Classic Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really like it! I was going to take the fabric off the modern, but now not sure if I want the modern at all, this is a must have for me. and if a batman returns pfiefer comes out I don't really want 3 catwomans.

Also from SF...

Hi Alex,
does Disney have anything to do with the price hikes in Star Wars statues?

Licensing fees will always play a role (and Star Wars is one of the most expensive licenses…even more so since Disney took even more control within the last few months) but manufacturing costs on these products increases with every new piece (no matter the license, no matter the character, no matter the product). So factor in one of the most expensive licenses one can have and the ever increasing costs to produce the characters/creatures and there will be price increases for them.

The facades on the base wouldve looked cooler with a stylized cat head ( im guessing the bases are different in size so maybe this black base is smaller ? So a cougar panther leopard or tiger head would be more appropriate - verses a bigger traditional base with a golden hue lions head). Batman deserves a gothic theme, catwoman not so much.

Catwoman is based in Gotham and is just as dark as Bats is, personally I think the gargoyles are a perfect touch for this "variant". Although I would've made them more gargoyle looking, I didn't know what they were at first.

Same here. I thought they were some sort of bat/cat/lion things.

The heads on the base are like some kind of Cheshire Cat gargoyles... I like them.

How would knowing who sculpted it change your opinion after seeing a reveal of what it's going to look like? If it wasn't Mark Newman, it's not suddenly going to look different.

He's just that good. If he sculpted I know I want it. Even if I didn't see the full pics I know I will regret it later if I don't get it. I can't get everything he sculpts. But if it's a movie character, DC or Marvel. I want it! His skills are worth every buy!

It's Mark Newman CBG. He responded in the threads earlier. She looks good. :wave

Thanks bro! This is great news indeed! Happy collecting!

Catwoman is based in Gotham and is just as dark as Bats is, personally I think the gargoyles are a perfect touch for this "variant". Although I would've made them more gargoyle looking, I didn't know what they were at first.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the characterss mythos? Why not put a Gargoyle at her feet instead of a Cat?

A Gargoyles purpose of was as 'guardians' of the buildings in the form of abstract symbols designed to represent, and to ward off evil.

Batman standing over a Gargoyle makes sense in this context.

The base is irrelevant for a character like Catwoman irrespective of the fact Gotham city may have Gargoyles on their buildings. Most of these would be Cathedrals and i dont see Selina Kyle being a great defender of justice like Daredevil or Batman, those that instill fear into their enemies.

Over on SF...

Hi Alex, so does this ^ also explain why the Balent CW "variant" with no Ex and no change of head (hands or hair) is still $399? Will this be the trend moving fwd with all DC PFs?

The newest Catwoman PF pricing would be based on cost to produce the item now and is not due to any licensing increase (since we haven't had any DC licensing increases for a while). As to whether all DC PFs are getting variation treatments….it will all depend on the character and if there is a variation of the character that would be fun and/or interesting to do. So not all DC PFs will be getting a variation in the future.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the characterss mythos? Why not put a Gargoyle at her feet instead of a Cat?

A Gargoyles purpose of was as 'guardians' of the buildings in the form of abstract symbols designed to represent, and to ward off evil.

Batman standing over a Gargoyle makes sense in this context.

The base is irrelevant for a character like Catwoman irrespective of the fact Gotham city may have Gargoyles on their buildings. Most of these would be Cathedrals and i dont see Selina Kyle being a great defender of justice like Daredevil or Batman, those that instill fear into their enemies.

While you have a valid pov, I just think your over thinking it. Im merely saying she is based in Gotham that is laden with gargoyles so its a fit, not to say a feline head would not be.
:duff

Thanks for sharing the information jpuli28.

No sweat star.

Thanks. So this is what I meant by trend, a simple or basic PF with no extras will be $399, any extras such as CoH's or mixed media would increase the cost?
Examples, WW and current CW came with more and was the same $399.

Wonder Woman and Catwoman (original one) were produced at costs from 2013/2014. We are now in 2015 and what it cost to produce something similar (with less parts even) will be more than costs from 13/14 (and even last month really). The trend is that costs to produce continue to go up and up and up across the board for these kinds of products (from sixth scale to life-size).

They fail to realize that although inflation does affect the price of goods sold

The general trend that has been shown lately is astronomical edition sizes for Characters like Catwoman Ivy Wonder Woman that economies of sale lower costs when we are talking about edition sizes of almost 10 000

Also the US dollar has already appreciated 25% in relation to other currencies it use to trade at parity. Most industries dont have an inflationary rate of 15-25 percent each year (at least for luxury goods) per annum. At least not the ones that survived for decades ie Coco Cola the video game industry etc

So is this going to be fully sculpted? Is this confirmed? I thought it was a completely new sculpt. But seems more like a repaint with added on parts. With the increasing prices, I would much rather get a entirely new sculpt. I know this process saves so much labor and money for SS. For what can I say? I will most likely just buy it sooner or later because of the master sculpter Mark newman. I hope we can get more new sculpts in the future instead of using the same body parts to make a new sale. This used to be called the ex versions.

So is this going to be fully sculpted? Is this confirmed? I thought it was a completely new sculpt. But seems more like a repaint with added on parts. With the increasing prices, I would much rather get a entirely new sculpt. I know this process saves so much labor and money for SS. For what can I say? I will most likely just buy it sooner or later because of the master sculpter Mark newman. I hope we can get more new sculpts in the future instead of using the same body parts to make a new sale. This used to be called the ex versions.

Yes its a full sculpt. According to Mark, despite similarities, its an entirely new sculpt.

Yes its a full sculpt. According to Mark, despite similarities, its an entirely new sculpt.

Well, Mark is a traditional sculptor for the most part from what I have seen. There is no "mirror" function in his workflow so even though the body looks like just a mirrored version of the first CW, to Mark, it's still a brand new sculpt he has to make. Still, from a design perspective, they basically didn't really have to worry about coming up with a unique pose for this CW. I still wish they had included some extras to validate the price. the first CW had an EX and 2 heads...this has no extras and is the same price? Doesn't seem like a good deal to me especially when you can buy her from a third party retailer for cheaper. I think the same goes for the Vader PF...feels like SSC wants to reduce direct orders.

Back