Commission work on 1/6 Half Life Gordon Freeman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Commission work on Half Life HEV suit and Weapon

Originally Sam and I had talked about doing a small run of the completed figure. I didn't know if there would be much interest in a figure of Gordon or when I would have the time to do the additional work.

Personally I have no problem with him selling them once hes done with mine. Like I said, the guy does fantastic work and I think hes entitled to it since hes putting so much time and effort into it. :clap

If you guys want to start looking around for someone to do a good head sculpt I would gladly pitch in for it! The only part that I still need to figure out how to do is the blackish gray mesh underneath the armor. I was thinking of just using a black 1/6 spandex suit or something.

Well if Sam and you are both ok with it, I will take a full HEV suit and Gravity Gun just PM me any info or I'll shoot Sam an email.

I will see about getting us a good head as well, we need to determine how many people would like to be in for the head and how much they are willing to pay. I don't see us getting to a number like 15, but maybe like 5 of us willing to cough up more could still get it done. I'd pay extra if we got someone like Hanomaun to agree.

As for the undersuit let me look around. Maybe like a black undersuit like the stormtrooper one with some kevlar vests overlapping around the pelvis?

Its depend, if its just a re-modification on the original piece would be low, to scrap built one would be higher. You need to show me pic in order for me to evaluate.

I see.. i was just asking as i'm interested in this gravity gun a hev suit.

Well if Sam and you are both ok with it, I will take a full HEV suit and Gravity Gun just PM me any info or I'll shoot Sam an email.

Me too:hi5: ...unless the price is too high, must draw the line somewhere:(

Originally Sam and I had talked about doing a small run of the completed figure. I didn't know if there would be much interest in a figure of Gordon or when I would have the time to do the additional work.

Personally I have no problem with him selling them once hes done with mine. Like I said, the guy does fantastic work and I think hes entitled to it since hes putting so much time and effort into it. :clap

If you guys want to start looking around for someone to do a good head sculpt I would gladly pitch in for it! The only part that I still need to figure out how to do is the blackish gray mesh underneath the armor. I was thinking of just using a black 1/6 spandex suit or something.
Astro I'll also try to help you on the under suit, no promise that I could produce any result.:lol

I have a broken abe sapian hot toys figure, if i don't try to repair it i may turn his suit into the under layer for the hev suit, as it's very similar to the hev suit around the waist area.

102_1407.jpg

Edit: ..ehh short sleeves:(

..i better just repair him.

The Gravity gun is the most iconic weapon to display with freeman but if you were to make a second weapon for him it would have to be the Combine Pulse rifle!
Pulserifle.jpg

Last edited:

:lol ..is there any weapon you have not studied?:horror

Astro_zombie said:

Personally I have no problem with him selling them once hes done with mine...
Cheers muchly for that Astro_zombie. :D I'm really interested in the gravity gun and hev suit, as I'd love to bash this figure.
Am also interested in the head idea, Deckard. It might be worth putting a post up on the OSW site, to see if anyone there is interested in a Gordon Freeman head.

p.s. He needs a crowbar too. :lol

Something anyone "interested" needs to understand is this is going to be expensive, I haven't talked to Sam, but this is a super complicated HEV suit build, a light up Gravity Gun, and a custom head that will only be liimted to about 5. By the time all is said and done, be prepared to spend close to $500 or more please, its not to sound like a ____ or anything, just to make sure you don't waste anyones time who is really prepared to pay something like that for a figure.

If your seriously interested and prepartd to possibly pay as much as $150 or more for a custom unpainted Gordon Freeman head cast, PM me and we will organise a small group commission. As I said I'm looking to get to 5, so the first other 4 to PM me will get on board, anyone else may very well be on their own for a head.

Couldn't hurt to see if there's more than 5 interested to drive the cost down, might be surprised!

The problem is I doubt Sam is going to want to build 15 or more suits/gravity guns.

And since alot of way bigger, more well known movie characters don't make it to 10 even, I think 5 is reasonable.

Honestly I'm preparing for the most likely possiblity we won't even get to 5 and I'll have to commission a head completely on my own. This is the one character I'd do it for.

Roger that, and Sam's suit cap is definitely something to consider. Either way, I'm stoked to see what comes of this. It's projects like this that make me rethink omitting video game characters from my collection.

Roger that, and Sam's suit cap is definitely something to consider. Either way, I'm stoked to see what comes of this. It's projects like this that make me rethink omitting video game characters from my collection.

Aside from the Dude, I would sell my collection to fund this, Gordon > most movie characters and video games :rock

If your interested in maybe just splitting a Hanomaun head PM me, I'm going to get in touch with him.

I agree, Freeman is about as iconic as video game characters get :rock I'm still trying to figure out a way to get in on Grimes...time to assess the collection :lol

I'm in for a HS Deckard. Ive already come this far so why not just go all the way and get a commissioned HS too?

The lights look killer Sam!

I'm all 4 this and i am ready to spend that amount for Sam's work( but i will need to sell a few things:() ..bright side is we will end up with about as rare a custom as you can find:)

Sam's gear will be amazing and so should the sculpt that is to go with it ,this custom freeman sculpt must be good and worth the $150ish price.

Please link me to where i can see the work of the sculptors that have so far been suggested.

I'm all 4 this and i am ready to spend that amount for Sam's work( but i will need to sell a few things:() ..bright side is we will end up with about as rare a custom as you can find:)

Sam's gear will be amazing and so should the sculpt that is to go with it ,this custom freeman sculpt must be good and worth the $150ish price ..Deckard can you give me a link to where i can see some of your work please? (sorry i'm not familiar with all the sculptors on this site)

Hey man, not me, I don't sculpt, I am going to commission someone, most preferably member Hanouman as his style would be perfect, but if he can't do it I have others in mind we could also talk to.

I know, sorry i misread, as you can see i edited my post just there:lol:slap

Back