Statue Coolprops AVP Scar Predator life-size Bust Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
am i the only one who thinks coolprops are just churning too much average alien pred stuff do they think we are all millionaires, I would prefer less items but much better quality, at least the dreads are better on this

this bust is awful and the paint job poorly painted no wonder its only edition size 250
I pray nobody buy this , this is a wake up call on coolprops to do a better job

Scar's face was hideous... well, all of Pred are hideous but was not this hideously designed anyway. This is what you got after trying to fused a "teenage heroes" theme with a "badass one ugly mother******" space monster IMO.

Or at least this bust should've an option to put the mask on. That'll improve sales and make it 100X better... maybe.

Looks decent to me as well, though scar is probably the only pred I wouldn't buy.

I'm kinda in the same boat, but not (if that makes any sense)...ie I think it looks decent, but Scar is my favorite from that movie.
I just need to see if I can fit it in my den! Been wanting an AvP 1:1 this has me thinking

I think the dreads are terrible. Nice in quality, but far from accurate. Too skinny and definitely too short.

I haven't read that anyone has even ordered this? They would've had a much better chance if they make this a Bio helmet bust instead. That face is just bad. I wish they would've done more with the license since they have all the great movie props at their disposal. The Alien stuff is marginally better, which isn't saying a lot. I hope the lacks of sales don't hurt Primes chance at making their 1/3 line.

I haven't read that anyone has even ordered this? They would've had a much better chance if they make this a Bio helmet bust instead. That face is just bad. I wish they would've done more with the license since they have all the great movie props at their disposal. The Alien stuff is marginally better, which isn't saying a lot. I hope the lacks of sales don't hurt Primes chance at making their 1/3 line.

I imagine we'll soon see this one removed from sale. They could always salvage it by simply cutting the face off and adding his mask, I imagine more people would be open to the idea of it that way. Even I'd be interested in a masked Celtic, but maybe not at this scale.... 1/2 and I'd likely buy any they made (other than scars ugly face)

It is time that CP upped their end quality a little with better refinement etc though. They make some really interesting products, they just don't fill the buyer with confidence still....

DP7yd0-VwAEXEa3.jpg
Id rather spend the $1300 on the girl on the left. :banana

This bust is copping some heat, at the end of the day it's Scar... but I think it's a nice bust and it's pretty well executed unlike Wolf.
I hope they do a P2 elder and don't **** it up.

I agree with the comments about making masked busts. Id buy this in a heart beat if it was masked. Same for wolf. The masks are my favorite part. A masked 1:1 bust would be easier to sculpt, easier to paint and i venture to guess would be more well received. The Predator head is very intricate and detailed, and if you are not willing to replicate that on a budget then put the mask on it and just worry about painting something silver and put in some mesh eyes. Maybe even a LED feature on the laser.

These guys are going to loose so many sales just because they went the crappiest route for dreads. I don't think the sculpt is that bad, the dreads and paint (and pose I suppose) are just dragging it down. Putting a mask will not fix this, it will still have the craptastic dreads. They also need to stop trying to make everything all at once. They burned people out with the heads. Who the heck can afford 6 heads in a couple years? Instead of going for quantity how about doing it right?

This bust is copping some heat, at the end of the day it's Scar... but I think it's a nice bust and it's pretty well executed unlike Wolf.
I hope they do a P2 elder and don't **** it up.

i'd love a elder but would need to make the dreads separate as there a focal point on the elder, making them like the others wont work, they need to up there game cant understand why go to the trouble of making a back pack and not a cannon

Nenydee has done a video review on YouTube. He has an advanced copy sent from Cool Props.

Yeah - meant to post this myself - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCgyaOALEK0

. . . but then I got apathetic because (given the low quality of the paintwork), I decided I'd rather have a lifesize bust of Neny instead of Scar​

The SCULPT is GREAT though - and LOVE the individual dreds.

Back