Code 3 vader tie, slave and at-st reviews and dimensions needed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BankruptCollector

Freaked Out
Reaction score
As the title says, looking into perhaps buying these in the near future but would like the thoughts of someone who has these item(s). Space is also an issue so I need the dimensions....

Thanks freaks!

As the title says, looking into perhaps buying these in the near future but would like the thoughts of someone who has these item(s). Space is also an issue so I need the dimensions....

Thanks freaks!

I've got all three but i can't help out with dimensions at the moment because they are all in storage as my new house is being built.

They are the best of the Code3's hands down. I had the Millennium & X-Wing (sold them when I got the MR & eFX) and they were average, but these you're asking about are great. Definitely buy them.

Looks great mandible, nicely done man! I too have the scout trooper and from the looks of ur pic, judging by the comparative ratios, size shouldn't be a problem! Gonna go for it! How does the code 3 falcon fair against the fine molds falcon? Anyone have or seen both up close?

Looks great mandible, nicely done man! I too have the scout trooper and from the looks of ur pic, judging by the comparative ratios, size shouldn't be a problem! Gonna go for it! How does the code 3 falcon fair against the fine molds falcon? Anyone have or seen both up close?

Yeah mate, the Fine Molds is much better. The Falcon was the first Code3 and it was pretty bad. If you don't want to spend the money on the Fine Molds, eFX are (supposed) to be doing a Falcon soon. It looks spot on!

i actually have both the MR and fine molds falcons. but was wondering if the code 3 version was worth getting, in comparative sizes....how big was your code 3 falcon? it loooks slightly smaller than the fine molds version...

p.s. i just got rid of that ghastly wooden base (fine molds falcon) it came with and made a table for it. super stoked!

I've got all the code 3 vehicles (except the gunship) and absolutely love them all. They do take up a lot of space however, due to the size of the base.

I will try and get you some dimensions later, but here is a pic...

IMG_2473Large.jpg

IMG_3597Large.jpg

I only have the Code 3 AT-ST and Vader's TIE Fighter due to my Imperial collecting focus - thus I never cared for the other Code 3. They are just great because they are made of metal, have a nice base, and are really detailed. Indeed they are quite large, but for example the AT-ST is very close to the original studio scale used by ILM. Both have removable panels which show interior details as well, a really cool feature.

Short video reviews of the Code 3 AT-ST and Vader's TIE Fighter:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LviAitS1tRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RvrI1mZMfTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Product Description

Code 3 AT-ST

Limited edition of 1,500 piece worldwide! This 1:26 scale replica of the AT-ST is a precision piece of die cast metal. Each detail was hand sculpted to capture each feature of this unique vehicle. Engineers scoured over hundreds of reference materials to create the most authentic replica possible. Hand Painted to the finest detail to distinctive weathered paint scheme. Includes a custom felt covered wood base with pewter plate, collector's patch and certificate of authenticity.

Removable Parts: Right side panel exposes the interior of the cockpit, including 2 AT-ST pilots and detailed control panel. Entry hatch is removable to reveal top view detail of the interior.
Movable Parts: Front twin blaster cannons rotate up and down. Head rotates side to side and up and down. Command viewports open and close. Concussion launcher and blaster cannon rotate.

While not as imposing as its larger AT-AT walker cousin, the AT-ST nonetheless served as a significant addition to the Imperial side of battlefields in the Galactic Civil War. The two-man craft is lightly armed with chin-mounted laser cannons, and side-mounted weapon pods. The two-legged craft, dubbed the scout walker by many, serves as a reconnaissance and patrol vehicle, often flanking approaching AT-ATs and mopping up infantry that sneaks past the larger walkers. The Imperials used AT-STs in both the Battle of Hoth and the Battle of Endor.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Imperial-Walker-Replicas/dp/B00092A78Y/ref=cm_cmu_pg_i

Code 3 TIE Advanced Fighter

Code 3 Collectibles is proud to present you with the most authentic reproduction of the TIE Advanced X1 Starfighter to date. Every detail of the original starship has been meticulously captured, and recreated in die cast with astonishing precision. With over 300 hand-crafted pieces, all detailed features were scaled from the original TIE Advanced X1.

