COOMODEL: 1/6 2015 Death -(Red Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got him from BBTS. I have to say I was immediately annoyed taking him out of the box. As soon as you open it, the outfit is just sitting on top of the foam and it is a bare skeleton inside.

My biggest gripe is that the hood is a separate piece and is not the same color as the robe! It looks like it was sewn inside out or something but it is not reversible so it looks like a totally different cloth and looks stupid. My wife, who doesn't even really like 1/6th commented on it immediately from across the room.

He comes with two skulls, one more Neanderthal than the other and then the "baphomet" horned piece is a mask with a super thin elastic string that barely fits over the skulls.

The scythe comes in three pieces and is too heavy for him to hold except in the over the shoulder or stuck in the ground poses. The metal wrist pin pulled out in the hand but seems to have went back in ok.

They give him a waist grabber stand but he has no waist so he just flops around in the loop even at its tightest position, would have been much better with a crotch grabber under the cloak.

$100 down the drain. Hoping I can whip up some futz magic on this guy and make him look cool enough to tolerate.

I just got him from BBTS. I have to say I was immediately annoyed taking him out of the box. As soon as you open it, the outfit is just sitting on top of the foam and it is a bare skeleton inside.

My biggest gripe is that the hood is a separate piece and is not the same color as the robe! It looks like it was sewn inside out or something but it is not reversible so it looks like a totally different cloth and looks stupid. My wife, who doesn't even really like 1/6th commented on it immediately from across the room.

He comes with two skulls, one more Neanderthal than the other and then the "baphomet" horned piece is a mask with a super thin elastic string that barely fits over the skulls.

The scythe comes in three pieces and is too heavy for him to hold except in the over the shoulder or stuck in the ground poses. The metal wrist pin pulled out in the hand but seems to have went back in ok.

They give him a waist grabber stand but he has no waist so he just flops around in the loop even at its tightest position, would have been much better with a crotch grabber under the cloak.

$100 down the drain. Hoping I can whip up some futz magic on this guy and make him look cool enough to tolerate.
Thanks for the review!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

i had the first death release and the red death.

both figures can manage without a stand. had the black one in this pose for a while with jack skellington towering him.lolz
Jesus-with-crowd-e1432162000329-300x82.jpg

i had the first death release and the red death.

both figures can manage without a stand. had the black one in this pose for a while with jack skellington towering him.lolz
Jesus-with-crowd-e1432162000329-300x82.jpg

Not while holding the scythe he cant. If you use the scythe as a support with it stuck in the ground then maybe.

Not happy with this guy so far. I laid him back in his box for now. I need more time and a fresh look at him to try and get him looking better.

Was your red hood the same color as his robe or is it off as well? Mine has almost a metallic sheen like there is oil or something in spots.

I wonder if I contacted Coo if they would send me a new one.

my red hood has matching robe. the only trouble i had was putting the damn thing on the bonehead.lolz
compared to the first version, he is more sturdy. i'd still consider him a well balanced figure.
the bare skeleton figure can do without any stand, like their previous releases.

the scythe though is tad heavy, you need to get creative for action poses. you'd need a stand for that.
but if its just standing, you can use it for support.

I Stand corrected... After much fiddling with him, I was able to tip his torso back and get him to stand with the Scythe without a stand. I like him a lot more after spending an hour or so with him. I am still really annoyed about the hood color but it doesn't stand out as glaringly as it does in person.

20160519_210118.jpg
20160519_211107_HDR.jpg
20160519_211118.jpg
20160519_210109.jpg
20160519_211003_HDR.jpg

you managed to put on the robe without punching a hole on the wall is a good thing.lolz
one arm sleeve had 2 arm holes, other one goes between the cloth...which was frustrating enough putting in.lolz

First time I put it on, the arms went in and then no hands came out.. they had slid into a pocket inside the arms. It was frustrating for sure.

I put the Baphomet mask on and couldn't get it off either.. the elastic strap is really tight and it got stuck in one of his neck vertebrae, I thought I was going to wreck it but got it off ok (dislocated the jaw on the skull though and even though I popped it back in it likes to sag open).

20160626_085504.jpg20160626_092104.jpg
I was expecting to be disappointed with this when I opened it, but I was wrong. Other than the legs being a little wonky, it's a pretty cool figure. I did not expect the second skull, but it is a little larger and the mask fits better on it, I'm guessing that's why its there.

Hi to all

I am a newbie here to this forum, and I would like to share my recent purchase of this COOMODEL Red Death edition. After reading the comments on this forum, in regards to this figure, I was a little undecided, however these comments and the pictures helped me make the decision on getting this figure. And I must say, I am really impressed with the detail, and level of quality of this kit. The Red Hood and Robe match, as I read that one of the members on here had a problem with the color of their Hood and Robe not matching. In my humble opinion, this is one of the nicest examples of the Grim Reaper, and that being said, I am sure it whould display very nice in your collection of this sort! If anybody is interested in getting this figure, I found that BBTS had the best price around!

Regards, Garrett

Back