Cobra Trooper is up! Use this link!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotta say, the initial pics here don't blow me away. I think I'll wait to see more detailed shots and feedback from freaks who get it in-hand before deciding if I want to bite the bullet. I've seen some kit bashes that I dig as much or more based on what I have already seen, and that would cost less to piece together than the Sideshow version.

That damn iron-on transfer is really bugging me.

Well, that's one concern that will be addressed when more info. comes out. I don't actually know how it will look in person. It could just be lighting or something. I've got a CC coming to me in the mail, but it has yet to arrive. . .

You don't think a patch would work on that scale? I'm only referring to the big symbol on his chest.

Nope. A printed patch would look sillier than the iron-on and and Prog's right, an embroidered patch would be too thick to look good in 1:6. And TBH, it doesn't even bother me on CC.

Yeah, base your call on the commander when you get him dude, I'm sre you'll change your mind once you do get him.

I've gotta say, the initial pics here don't blow me away. I think I'll wait to see more detailed shots and feedback from freaks who get it in-hand before deciding if I want to bite the bullet. I've seen some kit bashes that I dig as much or more based on what I have already seen, and that would cost less to piece together than the Sideshow version.

That damn iron-on transfer is really bugging me.

Meh, you can kitbash every GIJoe figure cheaper, but that isn't the point.

The decal is fine, I just don't like the black outline around it. It isn't needed.

I think the only other options to the outline would be:

clear outline
blue outline
or
each red element of the cobra being an individual decal.

I think of all those choices the black works the best. There is no way the blues would match up, the clear would look dirty, and if they used multiple stickers for each individual element they probably would not be applied symmetrically.

I think the only other options to the outline would be:

clear outline
blue outline
or
each red element of the cobra being an individual decal.

I think of all those choices the black works the best. There is no way the blues would match up, the clear would look dirty, and if they used multiple stickers for each individual element they probably would not be applied symmetrically.

:lecture :lecture

i hope so but i'm always the last to get mine. when ever they say they will start chrarging credit cards, i don't get charged til about a week later.

I am VERY surprised international orders were processed before US.

I can't wait to get these, that means hopefully a new one will be previewed soon.

2 on the way soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back