Commander Gree - Paint Apps/Pauldron/Kama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix0A

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just wanted to show my soon-to-be-done minor customization of Commander Gree. Basically did additional weathering and darkening of the lower arm/hip/thigh camo, scratch-built leather pauldron, various 1/6 accessories added to suspenders, Commander Wolffe kama (painted trim), and repainted knee/elbow guards. Need to figure out what to do with the shin gaurds and shoes - probably just dirt 'n mud.

*UPDATE* - Added some corrosion/grime spots to the helmet and other bare metal parts, camo'd up the clip pouches on suspenders, and added some mud to the boots and shin guards (hard to see, shoulda picked a lighter brown). Yes, I know the upper arm armor is backwards. I like them better this was and it's easier to bend the elbows :).

front1_zps10822070.jpg

20150222_105132_zps054fb92c.jpg

back_zps2975eb4c.jpg

elbow_zps5c1f96b3.jpg

knee_zps03cb5b57.jpg

Looks pretty cool. I'm soon going to repaint a Shiny bucket to go on my Gree so he'll have the updated helmet sculpt. Should be a fun project.

Looks good, but the helmet looks a little too shiny compared to the rest of him.

Good call. Some soot and dull-coating may be in order.

Looks pretty cool. I'm soon going to repaint a Shiny bucket to go on my Gree so he'll have the updated helmet sculpt. Should be a fun project.

Would love to see this. What's the difference between the old and new SS clone Phase 2 helmet sculpts?

Would love to see this. What's the difference between the old and new SS clone Phase 2 helmet sculpts?

They are just more accurately proportioned. Check out this pic. The first three are the first phase 2 and the fourth is the new version.

image.jpg

The new helmet is quite a bit larger... might have to look into repainting one for Gree so he will match other clone commanders and ARC troopers I was thinking about ordering.

*Update pics to show some additional paint tweaks*

Not sure if I like the pauldron on him but everything else looks great. Oh and... your upper arm armor is on backwards :) Unless of course that is intentional to go along with the new look.

The new helmet is quite a bit larger... might have to look into repainting one for Gree so he will match other clone commanders and ARC troopers I was thinking about ordering.

*Update pics to show some additional paint tweaks*

Well the other clone commanders will have he smaller helmet since they were made before the newer Deluxe clones. On the other hand Rex II and ARC echo and Fives will have the bigger helmets. In the end it will depend on who you'll display Gree with as to whether you'll need a larger helmet.

Not sure if I like the pauldron on him but everything else looks great. Oh and... your upper arm armor is on backwards :) Unless of course that is intentional to go along with the new look.

Yes, intentionally backwards per my first post :)

For those non-pauldron fans (this look is growing on me):

20150223_085412_zps286d4ced.jpg

20150223_085303_zps3d41da66.jpg
nopauldron1_zps115054d7.jpg

Very very nicely done!!!! I have a new phase 2 shiny clone trooper that I would love to post him to a unit but just afraid I will mess him up

Back