of the splendour and elegance of the German ‘Gothic’ style of armour, with fluted surfaces and boldly cusped borders. This ‘field’ armour (i.e. armour for war) is recorded as having come from the Castle of Hohenaschau in the Tyrol, dynastic home of the von Freyberg family, whose armoury was dispersed in the early 1860s. Fifteenth-century plate armour is of the greatest rarity; although in this case that for the man is heavily composite, the horse armour (barding) is relatively homogenous and is in remarkably good condition.

Armourer's mark: Two marks, one of them is the guild mark of Landshut
Armourer's mark: A hat, the mark of the Bavarian city of Landshut

Loose parts for this now up on eBay. Will be interesting to hear people's in-hand impressions.

I want to get the horse with the armor but they used the same mold of a horse I already own, super annoying.

The figure has apparently been released because it’s getting parted out on evil bay. CM is really upping their game across the board of knights, Vikings and samurai

Just ordered mine! I'm hoping the metal for the armour is similar to what they've used for their katana blades; that comes up really nice looking with a cotton swab and a bit of Autosol.

Back