Having the distinct characteristics of large twin solar arrays, the Empire's TIE Starfighters have become the most widely recognizable symbol of the Imperial forces. Differing from the standard TIE, Vader's custom TIE Advance X1 has larger, angular wings, a longer rear engine, and both protective shields and hyperdrive capability. Like its pilot, Lord Vader, the TIE Advanced X1 is faster, more maneuverable and definitely more lethal.

The cockpit hatch is removable to expose rarely seen, astounding detail of the cockpit interior, control panels, side panels and even Darth Vader seated at his pilots chair. This compelling showpiece is custom painted to emphasize its rich detail, from the weathering effect of the exhaust fumes, to computer detail located on the interior cockpit panels. This replica of the TIE Advance X1 Starfighter was molded based on the original models and photos from the Lucasfilm archives.

This diecast replica is limited to 5000 pcs worldwide. Authentically replicated according to materials from the Lucasfilm Archives, this model of the Star Wars TIE Fighter is made of die-cast metal for the ultimate in detailing. Die-cast metal gives the TIE Fighter the look and feel of an actual vehicle.

Code 3 Collectibles TIE Fighter is the ultimate in die cast modeling, complete with its own custom designed display base, stand and nameplate. Each model comes with a limited edition certificate and collector patch. Scale: 1:38, Material: Die-cast Metal, Dimensions: 9.5 x 2.3 x 11.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Vaders-Fighter-Replica/product-reviews/B000B8VCU8

My Code 3 displayed:

DisplayEndorImperials.jpg

collectiondisplay08.jpg

Vaderdisplay02.jpg

Question:

How do you guys insert the photo's full screen? Every time I do it it comes up in the small box and even when you blow it up it's still small?

Thanks.

Question:

How do you guys insert the photo's full screen? Every time I do it it comes up in the small box and even when you blow it up it's still small?

Thanks.

I think there are some strange issues going on with the board today. I can't click on smilies to add them to my posts on and I'm also not able to multiquote right now.

Upload the image to photobucket and copy the picture link.

Don't use the attachment option when you post.

I've got both the Fine Molds and the Code 3 Falcon. I'd say I like the Fine Molds better (slightly bigger, better detail, better paint). However, there is definitely something to be said about the cool little reveal features of the Code 3 version (also boarding ramp). I was planning on selling the Code 3 one once I got the Fine Molds version, but I don't think it's going to happen. They are both pretty cool. If you don't care about the removable panels, then there would be no contest.

With their display cases:

AT-ST
L:11.5" x W:11.5" x H:14"

Slave 1
14.5" x 15.5" x 16"

TIE-Fighter
14.5" x 15.5" x 10"

The X-wing is my favorite. I had the EFX one, yeah it's studio scale and lights up, but was lacking in other details that just annoyed me. The shape wasn't quite right and the pilot looked like crap. Hasbro does a better job with their figures. I'd suggest the Kotobukya/Fine Molds X-wing. It may not be die-cast, but the detail is extraordinary!

Now, I'm not a big fan of the Falcon, it's a cool ship, but I'm more into the X-wings and TIE-Fighters.
Still, it's an important ship in the classic trilogy.

The Falcon, Fine Molds is better. The problem with the Falcon is nothing is ever going to be perfect, even studio replicas. There's multiple models used in the movies of different scales and details, and an interior that does not match the studio models scale. The Code 3 Falcon is not a studio replica, but matches the "Incredible Cross Sections" diagram that gives the Falcon a size that correctly fits the interior.

The Fine Molds Falcon isn't a perfect scaled replica either, but it's a close scale replica of the 32" model and is a better looking Falcon. The EFX one, I think their stuff is overrated and overpriced.

What I really want to see is Kotobukiya and Fine Molds make a Falcon like they did for their X-wing. But there's no signs of anything like that happening in the future.

Yeah, Fine Molds every time.

That said, i do love my Code 3 Falcon as it's what got me into this kind of collecting. I actually have two and hope someday to find a modeller who'll paint the second one in Stellar Envoy colours. :)

Last edited:
P5230013.jpg

I have the Falcon, X-wing & AT-ST and i'm very happy with them, but they do take alot of valuable display room up though.

It's just a shame that Code 3 stopped making these. :(

Back