Cloverfield Monster Revealed, SPOLIER!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets hope they wait a while and not let anymore information out about sequel. And we just get blasted with a teaser trailer in a year or two. I hope they don't even hint that it's a sequel. Don't even call it cloverfield 2. Don't even reference the first one. We shouldn't know it's part 2 until we see the monster on screen.

Thought I'd bump this with this pic and link...

927009209ff_Main400.jpg

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=863&ID=21030

Ya I was shocked to finally see that hasbro posted the pics of the figure. I was excited to see it, not just cuz it's an awesome figure, but it is kinda cool to finally see what the thing looks like without it moving around the whole time. I was hoping that they would have given it the rubber skin like Kenner did the Jurassic Park dinos but this thing kicks ass anyway If I didn't have to waste all my money on moving, I would pick this up in a heart beat.

:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

This was a decent flick but it was spoilt by a not so good story line , it was all very predictable. In my opinion the host was much better. Only because of the story line. This had great special effects and was something refreshing but the plot messed it all up for me.
Lets hope they can make a sequel better. :rock

DVD announced: Out 4/22. Includes Alternate Ending!

CLOVERFIELD (PARAMOUNT) 4-22 DVD $29.99
Action: A monster attacks New York in this $79 million-grossing movie. Bonuses: alternate ending, deleted scenes, making-of featurettes, commentary.

DVD announced: Out 4/22. Includes Alternate Ending!

CLOVERFIELD (PARAMOUNT) 4-22 DVD $29.99
Action: A monster attacks New York in this $79 million-grossing movie. Bonuses: alternate ending, deleted scenes, making-of featurettes, commentary.

This one'll definitely go in the collection.

I just have a quick question?I saw the movie for the first time online today ,and I was just trying to understand why the one chick exploded after she was bitten by one of those parrasites?

I just have a quick question?I saw the movie for the first time online today ,and I was just trying to understand why the one chick exploded after she was bitten by one of those parrasites?

It's never really explained, but I would guess that it's something in the parasite's salive or blood that makes people combust and go boom....it's only a guess.

i think one of the things i liked about the movie was that not much was explained. it left so much more to the imagination, which you do not see that often in Hollywood anymore. Everything needs to be explained now.

I just saw the movie and I get chills seeing the skyscrappers fall down and watching the clouds of debris funneling through the streets. I'm sorry, if I want to see this kind of disaster stuff I'll go on youtube and see some actual 9/11 footage. I used to love Godzilla or ID4 but not since this level of carnage happened for real. Not to insult the fans, of course. I gave it a fair chance.

See I don't get that mindset that the destruction was so earth shattering it reminds people of 9/11. It was a monster movie. Do you get reminders of 9/11 in ID4 when the city is destroyed? How about bad feelings when Tokyo is caught in a Godzilla rampage? To me it was a fairly well done movie with buildings that collapsed and were destroyed by a monster. Didn't see any planes myself. Guess we can't have any more disaster movies set in NYC.

I don't see how the destruction could NOT remind people of 9/11. I'm pretty sure it was designed to do so, since they mimic the video footage from people on the ground on 9/11.

I loved Cloverfield, but I can relate to Doomhammer. I don't even turn my TV on anymore on September 11th. I don't now why it doesn't bother me in a movie, but it doesn't. It's a fine line between catharsis and flashback, I guess. The line falls differently for everyone.

It's surely reminiscent but that's ok. You're supposed to feel the same feelings under attack whether it be terrorists or aliens or terrorist aliens, fiction or real life.

I'm just surprised at those intense feelings from someone from Belgium. I had luckily moved from NYC Greenwich Village right before 9/11 but feel ok watching disaster movies. Though I'm with you YoNoSe on not turning on tv on 9/11 to avoid the constant Twin Towers replay.

It's a fine line between catharsis and flashback, I guess. The line falls differently for everyone.

I suppose that nails it yeah. Like I said I'm not judging those who like the movie, it just feels very wrong to me. I had similar sentiments when The Day After Tomorrow came out. 9/11 definitely changed the way I look at disaster movies.

I'm just surprised at those intense feelings from someone from Belgium.

When I see such collosal disrespect for human life, it doesn't really come into play if it's in a neighbouring country or on the other side of the world. I think most of us 'here' feel strongly about what happened.

Ah well... the monster does look pretty cool :peace

It's surely reminiscent but that's ok. You're supposed to feel the same feelings under attack whether it be terrorists or aliens or terrorist aliens, fiction or real life.
yeah, i figured Cloverfield was the same deal as the original Godzilla.
Cloverfield is the contemporary version of a monster movie which personifies the media-hyped fears of a particular generation and culture.
Godzilla was the atom bomb portrayed in a black-and-white Japanese post-war time blockbuster.
Cloverfield is modern terrorism in America as seen and created by the youtube generation.

seemed obvious to me, and neither film was insensitive to what they were portraying.
in fact, they were poignant.
________
SUZUKI GSX1100F SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:
I loved Cloverfield, but I can relate to Doomhammer. I don't even turn my TV on anymore on September 11th. I don't now why it doesn't bother me in a movie, but it doesn't. It's a fine line between catharsis and flashback, I guess. The line falls differently for everyone.

probably because it's just that, a movie. some people are unable to distinguish between reality and fantasy.

Anyone seen the "leaked" pics from cloverfield 2.
Looks like some sort of deep sea thing going on, recently watched this on DVD and want to know ore about the creature and what happend.

Anyone seen the "leaked" pics from cloverfield 2.
Looks like some sort of deep sea thing going on, recently watched this on DVD and want to know ore about the creature and what happend.

Nope... didn't know there were any.

Back